Corsair Community

Problem with CX 500 even after a replacement

ca_saurabh

I have had a bad experience with Corsair power supplies. At the time of assembling my system, i initially ordered Corsair VS 550 but it was dead on arrival, so i returned it.

Next i bought Corsair CX 500 and it was running fine until 4 months or so after which it stopped from booting my system. It used to power up, all fans used to spin but my system didn't gave even the POST beep. After digging out that it was the SMPS, I got a replacement.

Now with the replacement unit, all worked fine for a month or so after which it developed an issue which is still persistent. The issue is that when i power on the system , everything seems fine, passes the POST beep and then shuts down. but it boots after I power it on for the second time. This happens every single time and basically i have to power on my system twice to get it booted.

Things I have tried :-

1. Resetting all the power connections

2. Resetting BIOS

3. Resetting RAM

Nothing seem to work.

Now with the corsair service

I live in Sagar (Madhya Pradesh) in India. they only have one Kaizen service center and that is in Indore which is around 400 kms from my place.

So the process of my first replacement was as under :-

1. I couriered the product to Indore Service Center (Costing me 400 INR for a power supply of INR 4000, i.e. 10% of the cost of SMPS). It took around 3 days to reach Indore.

2. Next they forwarded the SMPS to Bengaluru (HO) to process the replacement, another 7 days down.

3. Lastly they courier me the SMPS back taking around 3 days again.

So basically it takes around 2 weeks for the complete process and not to forget that it costs me 10% of the cost of the SMPS.

I got Corsair SMPS considering the promise of High quality product but i am really disappointed now. It is the second time i have to go through the whole process of replacement and this is my primary machine of my work, so that means my work is gonna suffer for another 2 weeks. and again i have to bear the 400 INR courier charges for a product of worth 4000 INR. Really frustrating.

Archived