• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 7 results

1. Hi, I am going to replace my Corsair RM850 (gold) with HX1200 (platinum). My question is, can I just replace the PSU and not replacing the RM850 cables? Can the current cables handle the new PSU? I checked the cable compatibility page but couldn't figure this out. Thanks, Alexa
  2. Hi I have a problem with a Corsair HX1200 The problem is that the PSU runs but it doesn't give a out any power (the fan spins) The RGB at the motherboard does light up but when I press the power button the light turns of and nothing happenes ( the fan on the PSU does spin ) not even the pump or the RGB that is not connected to the motherboard turns on. I tried with shorting the two pins at the PSU but it still gives out nothing.
  3. Like the title says, I'm trying to figure out how many PCiE 8 pin connectors are on this specific power supply: HX Series™ HX1200 — 1200 Watt 80 PLUS® PLATINUM Certified Fully Modular PSU (corsair.com) The product page says 8 total PCiE connectors and it appears there are 2x 6 pin connectors and 6x 8 pin connectors, but the actual PSU is labeled as if there are only 3x 8 pin PCiE and the other 3x 8 pins are CPU. It's my understanding that PCiE and CPU 8 pins aren't interchangeable, hence my confusion. Are those 6x 8 pins actually interchangeable and the cable does a conversion for the correct output? Uh extra context I guess, I'm asking because I need a 12VHPWR cable and I'm trying to figure out if I can get a 4 way connector, or if I have to settle for a 3 way.
  4. Hi All, Have read through a few threads but still a little unsure of best option for powering a 3rd 3080 off of my HX1200. Have attached 2 options that I'm thinking about, I'm thinking that Option A has more power lines running to it so the load is distributed more evenly, although it introduces additional splitters. Option B seems to be possible based on the pig tail cords each being able to support full 150 watts...this is based on previous thread discussion however there seems to be a lot of back n forth. If you had to choose between the 2, what would be considered the better option? (more lines with Molex, or less lines without Molex) Thanks in advance
  5. Hello! I have problems with my HX1200 booting into Windows. The motherboard Asrock Taichi x399 shows error code 62. I got this unit from warranty. The first one that got replaced was having loud bang noises when turned on, but atleast it booted and worked stable. The PSU serial number starts with: 203871, so maybe this is known problem: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201807 But then again, why Corsair would send units with known defects to customers? Is there anything in PSU I could check? I am getting desperate, it is expensive to ship packages and I dont want to wait another 2 months. :(: Thanks, Mikko
  6. Hy everyone. İ have an hx1200i for more than 4 year now. my setup: asus rog strix x99 gaming motherboard i7 6580k 2x r9 290 amd card 4tb seagate hdd 12 fan 2 ddc pump The fırst year i have to set the psu ocp to single chanel to boot correctly but some month ago ı need to connect my pump to another psu and today my psu didnt start if i connect my fan to it curently i use a 300w noname psu tu power my 2 ddc pump and my 12 fan the psu start for less than 1 or 4 second and reboot if the hard drive or fan are connected i also have 18awg sleeved cabel extention i hope someone can help before i buy another psu Thank for all your help.
  7. I just bought a new Corsair HX1200 PSU a few weeks ago and found that recently it has been flickering my computer on and off. I found out because when I was experimenting with the main power cord (3 pin kettle cord), I found that touching it even slightly would shut the computer off, but still leave all the RGB lights on (so it seems its still getting some power?). When I pushed the cord hard into the PSU, the computer turned back on, but as soon as I let go, the computer shut off again. So it seems the cord just can't go in far enough for some reason. I don't want to push in the cord too hard as it could damage the PSU, nor do I want to prop the cord in place with books or tape. How can I fix this? Why is this happening with a brand new PSU? Is it worth while buying a new cord (FYI I am using the cord that came with the PSU).