Corsair Community

H100I v2 question

daryl0759

hello, i am new to this, so i have question. i bought the H100I V2 cpu cooler and i have the commander mini. how do you connect the H100I v2 cooler to the commander mini? there is no connection on the commander mini for the usb cable from the cooler to connect to. and i dont see how to use the link cable from the commander mini on the H100I v2 cooler. i have read many post on this subject but i dont fully understand them. could someone help me out with this, or post a pic.

Another question here regarding H100i v2.

I am building a new rig with Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, i5 6500 and H100i v2.

Everything is ok so far, however i would like to know something. On my current rig (signature) with H100i, i am able to control all fan rpm's through Link software, using the good and trusted 2 Y cables included in H100i.

Since H100i v2 included only 1 Y cable, is there any way to control all fans rpm's?

Since H100i v2 included only 1 Y cable, is there any way to control all fans rpm's?

The H100iV2 only has one fan controller which controls both fans. Both run at the same speed, but only one speed is reported.

If you wish to have four fans then you will need to get a 4-way PWM fan splitter similar to http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371185741846

If you power the fan via the H100iV2 the total current needs to be <= 1.0 amps or <= 0.8 amps to be on the safe size.

So, a good working way of controlling 4 fans on your case is gone.

Anyway, the plan is to be able to control all 4 fans in Corsair 100R: 1 X 120mm included fan (do not know if it is pwm fan or not), 1 X Arctic Cooling F12, H100i v2 original fans

Is this the same my friend???

The H100iV2 can only control 4-pin PWM fans.

It looks correct to me.

Archived