Corsair Community

Fix For H80i/H100i LED Cold Boot LED Bug

OFarrell86

So after updating to the latest Corsair link *2.6.5214* the LED's on my unit would reset to an odd colour, So instead of red it would go a rose coloured pink.

So I decided to experiment a little :D:

So far it seems it's only effecting people who update from 1.05 to 1.07 but units that ship with 1.07 appear to be unaffected.

Now this is a problem related to the firmware version 1.07 which is built into the latest release.

I have tested this on 3 different H100i's and all behave the same when updated from 1.05 to 1.07.

The fix is actually quite simple, Uninstall all link software and download the older *2.4.5110* link version which allows for manual firmware updates.

Once you have it downloaded and installed you want to download firmware version 1.05, Update/rollback the firmware to 1.05 from 1.07 and once done your LED's shouldn't change upon a cold boot anymore.

****Please download in Firefox or Chrome, Internet Explorer for some reason saves it as a .php file instead of a .zip/.rar file****

Corsair Link - 2.4.5110 - http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/drivers/link/Corsair-Link-Installer-RC-v2-4-5110.exe

H80i 1.05 - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12219&d=1361765933

H100i 1.05 - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12220&d=1361765948

Installation -

1. Uninstall Corsair Link.

2. Reboot.

3. Install Corsair Link Version 2.4.5110.

4. Flash your H80i/H100i to 1.05 *sierra2.bootloader has stopped working* will appear once the progress bar gets to 100% but don't worry this is normal.

5. Re-launch Corsair Link and set your desired color i.e Red, Green, Blue etc.....

6. Fully shut down your rig and wait about 60 seconds.

7. Boot up and after about 5 seconds the CPU block LED will change from white to your previously selected colour.

Hope this helps :):

CAN CONFIRM THIS DOES WORK

I have been dealing with this exact problem since I installed my h100i and corsair link automatically updated the software to 1.07 (I am assuming it came pre-flashed with 1.04 or 1.05).

After a solid 7 full shut down tests, I can say that this in fact will work if you do the following:

1.) Uninstall your current version of Corsair Link (I was using 2.6.5214)

*you may also want to uninstall your profile and set your led to full white

2.) Shut down time, make sure that crap is off your computer

3.) Assuming you already downloaded those handy dandy versions linked by OFarrell86 its time to install

4.) Flash your h100i back to 1.05 (I always get a sierra2.bootloader has stopped working, wait till it says to close, your led should dim and go full white)

5.) Set your desired color (like red).

6.) Full shut down time (pray you need not rma)

7.) Awh Yiss! It should have booted full white on post and turned into your proper desired color

8.) Setup a profile save your fan settings (unfortunately quiet mode is weird for me so I set my rpm to 1000 ~it fluctuates by itself based on cpu temps from what i've noticed)

9.) Thank OFarrell86 :D I was about to rip the h100i out of my case until i stumbled upon this post by accident through google

Glad every ones got it working again, unfortunately for me I just can't seem to get the firmware zip to download, on left clicking the H100i 1.05 link above I just get asked the following "Do you want to open or save attachment.php (20.6 KB) from forum Corsair.com.

Confused as a nute, is any one else not getting the zip file but only the attachment php file?

Glad every ones got it working again, unfortunately for me I just can't seem to get the firmware zip to download, on left clicking the H100i 1.05 link above I just get asked the following "Do you want to open or save attachment.php (20.6 KB) from forum Corsair.com.

Confused as a nute, is any one else not getting the zip file but only the attachment php file?

Which browser are you using ?

Because I just left clicked and downloaded all files as normal with Firefox, No .PHP files in sight.

Which browser are you using ?

Because I just left clicked and downloaded all files as normal with Firefox, No .PHP files in sight.

internet explorer, I'll give Firefox a try then.

Edit:

Ok, just used firefox and hey presto, zip file, have installed, reset colour to what I want and did a cold boot, magically the colour now goes to mine. Very happy, thanks a lot man, that was very much appreciated. What would we do without people like you??? cheers buddy.

internet explorer, I'll give Firefox a try then.

Edit:

Ok, just used firefox and hey presto, zip file, have installed, reset colour to what I want and did a cold boot, magically the colour now goes to mine. Very happy, thanks a lot man, that was very much appreciated. What would we do without people like you??? cheers buddy.

Your very welcome, I'll add firefox to the suggested software in the opening post :)

So far it seems it's only effecting people who update from 1.05 to 1.07 but units that ship with 1.07 appear to be unaffected.

Nothing new have posted this numerous times starting back in February, however this part of your post is new. So their new units do not experience this problem. Bet with the class of this company if their new hardware can run the new link software they will just forget about all us with older.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=697448&postcount=9

Regards

Hello,

Great post! Glad to see I'm not the only one with this irritating problem -_-, also glad to see that there is a fix!

