Corsair Community

Link not showing CPU temps

so_nano

Hi,

Corsair Link 4 only showing GPU temp and H80i GT temp, fan speed and pump speed. It's not showing the CPU temp or any of the other 9 fans that I have installed (not including the H80i's own two fans).

My new build is only a couple of weeks old. One of the first pieces of software that I installed was Corsair Link 4. It was running fine i.e. showing all the temps and fan speeds etc. I then installed some other software MSI Afterburner, FRAPS, CPUz and a couple of other things (don't remember).

I'm nor sure which happened first, Corsair Link started not working properly or updating to 4.2.3.41, either way, I uninstalled MSI Afterburner and the other programmes, as I thought there may be a compatibility issue - no luck.

I've also tried disconnecting the H80i from motherboard (10mins) i.e. CPU fan header and USB header.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the CL software a number of times.

Any thoughts on what the issue may be?

There is now CL 4.2.4.25, so you could try that. It would also be worth checking the log files in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\.

It would be easier to know what CL reported if you attached the CL [Home] tab screen shot to the post.

I develop SIV and could tell far more if you also attached screen shots of the SIV initial screen and [status] panel.

I'm sorry, and thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, my internet is on the fritz - can't even upload a pic. Will keep trying though.

When I try and update through CL, it says that the latest version is installed - 4.2.3.41

What is SIV? Do i need to download it from somewhere?

1. I'm sorry, and thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, my internet is on the fritz - can't even upload a pic. Will keep trying though.
  2. When I try and update through CL, it says that the latest version is installed - 4.2.3.41
  3. What is SIV? Do i need to download it from somewhere?

1. Why not, maybe http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 will help you.
  2. Well it's wrong, CL 4.2.4.25 has just been released
  3. If you can't figure this out then I can't help you.

hehehe people like myself must frustrate you to end...thanks for your patience.

Downloading the new driver as we speak...says it's going to take about 20mins.

Will update once I've tried that.

Cheers

Untitled.thumb.png.fc8d0b55c9cab33d966c94a9a35e1413.png

hehehe people like myself must frustrate you to end.

I feel many should ask Google before replying to my posts.

One thing that does really frustrate me is CL4 failing to display it's version number :mad:.

Looking at the CL4 screen shot I suspect the CPUID SDK is not working. Do the log files have anything to say about this?

It would also be worth checking the log files in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\.

1. Why not, maybe http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 will help you.
  2. Well it's wrong, CL 4.2.4.25 has just been released
  3. If you can't figure this out then I can't help you.

Okay, took longer than 20...but that's my internet at the moment.

Updated CL - no luck.

Re-installed - no luck

Got your SIV64x up and running. Looks like a nice programme, though I think it would take me a month of research just to figure what half of the stuff that it's reporting is...May just keep it, cause all I was really looking for was a good piece of monitoring software.

130824505_SIVMainPage.thumb.png.18cf16d09a8fbb7a612b094981466cbf.png

133788105_SIVStatusPage.thumb.png.2c9183920c19eb1b860940577b43de57.png

I feel many should ask Google before replying to my posts.

One thing that does really frustrate me is CL4 failing to display it's version number :mad:.

Looking at the CL4 screen shot I suspect the CPUID SDK is not working. Do the log files have anything to say about this?

To be honest I'm usually a very good googler - don't know how I'd survive without it lolz!

Anyhoo, here are the log files. I'm afraid they are beyond my capabilities of understanding...

Edit: Can't add the Service Trace Log, as it's 12.2MB

1609860340_ErrorLog.thumb.png.9992cdebfe06f37d38092838d2387420.png

Client Trace Log.pdf

attachment.php?attachmentid=25915&d=1469194750

attachment.php?attachmentid=25917&d=1469195425

May just keep it, cause all I was really looking for was a good piece of monitoring software.

SIV looked to do OK, does it report all the fans? If not I suspect I need to enable EC sensor reporting.

What language are the none ASCII characters in in the computer name?

You may find http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%20to%20Control%20Corsair%20Link%20Hardware.pdf helpful.

Okay so I followed the first couple steps of the guide and selected and saved AIOCTL and -SINGL. After exiting, restarting and going into Link Status I am only seeing my H80i GT.

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i63.tinypic.com/ndo4zb.png[/img]

I've attached Log file that you wanted.

I had a quick look, but it's really the Corsair CL4 developers that need to look at this. From what I can see the CPUID SDK is not working, but I have no idea as to why.

