• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 18 results

1. Hi corsiair fam, i recently got my proart z790 with 2 kits of 48x2 domanator titanium, XMP II @5600MHz. it is abel to boot but not able to pass memtest86, although it doesnt show any errors running OCCT(90%) for an hour. i believe it is possible since the CPU is rated for 5600MHz, however i never done any tweaking in bios beside switching XMP profile. Im wondering if anyone got any refrence, advie or have their ddr5 working with 4 dimms. i just want a stable daily with a sweetspot, thanks for your help. Understood that 4 dimms are harder for the cpu to train but i need the 100GB+ rams for my future projects. @5333MHz XMP II im able to pass the memtest 86 Motherboard: ProArt Z790-CREATOR WIFI (1402 bios) CPU : 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS Meomory: DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 96GB (2x48GB) DDR5 DRAM 6600MT/s CL32 Intel XMP Memory Kit (CMP96GX5M2B6600C32) x2
  2. Weird issue whenever I turn on XMP for my DOMINATOR DDR5 5200MHz C38 Memory Kit it gives an error in ICUE and won't be read. I'm just wondering if thats a sign of stability issues. I went ahead and rolled back the changes. I'm on an AORUS Z690 Master mobo, and it only had 1 profile for XMP. I'm just wondering if its the mem sticks are not up to snuff or if i'd be good if I just manually set the specs.
  3. Hey All, I've had my A200 for just over a week now, going through things and I've discovered that in the bios the memory isn't set to use XMP. When I try and enable XMP the computer simply reboots and powers down, the only way to successfully post the computer is to disable XMP. Is this normal and we just have to accept that XMP isn't enabled/working on the A200 or is there something wrong with mine (along with the now non-working change in RGB LED colours (I now only have the white colour working)).
  4. Having stability issues on a brand new build with CMH64GX4M4D3600C18 Vengence Pro SL ram, system runs fine on default and when I apply the XMP profile the system reboots randomly and getting multiple WHEA errors when there is a BSOD (MINI BUMP GENERATED). Running Cinebench R23 would instantly crash the system when the XMP is enabled the crashes are happening on both single core and multi core. I have since changed to default all auto system settings in bios and ran 6 hours of Prime 95 and 7 hours of Multicore R23 test all have passed. Is this ram kit not compatible with my system?. Another thing I noticed was the packaging states this RAM kit is compatible for Intel boards where as the description on amazon stated clearly that its optimized for both Intel and AMD? System Specs: Asus Dark hero, 5950x, 64gb corsair vengence pro sl, 2xnvmes 980 pro 970 evo plus. 2 x SSD 860-870, 1x HDD WD Purple. Corsair RM1000x power supply, noctua NSD-15S.
  5. Running a Ryzen 7 3700X with a Gigabyte X570 Ultra and 5700XT GPU, 2x 16GB CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 and a 850 Corsair PSU. Issue is that I can not get my system to run stable when I enable the XMP in BIOS. System runs great at 2133 but as soon as I enable XMP to get the 3200 speed I get random BSOD, sometimes when powering down or when watching YT. MemTest86 shows well over 200 errors after only 2 minutes! - Did a clean Win install, with latest AMD drivers etc. - Tried all different memory slots and combinations on the mainboard - Used 2 another same set of ram sticks - RMA'd the mainboard and memory - Tried entering the memory timings by using the Ryzen DRAM calculator (every which way that I found on the www) - Used the Corsair How-To-Guide for memory overclocking - Enabled XMP manually set the Multiplier to 32 and Voltage to 1.35V - Tried the above with High frequency support to Level 1 - Tried it in a number of different variations and suggestions in various forums - Tried most of the above on BIOS with AGESA 1003 ABBA, AGESA 1004B and AGESA 1004B & SMU 46.54.0 Nothing did result in any 100% improvement with the constant occurring BSODs So I reached out to on the Gigabyte Discord and got help from a user with the same issue :cool: The following settings solved his issue: - Enable XMP - Set DRAM voltage manually to 1.35V - Set RAM multiplier to 32x - Set the first five subtimings manually to 16-18-18-18-36 (the same as XMP would) important! - Set the sixth timing (tRC) to 56 instead of 54 as XMP would important! Memory slots used: A2/B2 And it also worked for me! System runs stable on 3200 without any BSOD. Did a overnight MemTest86 and zero errors! I believe it has something to do that the CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 is optimized for Intel and that maybe there is an issue with the XMP, that the values don't work with an AMD system. Would like to hear if anyone using CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 on an AMD Ryzen build has similar issues and if the above fix solved any potential BSOD issues. Update: Latest BIOS Update from GB 10c did not resolve the issue with the XMP profile and BSOD if the timings are not entered manually. Running stable on 10c with Win 10 v1909, overnight MemTest86 showed zero errors.
