Corsair Community

Voyager 64GB flash suddenly inaccessible but the light keeps blinking

sager

My 64GB flash drive suddenly stopped working today. Sometimes it shows up as a drive, sometimes it shows up simply as "FAT32". No matter how it appears when it is plugged in, it is inaccessible. Sometimes the partition will appear in "My Computer" and will indicate how full the drive is, but when I try to open the drive there are no files listed. Meanwhile, the entire time that it is inserted in a USB port, the blue light blinks continuously, as if the drive is being accessed continuously.

When I first insert it, Windows prompts with the option to scan the drive for errors or to continue anyway. Everytime I have tried to scan the drive, Windows reports it is unable to access the drive.

The drive will appear in the device manager and the Properties indicate it is working normally. But clearly it is not.

In case it is at all related: I did have some problems with Windows Explorer crashing on me today, which was unusual.

I have lots of data on the drive that I would like to access. The fact that the partition appears (sometimes) makes me think that the data is still there.

How can I get the drive working again? failing that, is there any hope for getting the data off the drive? I have never had a problem with a flash drive before this incident and I have had this drive for probably just under a year.

It does the same thing in another computer.

This day and age, I can't believe that that is the only diagnostic and that there is no recourse to try to recover the data. Any other suggestions?

Archived