Corsair Community

System randomly Freezes and cant recover (Force 3 120 GB RAID)

JonnieH

Okay so I downloaded some software (SlimDrivers) for you that dont know what it is, it checks up on your hardware drivers and of course its a free program so I dont know how trustworthy this is however it cleared all the drivers updates.

I'm currently running with a SSD Force 3 120gig HDD x2

I have put 2 of these into a RAID and installed my OS on one of the partitions and I got games on the second one if it makes any diffrence.

What I experience is random freezes that locks up my system resulting in a reboot by force (aka pressing the reboot button on the actual pc)

Ive planned to re-install windows however i wanted to come here and ask for advice first.

My computer has worked fine the first couple of days running and after about 4 days of gaming, watching streams/videos and so fourth ive started to encounter this error in wich my computer freezes for about 20 seconds then works for 5 seconds and goes into another freeze basicly I cant do anything, this has happened about 15 times counting yesterday and today.

I'm trying to be very informative of the problem and to add to this it usually freezes as I start up something else, for example I can be on a website and post or watch a movie but when I want to do something else it locks up and I get these freezes. I'll watch a movie/serie for 5-30min and I decide to look something up on the internet or whatnot and thats usually when it happens, the lock. I dont know what else I can add to make this easier to resolve, under my registration I added what kind of specs I got so maybe that has something to do with it

I'd also like to know how I check what Firmware I use, Im guessing its 1.2 if I havent done anyhing with it?

I'm sorry i'm not that into technical aspect so I really cannot add more information, perhaps later when my brother gets home he can add something to this post.

Thanks

I have exactly the same probs. Bought a new computer in beginning of august, equipped

with one Corsair SSD Force 3 120GB and one WD C Black 1TB.

I have my OS (Win7 64 Ultra) on the SSD disk and games on the WD.

Freeze some 20 to 1 min every day (at least 10 times a day) when on the net or just

working from the SSD disk.

Where can I see what firmware I have for that disk?

SPECS:

Corsair Graphite 600T Midi Black

Corsair TX 850W

Msi P67A GD80 B3

A- Kuhler H2O 920 CPU Liquid Cooler

i7 2600K@ OC to 4.3 (Tested in Intel Burntest V2 and Prime95)

Corsair SSD Force 3 120GB

Western D Caviar Black 1TB

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ 16GB

EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX CUDA

Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Burner, AD-7260S

Win7 64 Ultra

EDIT: I just found my version. It was 1.2

I therefore updated the SSD Firmware to 1.3 according to the instruction on this Site.

I will now have a try for some days, weeks and will report back.

/ Leffe

Thanks / Leffe

Archived