• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 11 results

1. I saw on a thread on the LTT forums someone asking about ICUE in linux, and Nick, the corsair affiliate over there, said for the OP to gather linux users to post over here to voice our desire for linux support. So here I am. Here's the thing about garbage market share numbers: for one, they're obviously not at all accurate. Steam (and some other stat reporters) list linux at around 1 percent, however their methodology is flawed, and then you take something like the Humble Bundle, who reports up to 15 percent of their sales come from Linux. Which is insane given that most of the games they sell don't even run on linux natively. Further, in the enthusiast, general computer-loving community, linux has a far greater proportion of users. Even just releasing a minimal client for things like RGB and fan control, even if it's just something as simple as communicating using the dbus interface, would be all that's necessary to support linux, we can do the rest ourselves. Further, it's been shown time and time again (the Humble numbers are one great example), that when a manufacturer, platform, or developer shows that they are willing to even give token support to linux, we will absolutely throw all the money at that manufacturer/platform/developer. Linux users more than any other group will do most of the work for you, and gladly contribute back as much, if not more, than we are given in terms of support/advancing any software. That's the nature of open-source. Even if you want to release your software on linux under a proprietary license, we will still do a ton of the work and handle most of the support, that's the nature of linux. We just need at minimum the means to do that. Please, please consider doing something like this. Vendor-specific RGB control software is one of the last creature comfort things we are lacking in linux, and treating us as the first-class citizen we deserve to be treated as will give an outsized benefit
  2. I'm new to watercooling, but I got a custom loop set up with all-Corsair parts, including an XG7 for my NVIDIA 3080 Ti FE, which is the only output since I have a K series Intel processor. It powers on, temps look good, and I'm able to load Steam and launch any game like I used to. I'm able to get to the main menu of whichever game I'm playing, but as soon as the game finishes loading, the graphics lag, and the next minute the screen goes out, and my TV says "no signal." I am running Linux, but this never happened while I was on the stock cooler. I can't tell the GPU temp, but when I shut the power off and boot to BIOS, it says CPU and MB temps look good. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
  3. Hi there, Is there any problem with using this headset on linux (ubuntu)? I prefer to ask before buying :)
  4. Hi Corsair As a Firmware Engineer I have just build a new Workstation with a Ryzen 5950x, Asus Rog Croshair VIII Hero motherboard. Using a Gentoo Linux, currently with kernel gentoo-sources 5.4.80 gives the following warning on boot. dec 24 12:46:28 nova kernel: nvme nvme0: missing or invalid SUBNQN field. dec 24 12:46:28 nova kernel: nvme nvme0: Shutdown timeout set to 10 seconds This issue with invalid SUBNQN field is a known issue in a number of NVMe units. If you look at the kernel code you will see that it has a dedicated quirk for it. See NVME_QUIRK_IGNORE_DEV_SUBNQN in https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/nvme/host/pci.c So my question is what is fixed in firmware 13 for the drive? Does it include the wrong SUBNQN field? I can't find a detailed changelog, preferable with info about for each commit done to the firmware codebase between the two releases. Second is the firmware files available somewhere or only the tool? Based on the input from others regarding the new firmware and performance I will be relectant to upgrade until I know if the issue about the SUBNQN is fixed. If anyone have an upgraded MP600 1TB, can you please boot a linux (just a bootable USB pen) and verify if you see the issue. Just use the journalctl -b
  5. Now corsair I'm a huge fan of your products my case is a old vengance c70 case that I've stuck with for a long time. All my peripherals are corsair branded so when I made the switch to Linux/Ubuntu i figured i could use wine or get it off your website. But I was sad to find out the closest I have is CKB-next that only controls the keyboard lighting not the mouse and headset lighting or options(like dpi). The thing that puzzles me is that you have it on 2/3 of the major platforms MacOS and Windows but not on linux. In 2014 in the corsair fourms a post labeled "a (unofficial) linux/ox driver" was posted this was the CKB alpha this had alot of attention even a corsair product manager with the user corsair James said it was interesting and lots of people liked it. This combined with linux gaming growing seeing corsair fully support linux would definitely make more people switch over to Linux itself but also make more people buy their products fourm post: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133929 Others wanting corsair to support linux https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191813 Stats of linux users that game: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=linux Native and working steam linux games: https://www.protondb.com/ I honestly hope that corsair will eventually support linux.....
