Corsair Community

H100i LED not pure red? I get a baby / salmon pink

Jbonnett

Hi All,

Is this a software problem? Or just the kind of LED used? And is there a fix?

It doesn't seem to be a visual illusion (e.g. red on the H100i and blue on the case lights makes and illusion of pink) with the case lights as no matter what color I try the result is the same, unless I turn the case lights all the way down on red, green and blue.

Which tells me it's either insufficient power from my Corsair Commander Mini or the LED / Software isn't as it should be...

I've attached two images that show you what I mean, one of them I'm holding a memory stick with a red LED to give you an example what "maybe" it should be like.

IMG_0977(1).thumb.jpg.4bc9f708a6a500635d2ec476cddd4bbe.jpg

IMG_0973(1).thumb.jpg.9b96f192cfd5f634261bb0e3be23b316.jpg

Any ideas?

Did you set 255,0,0? If you set 255,1,1 is it any better? There is a firmware bug and you need to set 255,1,1 to work-a-round it.

I have tried both with no difference... And I think that fix is to get persistent color not not the color itself.

I have tried both with no difference... And I think that fix is to get persistent color not not the color itself.

OK, does a 128,1,1 rather than a 255,1,1 look any better? I just checked my H100i and it looks much reder than the one in the photo so maybe CL is not setting up the hardware registers correctly. You could exit CL and see if my SIV utility does and better. When you first open the [Link Lights] panel it will report what CL had set the registers to. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21803&stc=1&d=1432454916

H100i.png.b563937579a0d752d136d680d7c62571.png

Ok tried Both with no luck... I print screened it just in case I missed something.

OK. I assume you pressed [Apply]. I wonder if there is a hardware fault or maybe the firmware is in a funny state. What happens for 1,255,1, then 1,1,255 and finally 255,1,1?

BTW You should also extract all the SIV files into a folder rather than run SIV64X.exe from the .ZIP file.

What do you mean by code, something like this? MSI MS-7583. And which voltages am I supposed to be looking at? The H100i ones? General ones?

On the initial page there should be PSU +5.00 +12.00 ... VBAT +3.25 to the left of the fan speeds. These are the PSU voltages reported via the motherboard. The H100i does not report any voltages.

I mean the C code that SIV is written in. Every motherboard uses slightly different scaling to reduce +12 volts as the monitoring chips only allow up to about +2 volts. Further the VIN that is used can also vary, it's usually VIN0, but not always. If these don't look correct then I need to add a few new lines of code for the MSI MS-7583.

No it don't look right, the 12v rail is sticking around 0v, I'm guessing it's the rail you're monitoring. The other values seem good though...

Thank you for your help in fixing this. I have just uploaded SIV 5.01 Beta-07 which reports PSU +4.96 +12.00. I needed to change the SIV code to report the VIN3 input for +12 Volts.

Archived