Corsair Community

x128 boots into windows slower but still shows fast in HDTune

scook9

I have an x128 drive which I have loved so far. When I first got it, I was at my desktop within 3 seconds of entering my windows password. Now, I have to wait as much as an entire minute. It is also taking longer to get to the login screen than it used to. My operating system has not changed much at all since I got the drive a about 7 weeks ago. Is there a good way to reclaim this boot speed? The wait kills me knowing what I spent.

What really bugs me though, is that the HDTune results are still 230+ MB/s read speed even though windows is booting so slow. The best speed I got when the drive was "fresh" was 247 MB/s. This small decrease is not what bothers me, but rather the much slower windows boot time.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

And as for OS tweaks, I have indexing turned off, I have superfetch disabled. I also disabled the automatic defrag and have my page file at the minimum size.

I apologize for any confusion this may lead to, but this drive is in my laptop - an Alienware M17x "All Powerful" (the new one) and NOT the system in my sig. The other system specs include a QX9300, 4GB (other brand) 1333 MHz Cas 7 DDR3 Ram and GTX 280m SLI, so I know for a fact that the system is not bottlenecking the ssd. The drive has Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installed. I did a fresh install when I installed the ssd.

Thanks again

Archived