Corsair Community

CL4 loses my H100i V2

Sanityfree

When I power on from a cold start or reboot, everything works fine.

After waking the computer from sleep, my H100i V2 status never changes. The temp never goes up when running prime95, the fan and pump speeds never change, the LED is white even though the CL4 shows it to be green. Changing settings for the LED has no effect. I know the fan is still ramping as it should, cuz I can hear the "Quiet" fans quite clearly.

Closing and reopening CL4 results in the H100i not being detected at all. At that point, the only way to get everything working correctly again is to reboot.

Any help?

Yes. And I heard something slow down when I enabled it. Got a loud fan running in there. Gotta track it down and shut it up. I think it's the stock exhaust fan that came with the case, but that's another story anyway.

EDIT: While we're at it, is there any way to figure out where these temp sensors that show up in CL4 are actually at? I get 3 temp readings that appear to be tied to 3 sysfans, but I have no idea where these readings are being taken. After an hour of Elite: Dangerous followed by half an hour of idle time, I'm seeing 23C, 53C, and 35C, but I have no way of telling where these temps are found in the case.

EDIT AGAIN: I just keep finding stuff! For whatever reason, fans 2 and 3 are reporting an operating range of 130 RPM (fan 2) and 22 RPM (fan 3). What the what? Especially considering sysfan3 header is empty...

Yes.

OK, I expect it's a bug in the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device Driver. Given a disable/enable get's it working again then I suspect the driver does not correctly handle power transitions. Log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and ask if this is a know issue. If not report it and ask for it to be fixed.

If you wish me to comment on what CL4 reports attach the CL4 [Home] tab screen shot .PNG file.

Yeah, this is a much bigger problem than I realized. With the CL4 not detecting hardware correctly, the fans aren't responding to temperature at all. After disabling/enabling the driver again, the temperature reading jumped 5C and the fans revved up immediately. Just gotta wait 2 freaking hours for customer service to open.

After disabling/enabling the driver again, the temperature reading jumped 5C and the fans revved up immediately.

I have worked as a Windows KMDF/WDM driver developer for many years and I am now 99% sure it's a bug in the driver processing of power transitions. I have suspected there is an issue with this for several months, but as I have little belief that Corsair can/will fix it I implemented a work around in my code, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=857462.

I doubt you will get a sensible answer Corsair support, please post what they have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
After much troubleshooting, they recommend I return the unit to the retailer. I haven't tried yet because I don't think they'll let me, as I had to remove the UPC for a rebate offer. I expect I'll have to learn to live with turning my PC off when I'm done with it. Next build may have a custom loop in it.

Archived