Corsair Community

Corsair Vengence works in one mobo, but not another

scottlindner

I have an odd situation that is really bugging me. I have 4 sticks of 8GB of Corsair Vengence in a server and one of the sticks fails Memtest86+ very quickly. I did many tests to isolate this one stick, and tried the stick in multiple slots to ensure it was the stick and not something specific to the motherboard or system configuration. After identifying the bad stick, I let Memtest86+ run over a full day on the 3 sticks of 8GB and it was flawless. So I tested the bad stick in another system and it passed.

I tried detuning the system it fails in to see if I could get it to work. I significantly underclocked it, cranked up the CAS latency, and even slowly tweaked up the voltage to see if I could get a passing run.

Now I don't know what to do. Will Corsair service a warranty claim on this even though I can demonstrate it working in one system but failing in another?

Thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Scott

Never-mind that question. I asked Google and it gave me an answer pretty quickly. :)

Unfortunately my specific motherboard isn't listed, but others with the same chipset and manufacturer are. Bugger.

you can call corsair and explain that you bought them at a reputable vendor that showed they were compatible and they may honor an exchange

they have been known to be quite lenient,least worth a call...

Archived