Corsair Community

K95 RGB CHERRY MX Red (CH-9000220-NA) Discontinued?

Leryn

Hello.

I was wondering if a Corsair employee might be able to confirm whether the above-listed model keyboard has been discontinued or not by Corsair in favour of the current Platinum 6 G-keys version. On the Corsair website, the 18 G-keys version is still listed for $249 CAD with an option to be notified when back in stock. All other online retailers list it as unavailable/out of stock/discontinued. I would very much like to buy the 18 G-keys version if possible instead of the newer 6 G-key model.

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. So here's what I was able to find out!

I called Corsair and the agent on the phone said one of the models did not yet show as inactive, but selling as refurbished. The model I asked about was CH-9000519-NA which is not in stock on the Corsair website as of today, even though it’s listed there as selling as refurbished.

I also did a live chat through the Corsair website and asked about the following 3 models: CH-9000220-NA, CH-9000082-NA and CH-9000519-NA. All of these models (and one other I forgot to ask about CH-9000060-NA) are K95 RGBs with Cherry red switches and 18 macro keys (G-keys). The Corsair live chat agent was extremely helpful and informed me that all 3 of these model keyboards (CH-9000220-NA, CH-9000082-NA and CH-9000519-NA) show up as inactive in the Corsair system, meaning that new ones are no longer being manufactured. So even though for the CH-9000220-NA there’s an option to be notified when back in stock on the Corsair website, that’s probably just a bug that hasn’t been updated.

For those wondering about the differences between the CHs, here’s what I was able to find out:

CH-9000082-NA is the old model and the logo on the top centre of the keyboard is Corsair's gaming logo and to its right it says "Corsair Gaming".

CH-9000220-NA is the newer model and the logo on the top centre of the keyboard is Corsair's sail and to its right it says "Corsair”.

CH-9000082-NA and CH-9000220-NA are identical besides the logo difference.

CH-9000060-NA is a Limited Edition version (not sure what it had different). The logo on the top centre of the keyboard is Corsair's sail and to its right it says "Corsair”.

CH-9000519-NA is one more model and the logo on the top centre of the keyboard is Corsair's sail and to its right it says "Corsair”.

I assume the order of production for the K95 RGB 18 Macros with Cherry reds went like this: CH-9000060-NA > CH-9000082-NA > CH-9000220-NA > CH-9000519-NA.

I asked, just in case, whether Corsair plans to make any more 18 macro key keyboard models in the future, but as I expected, this could not be confirmed. But I tried!

I hope that this post will be helpful to anyone scouring the net like me like mad trying to still find one of these babies! The news is indeed very very sad. Horribly sad actually :`(

Archived