  6. Been wanting to learn to overclock my current build so I can get it running correctly, started another thread thinking the RAM was the issue but wasn't so I'm thinking it's just not stable but other than using the XMPI/II I don't know almost anything about overclocking as I've never seen the point personally. Thing is the setup for both XMP's sets the RAM to 2666, like I want, but games always eventually lock up the system. I've already tried new ram so now I have 64gb's of ram as faulty hardware isn't the issue, and also a new gpu because we thought that was the problem the first time. I've so far read around online that unstable overclocking can make your computer freeze/lock up and/or BSOD randomly or very often if setup wrong. I figured the XMP files would automatically be alright as it's what the RAM was tested for but maybe not. If anyone has any video's or guides how to do it step by step or if anyone has a similar build or the same exact build! Been tempted to take the ram a little lower and possibly give the CPU a couple steps up for voltage as that can freeze/crash your computer too I'm sure.
  7. Hi Everyone. My pc specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC with latest bios update (F13J - 23 April 2021). Ram kit1: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18) 16gb 2x8GB Ram kit2: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18) 16gb 2x8GB The issue: I have x2 dual kits installed in all 4 slots. Currently the RAM is running at 2666Mhz and stable. When I enable XMP to boost to 3600Mhz the system is unstable (cannot even log into windows). How I have tested: Method 1: Used each ram kit separately (2x8gb) in slots DDR4_A2 & DDR4_B2 with XMP enabled and system boots fine with no issues. But using both kits at the same time system only runs with XMP disabled. Method 2: Used the same scenario as above in my friends Asus ROG X570 Dark Hero motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5900X CPU. Using both ram kits (4x 8GB) with XMP enabled causes instability. Both kits running (2x8Gb) with XMP enabled works fine. The kit (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18) was listed on Gigabyte QVL as supported memory socket 2, but not 4. So could this be that because its two dual kits that it cannot be used in all 4 sockets together? All settings in Bios is running on AUTO. Enabling XMP causes the instability when using all 4 ram sockets. Thanks for the read. Regards OsMoFF
  8. Hi all! I have a question for a new build. Motherboard: MSI B460M PRO CPU: Intel Core i5-10600 I have found as an offer, the Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 8GB (2 x 4GB) CMK8GX4M2C3000C16 memory modules. The CPU's normal speed is 2666MHz for RAM. Therefore, my question is, can I use these 3000MHz modules with this morherboard and make them automatically (via a simple setting such as XMP) to run at 2666MHz? I do not want to overclock anything or to change manually the frequency and timings... Thank you.
