Corsair Community

F115 Issues

GaMEChld

I have a F115 ssd that was suddenly exhibiting a lot of BSOD's and crashing. I ran check disk and the resulting scan eventually stopped with the report of "The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters."

Is the drive bad? Or is this some known issue that can be fixed with a firmware update? Bad clusters are a physical issue, not a software issue, correct?

Clusters are mainly a software thing.

Open up CrystalDiskInfo and check the 05 value, retired block count. If the raw value is still zero then your disk is still physically sound.

How much spare space does the drive have? I would just empty up some of the drive and try check disk again. Also try:

sfc /scannow

If that doesn't work then backup your drive and secure erase it, which will reset all the blocks.

Drive isn't really stable enough to run sfc with it booted, and it also froze on check disk when connected to another computer. Drive has 72GB free, 34.5GB used.

I'll check Crystal and report back.

Can SFC be run on that drive while it is connected to a different computer? perhaps using command prompt and proper parameters to specify the drive letter?

Yep, bsod when trying to SFC it as the boot drive. And Crystal said the firmware was 2.1a, which sounds current. Next step may be secure erase, unless someone else has some ideas. And in that case, should I even bother backing up? I would suspect the errors are in the software somewhere.

Archived