Corsair Community

Corsair, please fix your software soon.

B41T

I'm at my wits end, I've read all over this forum how easy it should be to fix these issues. We paid for your products and deserve answers on these issues and when they're going to be addressed. I doubt you money thieving turds will even read this, but I'm posting it anyway.

1. Corsair Link Software Update Version 4.5.0.55 does NOT control the LED's on both sticks of my Vengeance ram, nor has previous versions. It's mind boggling to even think why on earth you would set the default state of this ram as "blinking". Even more mind boggling that you claim to have fixed it with this latest release of the Corsair Link software, and it is still not fixed.

2. Corsair Link Software Update Version 4.5.0.55 does NOT read the temperature for my Kaby Lake CPU, thereby not able to adjust fan speeds based on such readings. It has been stated ad-nauseam by another forum member here how to fix this and how easy it is to fix. Why does your team not take swift action to do so?

I've submitted a support ticket, and I'm sure I'll get a cookie cutter bullcrap response that does nothing to solve the problem. I cannot and will not recommend to any of my friends a Corsair product at this time because you guys simply can't seem to get the software aspect of your products correct. You continually ignore input from other people who scream at the top of their lungs about how easy it is to fix these problems and actually take the time to show you the technical details on how to fix them.

Your products look great inside of my PC, and I even have a keyboard and headset from your company that thankfully work as intended. Get your damn act together. People shouldn't have to spend their money and cross their fingers that the product will work.

yeah feel your pain ... I at a point considered corsair the best. This is so unlike them not to support their products properly. Why release a product with a feature set that does not work. I bought these sticks hoping i could get them to be a static white colour. Now i get flashing lights and on top of it random slow flashing of certain sticks. Seems like a rushed product

Should have waited on G.skill

this is my second set btw. First set had a bad stick

Update: I submitted a support ticket on 2/21 (3 days ago). It has not been responded to.

I'm going to have to really start getting the word out there that Corsair products do not work as advertised and that the customer service and response time is lacking woefully. This is how strongly I'm starting to feel about it.

I recently purchased a H100i v2 in January and it was the first Corsair AIO Cooler product I've ever used...it will also be the last Corsair AIO Cooler I ever use.

The software support(or lack thereof) is completely unacceptable. I could not control my fans at all when they were connected directly to the pump and instead have them plugged into my motherboard directly. This is due to the incompatibility with Kaby Lake which has been out for nearly TWO MONTHS now. So basically I have those plugs(which can't be removed either) just dangling unused because of non-existent software support. I can't even take them off either because the cables are built directly into the pump.

What makes users even more frustrated is when a company shows they clearly do not care about their customers when their support staff no longer comment on our issues or at least acknowledge they are aware of the problem(s) we report here. If you're not going to at least somewhat maintain Corsair Link then what's the point? We're paying premium prices for products with half-assed, nearly non-existent software support...which is completely inexcusable from a company the size of Corsair.

I just got off the phone with James at Corsair customer support.

I was told that the LED control is only a beta feature with no official word on when/if there will be support. (even though they claim in the release notes that the issue has been fixed).

I was also told that there is no official word on when/if there will be a fix to support Kaby Lake CPU's.

I'm usually pretty level headed, but I just had to end the call with a "Thank you for nothing" and hang up.

I just got off the phone with James at Corsair customer support.

The support guys are just stuck in the middle and it's the Manager Product Management - DIY Components at Corsair that should have sorted this out long ago.

A URL direct to him isn't allowed, but Google will soon find him is you use the bold text as a search.

https: // http://www.linkedin.com / in / aaron-neal-05b0ab4 /

It's seems like any given amount of hooting and hollering from their customer base is going unanswered anyway. I'm not going to waste my time hunting down the Manager just for him to not listen to me either. They all see what we're typing here, and they really seem to just not give a damn.

I am seriously going to personally crusade against the purchasing of Corsair products for anyone I know is building a new PC at this point.

B41T, I have become a walking anti-advertisement for Corsair. I am in a good place to influence some purchases for high end components. We often put together high end systems for demos and give away's. A couple other people here were looking at some of the Corsair Link components, and talking about how they wanted to incorporate them. I pointed them to Red-Ray's list, and got an email from both of them the next week thanking me for saving them from the scourge known as Corsair Link. It's sad, but Corsair seems more interested in defrauding their customers than delivering on their promises.

B41T, I have become a walking anti-advertisement for Corsair. I am in a good place to influence some purchases for high end components. We often put together high end systems for demos and give away's. A couple other people here were looking at some of the Corsair Link components, and talking about how they wanted to incorporate them. I pointed them to Red-Ray's list, and got an email from both of them the next week thanking me for saving them from the scourge known as Corsair Link. It's sad, but Corsair seems more interested in defrauding their customers than delivering on their promises.

I've been doing the same in all of the tech forums I visit. I'm only keeping it specific to the two corsair products I'm having trouble with though. The common link between the two is corsair link, no pun intended.

I've had no issues with the Corsair Fans I have, nor the keyboard or headset. (Knock on wood)

Archived