  9. Hi Guys. I upgrade my system from a Ryzen 3700x and 32GB of Corsair Venegance RGB PRO, to a 5900x and 64GB. I buy another 2 sticks of the same model (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16), but I noticed that this new pair, use memory models from Nanya. The first one is Hynix. With default XMP at 3200Mhz it boots, but I have random crashes on very high load (software compilation tasks, 24 or more threads), and some few gameplays. So, I cleared my CMOS Settings, put XMP on again, and lower clocks to 3066 and its working solid now. Do you guys think that the cause is different module vendors? Can it be a BIOS problem? I'm running the last avaliable Beta Bios, with Agesa 1.2.0.1PatchA, because it contain fixes for USB + Ryzen 5k. Module Details:
  10. I just bought 4 x DIMMs on eBay that were described like this: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3 2400 MHz RAM in Red No Signs of any use or damage and work perfectly, very fast RAM! Please Note that 2 of the sticks have a carbon vinyl on the side as shown in the photos, which can be removed if necessary but can be hidden once inside a PC if put inbetween [sic] other sticks. When I received them, my PC wouldn't boot with them in unless I disabled XMP, and then CPU-Z said this about them: Slots #1 & #3: ============== Part No: CMY16GX3M2A1866C9 Timings Table: JEDEC #2 JEDEC #3 JEDEC #4 XMP-1864 Frequency: 457MHz 609MHz 666MHz 932MHz CAS# Latency: 6.0 8.0 9.0 9.0 RAS# to CAS#: 6 8 9 10 RAS# Precharge: 6 8 9 9 tRAS: 17 22 24 27 tRC: 23 30 33 36 Command Rate: 2T Voltage: 1.50V 1.50V 1.50V 1.500V Slots #2 & #4: ============== Part No: CMY16GX3M2A2400C11 <== 2400 vs 1866 Timings Table: & 11 vs 9 JEDEC #2 JEDEC #3 JEDEC #4 XMP-2400 <== 2400MHz vs 1866MHz Frequency: 457MHz 609MHz 666MHz 1200MHz <== 1200MHz vs 932MHz CAS# Latency: 6.0 8.0 9.0 11.0 <== 11.0 vs 9.0 RAS# to CAS#: 6 8 9 13 <== 13 vs 10 RAS# Precharge: 6 8 9 13 <== 13 vs 9 tRAS: 17 22 24 31 <== 31 vs 27 tRC: 23 30 33 44 <== 44 vs 36 Command Rate: 1T <== 1T vs 2T Voltage: 1.50V 1.50V 1.50V 1.650V <== 1.650V vs 1.500V I can see they are different specs or speeds, which, I suspect is why two are missing the spec stickers. :-( Anyway, in all fairness, I've requested a refund (I paid £140 GBP) and I've now received the return ticket so I guess that means he's accepting the return. Does anyone know whether this is why my system won't boot with XMP enabled? I had assumed that they would just all run at the slower 1866MHz rather than the faster 2400MHz of the other pair, but it seems that they don't work at all together unless on the default setting, which, I believe, is slower and makes my purchase a bit of a waste. Presumably, if I had 4 x CMY16GX3M2A2400C11 rather than 2 x CMY16GX3M2A2400C11 + 2 x CMY16GX3M2A1866C9 then they would all run happily together at the higher speed? One more thing: CPU-Z seems to be suggesting that the maximum bandwidth is currently 667MHz - is that correct, and would those speeds increase to 932MHz for the slower and 1200MHz for the faster modules, if only they were used on their own or with matching modules? Thanks to anyone who answers and sorry if my questions just prove that I don't know what I'm talking about - I'm a developer so this is way out of my field of expertise, but I just want the best performance I can get on a budget. Paul
  11. Bonjour à tous, J'ai récemment acheté deux kits de "CMW16GX4M2C3200C16", or à l'activation des deux Profils XMP existant dans le BIOS, le PC ne redémarre pas et après un redémarrage force, il ne boot pas bloquant sur EZ Debug CPU Led. J'ai donc tenté de flasher le BIOS de la carte mère (7C94v152(Beta version) et 7C94v14) or cela ne fonctionne avec aucun des deux. J'ai donc tenté de manuellement OC la RAM a 3000Mhz or même résultat. Configuration : MSI B550M Mortar Wifi Ryzen 5 5600X CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 (Deux Kits) Si cela peut aider : Dans CPU-Z les slots 1 et 3 de RAM sont du Manufacturer SK Hynix et en Dual Rank tandis que les slots 2 et 4 sont du Manufacturer Samsung et en Single Rank. Je suis à court d'idée, si vous avez une piste de résolution je suis preneur ! Cordialement