  6. Hallo Leute, ich suche für meine Corsair Produkte die iCUE Software für LINUX. Ich hoffe Ihr könnt mir helfen.
  7. Hi. I know that linux is not officially supported, which is incredibly dissapointing. I dual boot both windows and ubuntu 19.10. my H100i pro XT works fine with windows, but I was curious if there is anything I can do with linux to control the fan curve. I had heard about OpenCorsairLink, which hasn't been updated in months, and does not support the new h100i pro or platinums. It does not detect my AIO, and I doubt that the support will come any time soon as there are open PRs from decemeber that haven't been merged in yet. So I have tried running windows in a VM, and runnine iCUE from there. That does work, but it seems like I need to keep the VM running, as the lighting changes I make don't persist after I make the changes and close the VM. So my question is: is there a way to make the iCUE changes persist after a reboot/poweroff? as I want to be able to turn off the windows VM and keep the fan curve/lighting in linux. Thanks, and please, please, please release linux support. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, CLI will do.
  8. I seem to having some ocassionall I/O errors issues with my NVM pci-e 4 drives (Corsair MP600 on a ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE motherboard) that I've come to determine that could be related to some kernel trim support of NVM drives as reflected on kernel bug: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=202665 and here: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/devops-workstation-fixing-nvme-trim-on-linux/148354 Errors like: Feb 7 22:01:13 e20home kernel: [32434.453698] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev nvme1n1, sector 14203336 op 0x3:(DISCARD) flags 0x800 phys_seg 1 prio class 0 It shows up sometimes when deleting or creating partitions and can be forced by executing: fstrim -v /partition_name Anyone with a similar issue? Due to the lack of Linux info on the corsair website can someone clarify: - how to determine my current MP600 firmware - how to update it on Linux? - would that fix the issue at all? Thanks.
  9. Hi All, I have recently installed the Corsair CMW64GX4M4C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB kit into my Ryzen based system. I have only (arch) linux installed due to my work habits. My question is what are my options to control the rgb effect of this RAM? I think the effect is actually very cool, but it is not synced with my motherboard and worst of all it doesn't turn off when my computer is suspended/slept. I think this behavior should not be the default. I wanted 64G of RAM for rendering and compilation tasks, not for a kid's gaming PC! Thank you for any help! thelongdivider
  10. If I'm running Linux as my main operating system, and i have a windows virtual machine on it, can I use the Corsair's Link/iCUE(can't remember what it's called) software to control my fan speeds? Specifically, the ones connected to my Commander Pro, and, possibly, my h100i v2 AIO? Has anyone successfully made the software work under WINE? Thanks! Oh, right, FYI, my system is currently running Windows 10, not Linux. I'm trying to do some research before I make the switch. I did search the web and this forum, but didn't find an answer. Edit: Another thought, I was considering just running the fans off of my motherboard, but I have a 1000D case. In the long run, I can see needing to use all 18 fan mounts if the plans I have work out. I'm not sure if running 18 fans through the motherboard could possible damage it or not....
  11. I'm considering getting a Commander Pro for my upcoming build. However, I might want to dual-boot with Windows+Linux in the future. I understand that there is no official support for iCUE under Linux, but does the CoPro have internal memory to save the fan curves (and maybe LED settings?) set in iCUE in Windows? That is, if I use iCUE to tie my case fan speeds to e.g. the CPU/GPU temperature, or a reading of the included temperature probes, will these curves also be applied when booting into a platform without support for iCUE, such as Linux? Also, and this may be an obvious question, but it's not possible to control a fan through the BIOS fan curve, when it's connected to the CoPro, right?