But before I try this I am curious about 1 thing. After I preform everything will I be able to switch back to Corsair Link v2.6.5214?

Thanks for the effort ofarrell86, but for me it didn't work. I didn't even have the link software installed when my LED began playing up. When I set white it just flashes pink, and I can also not set green. The LED' must have burnt out. I've tried all versions of FW to no avail. Guess it's time to RMA.......again.....sigh. Might just get a refund and go for a good air cooler.

Cheers anywho

I found an easier fix for my H80i cold boot bug led colour.

I have Windows 8.1 x64.

I bought my H80i, installed corsair link 2.5.5146 and automatically updated my H80i firmware to 1.0.7

Then i found this bug.

I though about it and it seem it wouldn't be able to save the 0 values on RED and Blue led (i actually set my LED to only green ).

The solution is:

Never set a led value to 0.

To get GREEN LED set like this:

RED: 1 or 2

GREEN: 255

BLUE: 1 or 2

To get RED LED set:

RED: 255

GREEN: 1 or 2

Now you understood and you can also get Blue led colour.

Try it, and you'll see it will show your desired led colour.

Send here some feedbacks.

Have fun with your H80i fully updated without led colour bug :D

• 2 weeks later...
I found an easier fix for my H80i cold boot bug led colour.

I have Windows 8.1 x64.

I bought my H80i, installed corsair link 2.5.5146 and automatically updated my H80i firmware to 1.0.7

Then i found this bug.

I though about it and it seem it wouldn't be able to save the 0 values on RED and Blue led (i actually set my LED to only green ).

The solution is:

Never set a led value to 0.

To get GREEN LED set like this:

RED: 1 or 2

GREEN: 255

To get RED LED set:

RED: 255

GREEN: 1 or 2

Now you understood and you can also get Blue led colour.

Try it, and you'll see it will show your desired led colour.

Send here some feedbacks.

Have fun with your H80i fully updated without led colour bug :D

Confirmed this solution works for the H100i no need to go through firmware and software downgrades.

Had my rig set to red, pink on cold boot. Change of sliders always reset the colour but it would have driven me insane having to reset it each time myself by software.

Confirmed with full disconnect of mains power to unit to let charge dissipate from mainboard and psu.

All Good.

L4ky your a star m8

So after updating to the latest Corsair link *2.6.5214* the LED's on my unit would reset to an odd colour, So instead of red it would go a rose coloured pink.

So I decided to experiment a little :D:

Now this is a problem related to the firmware version 1.07 which is built into the latest release.

I have tested this on 3 different H100i's and all behave the same when updated from 1.05 to 1.07.

The fix is actually quite simple, Uninstall all link software and download the older *2.4.5110* link version which allows for manual firmware updates.

Once you have it downloaded and installed you want to download firmware version 1.05, Update/rollback the firmware to 1.05 from 1.07 and once done your LED's shouldn't change upon a cold boot anymore.

****Please download in Firefox or Chrome, Internet Explorer for some reason saves it as a .php file instead of a .zip/.rar file****

Corsair Link - 2.4.5110 - http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/drivers/link/Corsair-Link-Installer-RC-v2-4-5110.exe

H80i 1.05 - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12219&d=1361765933

H100i 1.05 - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12220&d=1361765948

Installation -

1. Uninstall Corsair Link.

2. Reboot.

3. Install Corsair Link Version 2.4.5110.

4. Flash your H80i/H100i to 1.05 *sierra2.bootloader has stopped working* will appear once the progress bar gets to 100% but don't worry this is normal.

5. Re-launch Corsair Link and set your desired color i.e Red, Green, Blue etc.....

6. Fully shut down your rig and wait about 60 seconds.

7. Boot up and after about 5 seconds the CPU block LED will change from white to your previously selected colour.

Hope this helps :):

This worked for me, thank you very much.

• 4 months later...
Hi,

Im unable to download the h80i's v1.05

it says that I dont have any permission to access the page.

is this link not working anymore? or did I miss anything when registering?

thanks

This^ seriously I've tried 3 browsers. I've tried clicking link. I've tried right click save. All browsers seem to be saving as .php or html. Even my beloved Firefox. Nothing seems to be working. Tried a Firefox link downloader extension. Still nothing. Help would be greatly appreciate, thanks. :linksucks Lol

Hi,

Im unable to download the h80i's v1.05

it says that I dont have any permission to access the page.

is this link not working anymore? or did I miss anything when registering?

thanks

Hey, I can't help with the H100i, but here is the h80i's 1.0.5 firmware! You will, of course, need to unzip this file. Were you able to get the older version of Corsair Link downloaded? I can upload that too, if needed.

Also, if that attachment doesn't work, here's a dropbox link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22769708/H80i_v1.0.5.zip

H80i_v1.0.5.zip

Archived