Corsair Community

CPU Cooler Orientation 800D

jgarcia

I have 3 main questions followed eventually by some sub topics.

1. Mounting position of my Noctua DH-14?( Bottom to Top / Front to Back )

2. Rear fan Intake or Exhaust? ( Yes i know if i mount my Noctua front to back that the answer to this question is pointless. )

3. Fan bearing types suited for certain bearing types? I have read that sleeve bareing fans have shorter lifespans when mounted horizontal. can anyone elaborate on this?

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad13/jessmanuelgarcia/untitled-3.jpg?t=1285264606

I prefer to exhaust hot air out the rear of the case when possible, but main problem I see here is not enough cool air intake, so rear intake may be the best solution here. Also could suggest either front intake fan installed in lower 3 front bays and/or maybe intake fan in the forward top fan location rather than exhaust. Other ideas involve modding case to install side intake fan(s). Fans are cheap, buy good ones and replace them if they wear out.

I have 3 main questions followed eventually by some sub topics.

1. Mounting position of my Noctua DH-14?( Bottom to Top / Front to Back )

2. Rear fan Intake or Exhaust? ( Yes i know if i mount my Noctua front to back that the answer to this question is pointless. )

3. Fan bearing types suited for certain bearing types? I have read that sleeve bareing fans have shorter lifespans when mounted horizontal. can anyone elaborate on this?

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad13/jessmanuelgarcia/untitled-3.jpg?t=1285264606

I've got the 3 Fans up top setup as Exhaust that includes the H50 which I have setup right up top. Rear 120mm fan as Intake, Front fan Intake, Bottom 140mm fan intake, and put a 120mm under the 140 as intake, and lower HD area as intake, removed that plastic part in there, running also x2 80mm fans up top airflow seems good.

Archived