Corsair Community

Corsair Air 540 ** Adding HDD Rack Mod **

bobbl

Purchased an Air 540 (Arctic White) case last week, and was limited by the number of HDD (3.5") bays/slots. The two hot-swap ones are great, but my previous build had 5 drives (which I use for various tasks and projects). So...

I decided to take a 3.5" (3-bay) rack out of an older case that I had sitting around. After I removed the rack, I ground off all the metal that I didn't need. I then painted the rack semi-gloss black to match the paint inside the case. I then mounted it inside the rear compartment just above the SSD modular rack. I used nuts and bold mount the rack, and then painted those after everything was installed.

Wasn't sure if anyone was interested in this or not, but thought I'd share it here none the less.

406306720_CorsairAir540HDModB.thumb.jpg.d953750e875862ab2e8df1458574724c.jpg

• 2 years later...
Purchased an Air 540 (Arctic White) case last week, and was limited by the number of HDD (3.5") bays/slots. The two hot-swap ones are great, but my previous build had 5 drives (which I use for various tasks and projects). So...

I decided to take a 3.5" (3-bay) rack out of an older case that I had sitting around. After I removed the rack, I ground off all the metal that I didn't need. I then painted the rack semi-gloss black to match the paint inside the case. I then mounted it inside the rear compartment just above the SSD modular rack. I used nuts and bold mount the rack, and then painted those after everything was installed.

Wasn't sure if anyone was interested in this or not, but thought I'd share it here none the less.

Would you be so kind to take more pictures of this work, looks fantastic and I will need to do it at some point. How did you support the weight of the drives? It's just screwed through the back wall of the case?

Archived