Corsair Community

Operating System Recommendations

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't really recommend going with windows 8.1 - A lot of people will cringe at the thought of having windows 8.1 on a PC but it's not that bad of an OS. There are just things in that which can be nitpicking at times.

My personal opinion is that windows 7 is a great OS. One of Microsoft's best accomplishments to date, It's currently the most stable OS built in my opinion and is capable of running all of your hardware, no matter what you have as does Windows 10.

Windows 10 I personally use and I think it's still great. Settings are really easy to navigate through and I have a very small (incredibly minor) quicker boot time than windows 7. Windows 10 will do everything you want it to do and more. One thing I've noticed with windows 10 is that I sometimes crash when playing 1 or 2 games. It happens when I Alt+Tab out of the game and screen goes completely black and usually means having to restart. I'll point out that this does happen in only rare cases for me (Maybe once every other week or so) depending on how much you might (or might not) game. With that being said, Windows 10 is frontier OS at the moment so I'd assume this would be fixed in the near future and not something you should consider to deter yourself away from an OS.

Most of all, it's entirely down to personal preference - you'll be the one using it. Just make sure you're installing a 64bit version.

Archived