Corsair Community

Any ETA on fixes for the M90 functionality?

Deathfs

Seriously to put out a product that you say is specifically for MMOs and have none of the options actually working is pretty bad if not down right False advertising.

I purchased the M90 because Corsair has a proven track record of putting out quality products. However for once I am sadly dissappointed.. Your software does not work and I have yet to see anywhere on these forums an answer as to an eta of when you are going to fix it.

I bought the M90 expressly because you advertised it as a MMO gaming mouse with 15 buttons. YES it has 15 buttons NO only 7 or 8 of them are recognized...

as for your solution of going in and assigning keys such as 1 to mouse button 1, THIS DOES NOT WORK once in the GAME. any other brilliant ideas?

I am currently playing WoW, BF3, SC2 and hopefully soon D3 and maybe SWTOR. THis was supposed to be the godly gaming mouse and so far it has been a bitter disappointment.

something I have also tried and have not seen suggested that usually works is to set the software to run as an admin in win 7 and sadly even that has not worked.

So now can you please give us an ETA on when these problems are gonna be fixed? or am I returning this mouse and never buying a Corsair product ever again? ( I build 20 to 30 systems a year using Corsair products and if I send this mouse back I will not be using corsair products ever again )

for now I guess I will be going back to my R.A.T. 7 mouse

Yeah discovering that the main feature of this mouse doesn't work is pretty irritating. This is the message I received from corsair tech support after asking them about it.

"The current UI and driver implementation plays macros back over Windows API, giving input to Windows standard input. As a result games using DirectInput or Raw Input , in yourcse is Teamspeak 3, won’t see macro output. This will be fixed by adding option for macro playback over the keyboard or mouse USB interface, available by 12/30."

So hopefully they plan on updating the software for the M90 by the 30th of this month.

that is utterly rediculous... Good thing I have a friend at MaximumPC gonna see if I can have them do an article about this mouse and about how crappy it is upon release...

No disagreement that it *IS* bad, but at the same time... if they fix it when they say they are (The 30th), then really, I'm not going to whine too much. I'm disappointed now as I've been checking Corsair's website for months and had an auto notify from newegg when it was released. Ordered it and got it today, only to find I can't really use it (can't map to TeamSpeak, etc).

BUT... I dunno, I'm a software developer myself and while I find it really... scary that such a thing was missed, the mouse itself so far seems pretty damned nice. Boycotting all Corsair products because of this seems a bit... overkill, but your choice.

Archived