Corsair Community

800D vs. 600T

maflynn

Hey guys, new member here and I'm struggling to figure out which case, if any would suit my needs the best.

I'm running a core i7-930 inside an antec 300 case. It uses a non-modular antec earthwatts 650 power supply (say this because of the cabling) My video card is a single nvidia gtx260 which is on the larger side of things

While my current case is ok, I'm looking to step it up a bit particularly in the cabling department.

The 800D may be a bit over kill for me but it has room to grow. I have an H50 cooler on the cpu, so I'm not terribly concerned about air movement per-se.

The 600T may not have enough features over my current case to justify the expense. I'm more partial to the softer lines of the 600t but it may be just as cramped inside the case as my 300.

Being a mac user (this is a hackintosh) I am anal about aesthetics like cabling which is why I'm considering either case. I also like the hot swappable drives which really sold me on the 800d, not sure if the unreleased 600T has this.

Any thoughts/suggestions.

600T doesn't have hot swap, but it does have the same cable management as the 700 and 800. It's a lot roomier than the case you mention too. For some reason the company you mention makes their cases super narrow front to back.

There are a couple videos on YouTube that show the 600T at Computex. They fit in a 5970 with room to spare.

I have the 300 case (bought it for $25 on salle until the 600T comes out) and the 700D. I have two 600T cases on order to replace both of these cases. The 600T will have a ton more room than the 300. Just look at the dimensions. I am having a very hard time with the 300 case due to its lenght front to back. So cramped that I didn't install my H70 or AirFlow fans.

The 700D is just a little too big for what I need and I would rather have two cases that are the same. But I will make the final decision on teh 600T vs the 700D when I get it. I use that system as a server and have 7 hard drives in it. Will see if that all fits in the 600T well due to al the cables.

Will see if that all fits in the 600T well due to al the cables.

I can only speak for myself, but after having 2 bigtowers and now the 800D, i will never, ever, go back to a mid-tower or small Big-tower case again.

If you are in doubt that your parts will fit i would go for the roomier case to be sure.

You will be able to build yourself a much cleaner system with improved airflow and easier access if you get into trouble and need to open it up to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the input.

I love the styling of the 600T, the lines are much softer then the 800D. The fact it it has a front fan so the air flow is more traditional. I have little need for all of those 5" bays which is why I was re-considering a smaller case.

With that said you do raise a valid point, my current mid tower case is cramped and because of that air flow is being impacted (even though I'm using a H50). My current case has no cable management so the extra cables are stuffed in one of the empty drive base.

The 800D has room to grow, no question How much will I leverage that extra space? I have no idea.

Then of course is the issue of instant gratification, i.e., getting the case next week at my local microcenter store versus waiting until next month, late next month at that for the 600T.

While the 800D is not perfect, its short comings are well known now at this point. The 600T is a bit of an unknown since its an unreleased product.

Sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into the 800D ;)

Decisions, decisions. Corsair isn't making it any easy, especially with the late September release of the 600t.

Even though i personally prefer the looks of the 800D over the 600T and i am extremely happy with it, there are other brands cases similar to the 600T, shape and front fan, but bigger size.............

Even more choices to consider, lol

But if you only consider the 800D and the 600T, i can only reccomend the 800D based on my own experience.

Yes it needs a few more fans and such, but it is a great case. I run 2 GTX 480's in mine and have no problem with heat, idles around 45 degrees C and around 85 degrees C under load, temps improved a bit with the high flow bracket from evga.

Good luck with your choice !!

I just purchased an 800D with a H50, and am very pleased with the overall look of the case. I have never been a fan of soft lines or rounded looking case designs personally, and the 800D just has a ... monolithic quality about it, that I can't get enough of... after seeing so many varied and stylized cases. (Former HAF932 owner)

CPU: i7 920 D0 @ 3.6ghz, idles at 33c - 40c, 70c under 100% load

GPU: ATI HD4870 with aftermarket air cooler, idles at 38-40c, 57-60c under 100% load

I'll be getting a few 1850rpm Gentle Typhoons to add to the mix and get a Push / Pull going on the H50. Can't wait.

As far as your decision goes, tinkering with the case is amazingly fun. I almost feel like I have elbow room to work with when reaching around inside lol. Although it does look like the 600T has similar qualities as far as organization goes, after having the room that the 800D offers I can't even go back to a smaller case again.

I haven't had a single issue with my 800D sofar, air cooling temps went up slightly since the move from my HAF932, obviously. But my H50 put an end to that issue, a long with a few well placed fans. Although, the case could have had optional casters to replace the rubber feet. It is a highly immobile computer at this point lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to go with the 600T over the 800D because the later wouldn't fit under my desk. My one concern with the 600T is with my EVGA X58 FTW3 and the heatsink between the CPU and back of the case. I am hoping the H70 cooler I purchased will fit in without having to stick a fan on the outside.

The big advantage of the 800D is you can get it now, and wouldn't have a complete system sitting in their boxes still shrink wrapped waiting to be put in a case... painful!

I decided to go with the 600T over the 800D because the later wouldn't fit under my desk. My one concern with the 600T is with my EVGA X58 FTW3 and the heatsink between the CPU and back of the case. I am hoping the H70 cooler I purchased will fit in without having to stick a fan on the outside.

The big advantage of the 800D is you can get it now, and wouldn't have a complete system sitting in their boxes still shrink wrapped waiting to be put in a case... painful!

600T is in stock at Newegg. Mine will be delivered Monday.

Archived