Corsair Community

compatibility?

duckyduck

bought some of your Corsair 1GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS2.5 Kit, when i put them in my computer just freezes after start up. My MB is Mirco-Star / MS-6701. Will i have to buy a new MB for them to work? if so which MB could you recommend me please? thanks very much.

Well is your pc of the medion brand ? ALdi pc as they call it here in Belgium equipped with an Intel 2.66ghz CPU ? If you place only one Dimm in the slot does it boot then ? Can you access the bios then ? Are there any settings in the bios to adjust Dram speeed (CAS latency, voltage,...) It might well be that a bios update can help you out, try to find one at the medion site. According the manual it says the mobo accepts single as double sides memory modules up to a gig per dimm so it should work bu tI think it will be a setting problem. Have you tried resetting the bios ?

Yeh its of the Medion brand. And its equipped with an Intel 2.66ghz processor. I can't seem to find a BIOS update for my MB anywhere, i've looked for at least 3 hours now and still no luck :confused: . The ms-6701 model seems to be nearly unheard of and im pretty sure there are no updates for it. I haven't yet tried what you've suggested with the RAM but i will tomorrow afternoon, i'll post back what happens. Thanks for the help and if anyone knows where i can find a Phoenix Technologies, LTD(v.6.00PG) BIOS update please please tell me, thanks very much once again for your help.

the bios file will be on the medion site dude,( http://www.medion.com/ ) you have to type in the modelnr or something to gain acces to the site, then you search for your product and if there are any bios updates available they will be there. Good luck

the medion website doesn't have the BIOS driver for me. Though i heard somewhere on the internet in a german forum that the ms-6701 is also called an MD-5000. does anyone know if this is true, my germans not too good and had to get google to translate the page. The medion website does have a BIOS driver for the MD-5000 but not for the ms-6701.

Well that must be it, or I will verify for you pm the number required to find the bios update, indeed the modelnumer of the rig is MD5000 so the bios must be that one. The mobo is an OEM for MEdion pc's or Life pc's and that modelbrand is used in the MD5000 series go go go keep us posted if it helped :p:

Archived