If you look at the SIV Menu->Windows->Services->Driver Control is there a cpuz139 service? It may well be right at the end.

Okay, so from what I can tell SIV isn't reporting CHA fans 2&3. There are fans (3-pin) connected to those headers.

I suspect they are reported via the EC (Embedded Controller) so I need to enable EC support. Would you like to help me to do this? Basically you will need to run a SIV Beta and send me a couple of save files.

I had a quick look, but it's really the Corsair CL4 developers that need to look at this. From what I can see the CPUID SDK is not working, but I have no idea as to why.

Okay, I understand that it is the CL4 developer's responsibility. I will see if I can get them to help sort out what the problem is, though I'm not very hopeful. That said, and like I mentioned before, I'm really only after monitoring software and I think SIV will suffice.

As per what I was expecting to see...when I first installed CL4 it showed all of my case fans, my CPU, my SSD and HDD etc etc. The hardware that I have installed is listed in the "My PC Specs" tab. I think you should be able to see it.

If you look at the SIV Menu->Windows->Services->Driver Control is there a cpuz139 service? It may well be right at the end.

I found cpuz139...

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i63.tinypic.com/1zn9zzm.png[/img]

I suspect they are reported via the EC (Embedded Controller) so I need to enable EC support. Would you like to help me to do this? Basically you will need to run a SIV Beta and send me a couple of save files.

I really appreciate the time that you've take to try and help me, so am more than happy to run the beta.

am more than happy to run the beta.

I can hardly read the screen shot, attach full size images to the post. In general http://tinypic.com/ messes up screen shots.

I can see the service is not running, but I have no idea why. If you press the [cpuz139] that screen may say why.

Thank you, try SIV 5.12 Beta-06 or later. To get the Beta do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta and e-mail be the save files so I can check how well the changes worked. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for how to generate them.

I just ran CL 4.2.4.25 on my system and all the CPUID SDK derived information was missing :(:. When I checked the event log it reported that the CPUZ139 service had failed to start as it could not find the driver.

I exited and tried again and all was OK, so it must be a race condition.

Do you see these events in your event log?

attachment.php?attachmentid=25930&stc=1&d=1469277041

827471127_EventLog.thumb.png.b6f8ff8c680749bf3b87ef7c598f5b0c.png

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i65.tinypic.com/qrwto2.png[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i64.tinypic.com/20r8b3n.png[/img]

So, last night I got a BSOD, which worried me. I realised that I hadn't set any restore points or system images, thus I decided to perform a clean install...had to do two actually!

I thought that that may fix my issue...wrong. Anyway, during all the re-installing of software I noticed that the H80i was showing up as an unspecified device.

I then tried to trouble shoot the problem and got an error saying that the H80i needed to be plugged in to a USB 2.0 header to function properly

I checked my motherboard manual to confirm that the CL4 USB cable was plugged into a USB 2.0 header. It was. I then plugged it into another USB 2.0 header and am getting the same result in the Device Manager.

Do you think that this may have something to do with the issue?

It was working when I first installed it into my system, but that was before I updated all the drivers for my motherboard. Perhaps one of those updates could be the root of the problem?

Do you think that this may have something to do with the issue?

No and I have never see an issue with a H80iGT being connected via USB 3 rather than USB 2. Further the H80iGT was working.

I expect your issue is the cpuz139 service failing to start. Have you checked the system event log?

The reason the H80iGT is reported as Unknown is that it is USB Class 255 device. This is as it should be and is not an error.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25936&stc=1&d=1469287048

535489212_H80iGTUSBClass.png.0f3700494ca46970171ff623d0f639f9.png

I think I'm just going to call it a day. After all the reading I've done here, it seems to me that Corsair doesn't want to put the resources into creating a fully functional and error free programme. If they can't be bothered, then nor can I.

I don't know how you do it. By the looks of it, you've invested a lot of time and effort into trying to help people (and Corsair for that matter) with their problems. You're one in a million.

I'm going to set the LED to the colour I want and uninstall the software. I am then going to download SIV64x and use it for monitoring purposes. I am even going to donate a bit of cash.

Thanks for all your help. I really do appreciate it!

Good luck with everything.

Edit: Please don't get your hopes up too high with regards to the donation, as I'm in a third wor....ahem... developing nation.

I'm going to set the LED to the colour I want and uninstall the software.

You don't need to uninstall CL4, just don't have it starting when the system starts. That way if you wish to adjust the LED you can. This is what I do on my system.

Archived