Corsair Community

Commander Pro vs. Lighting Node Pro

whuber97

Hi,

Something I'm confused about with the launch of the commander pro, that hopefully someone here can provide clarity on:

Does the commander pro have full lighting node pro capabilities, or is there still a reason why you would want both?

In my situation I have a lighting node pro that is controlling 6x SP120 fans on LED channel 1 and 4 RGB light strips on LED channel 2. My actual fans are wired to and controlled by the motherboard fan headers and its corresponding software. What bothers me about this is the motherboard software doesn't allow me to increase the speed of my fans when, let's say the GPU hits a certain temperature - it only responds to CPU temperatures.

With the commander pro I could wire all my fans to the commander pro and have their profiles set to respond to GPU (or any thermal sensor in the case). The question though is do I remove the LNP then from this configuration or do they co-exist in some way?

Thanks!

Now there is the CLCP you don't need a CLNP and you can connect all the LED fan LEDs and LED strips to the CLCP.

The only way to get the 4 x LED strips is to get a CLNP which is silly!

You could have both installed, but don't need both and I actually have 2 x CLCP + 1 x CLNP + a lot else.

You may find http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168504 of interest

Archived