Corsair Community

H50 high temps on a p8p67

Ataxia

Hi

I installed a H50 on an Asus p8p67 yesterday but have a couple of queries/problems if i may.

The main one is the power connections for the pump/fan. At the moment I have the pump plugged into CHA Fan 1, and the fan plugged into CPU Fan.

Is this right because the operating temperatures I am getting are in the low 50 Deg C? Now i know this is within the operating temps but most other people using the same processor/cooler combo have a lot lower temps. At some stage in the near future,, i would like to apply an overclock too, so it would be nice to know it is setup right.

The only other thing I could find that might affect it is the speeds being given to the pump/fan, and was wondering if anyone know what the new bios setting for these should be? It has this new efi bios which is beyond me at the moment lol.

Any help or advice you could give me about this would be most appreciated

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Make sure the fan header of the pump is running flat out !

Check the RPMS :

pump speed should be around 1400ish mark,

fans running maxed at around 1600rpm...(though if you keep it at PWM control setting, the RPM can be lower , thus lowering cooling performance too)

50°C idle seems okayish for my CPUs at 4.6Ghz idle at 1.37Vcore... though there are always better or cooler CPUs out there... for a stock setup either check the RPMS and/or remount the unit...

Hope this helps, I just installed an H60 on a P8P67 Pro. I have the pump plugged into the 3 pin fan header at the top of the board. It is not managed by BIOS and runs full tilt all the time. My temps with a 4.5 GHz OC are running about 32 at idle.

Im currently in a Antex 300, so mind you my temps will chant when i get my real case: Corsair 600t white.

Currently though:

P8p67 pro with i5 2500k o.c. 4.3ghz

push/pull fans on the H50 are both Thermaltake Pure Silence ISGC Fan 12

one fan is plugged into the case fan pin and the other is pwr on mb.

h50 is plugged into cpu pin on mb,

both fans push air in,

all other fans in case push air out,

When initially installed H50 I went hand tight and a tad more, meaning i didn't tightens as mush as i could.

Stopped when normal tighten by hand felt good.

I did return to tighten again after 3 days of pc being on, which did require more tightening.

To test cpu with H50:

Prime95 using Asus suiteII monitor to watch temps.

at idle the cpu sits at 27c

at three hours into prime95 peek was 63c

which I might add was not sustained, only 1 seconds spikes at best.

4.3ghz O.C i5 @ 63c are my results

Im happy til my new case arrives.

Hopes this helps.

Archived