Corsair Community

650D case feet

thenosbod

I have had to replace the feet on my case as they cracked.

Used some alloy box section and some screw on rubber pads (the original pads came unstuck during the original build process).

The case now stands about 20mm further from the floor which I think gives better air flow to the bottom mounted PSU.

Thank you! Even a crude drawing will go a long way toward making it easier to understand what you did. I bought a spare set of feet since I've seen reports of them breaking but it would be nice to have a Plan B in place.

Btw, I also have an antique phone without a camera—an old Oystr—and will keep using it as long as I'm still on my present plan or the thing finally dies (I have to keep it turned off unless I'm actually using it).

I actually need to come up with something to raise my 750D without looking like ****

I don't blame you for not wanting something on your case that looks like it could make crops grow better. ;):

If you don't need to raise it very much, say no more than 1/2", you could replace the rubber and plastic pads on the stock feet with a wood, plastic, or metal block made to fit inside the little recess the pads fit into. The stock feet are secured with a short 6-32 in a recessed well under the pads. The easiest way to secure the blocks to the feet would be to run long counter sunk 6-32 screw through the block, the feet, and into the case, the cover the screw heads with the original pads using double sided tape (such as 3M mounting tape) since the original adhesive probably won't hold. I would also glue the block into the recess.

Anything much higher than 1/2" would put extra stain on the plastic feet and would look like the bio waste you would spread on lawns to make them green.

Archived