Corsair Community

Retail SP120 PWM HP Dont Run at 2350RPM on H100i

toddnunez94

Im just a little curious. About a month ago, I ordered the regular, non PWM SP120 High performance fans. Without the voltage regulator, they ran ~1600-2350RPM on my H100i. But when I returned them for the PWM versions, they only run at a max of 2050RPM

I currently have 4 SP120 PWM HP fans connected via H100i fan splitters for Push Pull in my 750D. How come they don't go above 2050, when they are rated at 2350RPM?

• 2 weeks later...
We'll all the PWM versions I have RMA'd (if you remember, I said they were faulty) only did 2050RPM. The non PWM ones did 2350

Let me know if you have better luck with your replacements please.

I'm in the process of returning my H100i that couldn't spin the exact same fans (SP120 HP PWM) and I was getting near the same RPMs as you (although after a couple months the RPMs started dropping off more).

Interesting note, the fans max out at the exact same speed (under minimum rating) when plugged into my motherboard and mounted against nothing but the top mounts of my 400R instead of the H100i radiator. Strange.

their tested free flow with no restrictions such as a screen or radiator and have ~150-200 rpm variable difference

Yes they are rated to spin at 2350 RPM +/- 10% (normal obstructions like a radiator are taken into account as they are manufactured and marketed to be used for such applications according to Corsair tech support).

So 10% of 2350 is 235. 2350 - 235 = 2115. 2115 RPM is the lowest they should spin if they are going to perform at the lowest amount of performance Corsair will warranty them to.

Since the OP and myself have fans that perform at less than the bare minimum they are eligible for RMA

Yes they are rated to spin at 2350 RPM +/- 10% (normal obstructions like a radiator are taken into account as they are manufactured and marketed to be used for such applications according to Corsair tech support).

and you found this info where?

and you found this info where?

Allow me to highlight the specific information you are seeking and not reading in my post

So 10% of 2350 is 235. 2350 - 235 = 2115. 2115 RPM is the lowest they should spin if they are going to perform at the lowest amount of performance Corsair will warranty them to.

Since the OP and myself have fans that perform at less than the bare minimum they are eligible for RMA

from ramguy

u?

As I said, the Corsair Tech support agent whom I spoke to about the issue (I cannot remember his name).

Perhaps we should have the Customer Service agents help the Technical Support agents with the hardware specs as it seems they aren't as familiar with them.

actually CS is just mainly to assist customers in most every field,however id think from the technical aspect of products ,, technical support would be more apt to assist regarding things like this...

Excellent point. Technical support would be more knowledgeable.

So since Ram Guy is CS and my info comes from Technical Support, I'd guess we should probably go with the info I have rather than the info you have been given by someone from CS.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told by tech support that the ratings are in non restricted air. This is when my 2700rpm sp120s from my H105 only hit about 2350-2400rpm or 11-14% below spec in standing air. the new ones are a hair better, but not by much.

I ended up ditching them for some 2500rpm deltas that have a full 1.5 mm/h20 more pressure than the 2700rpm SP120s

Excellent point. Technical support would be more knowledgeable.

So since Ram Guy is CS and my info comes from Technical Support, I'd guess we should probably go with the info I have rather than the info you have been given by someone from CS.

Wow. Give yourself a cookie.

Ummm... there are all levels of intelligence (as we've just witnessed) and all levels of competency in people and the same goes for hierarchies within a company. That a person whom you think works in a particular division has absolutely zero to do with what they may know. Chill out, *******.

Sometimes, I find myself actually hating what the Internet has grown into.

Archived