Corsair Community

Partial H80i recognized in Link

Nimsim

Hi guys,

I'm quite honestly struggling here. I gave up a year ago, but now I'm back for more.

The case is I tried hooking up my H80i and it went fine, what didn't though was that Windows 8 didn't recognize the H80i after installing Corsair Link.

No problem, fans were spinning and light was showing up, so I dropped it.

Now the noise the fans make while playing games is driving me mad, so I want to exert some control via Corsair Link, but it just doesn't seem to find my H80..

I've checked Device Manager, and devices in Corsair Link, check pics.

Pictures from DevMgr/CorsairLink

So Corsair Hydro USB shows up, but H80i does not..Haven't seen anyone else with the same problem, but that might just be my Google-Fu.

What am I doing wrong?

Yes I have! Saw thatthat, and it was set at 1 for one of the two profiles.

Which two profiles? It should work and I would need some debug information to comment further. If you exit CL and run my SIV utility what do the [uSB Bus] and [Link Devices] panels report? Post screen shots of them, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665.

Which two profiles? It should work and I would need some debug information to comment further. If you exit CL and run my SIV utility what do the [uSB Bus] and [Link Devices] panels report? Post screen shots of them, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665.

Thanks for the help, I also added Regedit for good measure, what's weird is that I no longer can see the device parameters there:

Here you go!

I think you may have set too many values to zero. On my W10 system I have:

attachment.php?attachmentid=22619&d=1439790622

The I/O error 31 on [uSB Bus] could be because us this. Does it go away if you set you system to match the above and press [Restart]? [uSB Bus] should report Corsair Memory, Inc. Integrated USB Bridge as below.

If so then exit and restart SIV and post all of the [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] panel images.

Then exit SIV, run CL and post what it reports.

Ideally use Manage Attachments to attach/upload the screen/panel images.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23155&stc=1&d=1445764676

1855822769_USBBus.thumb.png.b878d1e3936e64f8b944afdd0413df8d.png

Alrighty, here are the findings.

Looking at [uSB Bus] you are still getting the I/O Error 31, 'till this goes away it will not work. [Link Status] is also showing the error 31.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23156&d=1445779789

Try removing the power from the cooler, just unplug/re-plug the SATA power cable and see if the error 31 goes away. I am wondering if the firmware has crashed and doing this will restart it.

Try a different USB header or USB cable and see if that helps. Try uninstalling the device from Device Manager and then do Find New Hardware. [Link Devices] will automatically update as you do this.

Remember to uncheck EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled and press [Restart].

Well, I think I need to RMA this.

I've got two ports, and I've tested both. No possible way they're both borked. Also tested with the USB-extension for the case in both, and it worked great.

Seems to me the H80i does not report correctly what it is.

Thanks for all the help Red-Ray, appreciate it :o:

Archived