  12. Hi all, it's about time for a fresh general guide for using XMP/manually overclocking your memory so we've worked with Linus to put this quick video together. [ame] [/ame]
  13. Hi, I'm in panic mode because I bought a RAM which not Ryzen 3000 certified. It's the CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 v4.32 model. (C Die) Now I can return this product and have about 5 days left to do it but can someone verify if this RAM kit would work properly on Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite or MSI B550 A Pro with a R5 3600 or R7 3700X. I haven't bought the motherboard yet so there's that. (X570 Aorus Elite or Asus TUF Gaming x570 would get the job done too)
  14. Hello forum people, I have had a big problem for a long time, I thought I was going to solve it by reading other forums but I could not fix that. My computer works for a while and restarts due to the bad configuration of the ram memory timing, I have read about System Agent, I have raised and lowered it, I have increased the memory volts to recommended, I have set the Cas Latency values, etc., but it has not worked, I think they are the read and write times since the blue screen of windows, that the memory has not been read, please if someone wants to help me, I attach the screenshots of My BIOS setup screen. Thank you.:biggrin:
  15. So i've had Corsair Vengeance LPX memory (CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16) in my computer since Dec 2017 and it has been working great with XMP enabled as this is stock overclocked memory. The box says 3200mhz on it and thats what it was set too. The issue now is I went and bought the exact same kit to go from 16GB to 32GB and my computer was blue screening and apps were crashing constantly. Once I turned off XMP it was fine. I ran MemTest86 with xmp on and off, With it on I got about 700 errors at one point and another try it crashed the program. With xmp off it works fine no errors and finishes a pass no problem. I tried different slots, I even exchanged the ram for the same one and I have the same problems again. SO XMP worked on old memory but not new memory. The only difference I can see between the sticks is the new stuff is VER 4.32 and the 2 year old ram is Ver 5.32. So the old ram has a newer version number than the new stuff? I checked and the packaging has changed since the old one and the serial number is a higher number indicating it is newer stock made more recently. Sorry for the long rant but This is all the info I have and I am at a loss what to do. And yes my Bios is up to date. Thanks for the help.
  16. So I have the corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3200mhz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) and I'm trying to OC it to 3333 MHz or 3400 possibly, but I just can't seem to get there, I've booted up on 3333mhz with the timings 20 20 20 40, but someone on r/overclocking told me its not worth it with 20 20 20 40 and I was getting random crashes anyways. I do use an APU as both CPU and graphics card. My theory is that since 2gb of my ram goes to the iGPU, maybe some ram speed is going to it too? Not sure, but that's just a theory :sunglasse Anyways I'm wondering, what does XMP 2.0 mean, ik what XMP is but not 2.0. Does that mean I should have an XMP profile 2? because I only have XMP profile 1. Sorry for the long text but I kinda need help
  17. First off, here's my hardware set-up. https://pcpartpicker.com/b/tDRJ7P Memory: CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W Mobo: ASRock, X570 Steel Legend My memory is rated @3200, so in order to get that speed from the default 2133 I enabled the XMP profile in my mobo UEFI. When I saved and exited, the system wouldn't turn on. It'd come on for a second and then shut off, couldn't even get back into the BIOS. So, I did a CMOS reset… but now I'm not sure how to get my memory up to speed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  18. Ryzen 2600 Asrock B450M Steel Legend Bios 2.0 Won't boot with XMP 3000 loaded. Also on everything above 2666. Voltage 1.35, timings 16. May boot up on 2733 with like 18s timings. Slots 1-3. While in slots 2-4 won't boot even at 1866 but 2133 lol. TF? Bad CPU? Mobo? RAM? The lights are beautiful tho.