Corsair Community

Bringing attention to Corsair disastrous RMA system

physxx

I feel like i should document how terrible the Corsair customer service has been with my most recent product failure, i am almost lost for words with how badly the entire thing has been handled. And as a buyer of many of their products this entire fiasco has put me off corsair for the future and i feel as though i should warn potential customers.

For reference i am a UK customer.

04/10/2017 - My H100iv2 cooler breaks and a ticket "Express RMA request for H100i v2" created. This is a replacement unit for when my h100iv1 broke in May. I Referenced older ticket for my past RMA to show i wouldnt have purchase history.

Day later they respond asking for invoice/receipt. Live chat with support to clear this through and they dump the chat log into the ticket.

3 days later and no response so i bump the ticket. A day later clearly oblivious to everything i said they approve it for a standard RMA.

I respond further explaining the situation. They now tell me i have to call their US only line.

10/10/2017 - After calling they set up a new ticket for an ERMA.

The only way Corsair allow a ERMA is for me to place payment information. Their payment info submission does not work on multiple browsers.

I later recontact support and a new ERMA ticket is created and this time it is possible to enter my payment info. The ERMA is "approved".

15/10/2017 - After 5 days of no update or change in my ticket i call again and am told that they have no European stock for the h100iv2 and that a unit is being shipped from China, expect a delivery in the rough date of 18/10/17.

Writing this as of 17/10/2017 the ticket was still not updated and upon calling corsair again i was given a tracking number and an expected delivery date of 23/10/2017.

The entire ordeal has demonstrated Corsair's absolute lack of competence in handling a european RMA, beyond it taking 2 or so weeks for the ERMA to even be set up, how on earth can this massive company not have stock of their flagship cooler? It would have been well within Corsair's power to ship me a unit they sell on amazon.

By the expected delivery date i would have gone 20 days without a functioning computer for work thanks to a very obvious fault in their AIO pumps (their pumps have failed twice now).

Be warned not to rely on Corsair Support, and i hope others going through an RMA with Corsair have better luck.

Archived