Corsair Community

Corsair ram 8gig and Viper Patriot Ram 4gig

Casperjax80

Hello all!

I may sound like a noobie here however, I just bought the viper partriot ram 4gig DDr4 2133MHZ and I have the corsair 8 gig ram. I run windows 10 and I am curious if these 2 are compatible with one another? Thank you! Praying they are! Then i will be up to 12 gigs if possible. Thank you again for any help! :o:

Typically the common wisdom is you don't want to mix different ram types. But this also depends on the type of computer as well. For example I seen mixed ram capacity and brands with name brand Laptops and AIO's purchased from stores (6GB variants and such), typically those are SODIMMS so it certainly is possible at least in certain scenarios.

For typical computer motherboards my advice would be to not mix them together unless the motherboard manual states it supports that specifically. Generally speaking it may work if each ram set is in their own memory banks and if the motherboard supports it. Perhaps someone has better information in this area than I.

If you do manage to get it to work run memtest86 and some stress test software to verify stability.

Archived