• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 2 results

1. Been wanting to learn to overclock my current build so I can get it running correctly, started another thread thinking the RAM was the issue but wasn't so I'm thinking it's just not stable but other than using the XMPI/II I don't know almost anything about overclocking as I've never seen the point personally. Thing is the setup for both XMP's sets the RAM to 2666, like I want, but games always eventually lock up the system. I've already tried new ram so now I have 64gb's of ram as faulty hardware isn't the issue, and also a new gpu because we thought that was the problem the first time. I've so far read around online that unstable overclocking can make your computer freeze/lock up and/or BSOD randomly or very often if setup wrong. I figured the XMP files would automatically be alright as it's what the RAM was tested for but maybe not. If anyone has any video's or guides how to do it step by step or if anyone has a similar build or the same exact build! Been tempted to take the ram a little lower and possibly give the CPU a couple steps up for voltage as that can freeze/crash your computer too I'm sure.
  2. I am in dire need of a BIOS downgrade for my 2017 Corsair One™ Pro (CS-9000011-NA). I'm looking for an early version of the BIOS, one that will allow me to manually set the PEG0 - Max Link Speed back to Gen1. I think I was running either version 4.QF or 4.QQ, and that was the last time my system was running consistently well. I understand there have been major security updates in the meantime, but what's the point of security if my $2300 USD computer is not working in the first place? Here's what happened: A week ago, I (finally) decided to do a BIOS update. I have been running the original factory BIOS version since originally receiving it back in 2017. First BIOS update I tried was version E7A66IZ1.4C1 (aka "the Spectre/Meltdown BIOS Update"), and then a few frustrating days later I installed and flashed the current version, 4C3. For the record, I followed all instructions as provided on your forum sticky, and reset the CMOS after each successful update. (Understand that I've been building and fixing PCs since the '486 days, so this isn't my first rodeo. :biggrin: ) Ever since applying the last two BIOS versions, where you invisibly locked the graphic card at Gen2, I've been unable to successfully boot my Pro into Windows without it locking up 4 times out of 5. (At this rate, I fear that I will have to replace the power button.) I'm at my wit's end by this point, since there seems to be no combination of BIOS setting or Windows re-install that will bring me back to stability. If anything, I'd like to just take my system back to its original configuration and pretend none of this ever happened. Note: My Pro is running a clean install off a Windows 10 202H ISO straight from microsoft.com. I've been through a myriad of BIOS settings, starting with the default optimized settings, and I'm still unable to attain the stability I had before the BIOS update. Cold starting the computer will usually result in a lock-up before the OS is even booted, sometimes a spontaneous restart happens where the Pro powers off and then back on, and even if the Windows login screen does appear, it will usually lock up before I can finish punching in my 4 digit PIN number. I recognize this behavior from a few years ago, before I found the Max Link Speed setting in my BIOS and switched it to Gen1. System ran fine afterwards, booted into Windows every time I switched it on. I know I'm late to the game on getting the PCI-e ribbon replaced (>1 year past warranty), and I'm sure there's a cost to video performance by throttling down to Gen1, but I NEED a working computer now, not an aluminum $2300 desktop conversation piece and angry clients wondering why I'm not meeting their deadline. Thanks.