• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 11 results

1. Let's talk about the daunting topic, overclocking 🕓 this subject is often talked about when people start building PC's. Did you decide to overclock your computer and if so, what did you find most difficult? For my seasoned overclockers, do you have any tips & tricks 🗒️ for first-timers? And for anyone that decided not to overclock their computer, what had turned you away from it 🤔?
  2. Hello, a quick question about Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16. I want to overclock my RAM with XMP or preferably with custom settings to maximize performance. However, I'd love to have 4 sticks of RAM in my PC to fill all slots. Have I got the Light enhancement kit, would it interfere with overclocking or the BIOS won't even recognize fake RAM is there? I've read 2x16 is the same as 4x8 performance-wise, however 2x16 gives me headroom for going to 4x16. Also, what primary and secondary timings are recommended to get a stable yet effective 2x16 overclock? Thanks for help!
  3. We’ve partnered up with our friends at HWBOT to put together an overclocking competition that everyone can participate in before we celebrate the launch of DDR5 later this year! Requirements: You must use CORSAIR DDR4 memory No engineering/qualification samples of other components are allowed The rig you use must be yours and you must use the same platform (CPU/motherboard) for all 3 stages of the contest No sub-ambient cooling allowed, let's see what you can do with a standard air cooler / liquid cooling Contest Details: The competition will take place over the course of 3 different stages, each lasting roughly 2 weeks to give you time to dial in your overclock and get the highest score you can get for each benchmark (the benchmark will change for each stage). The first stage kicked off on August 15th and will run through September 7th (at the time of writing, you've got 18 days to get your first submission in for this stage of the competition). Entry Details: If you want to participate in this contest, head on over to HWBOT for the full list of rules and other information you need to get started! Prizes? There are prizes, right? Indeed! We're giving away prize packs to the top 5 competitors, including some keyboards, mice, and of course hardware for your next build like a MP600 PRO SSD and one of our new RMx power supplies! If you do well enough, you'll also get the chance to be among the first to get some kits of DDR5 memory when they launch later this year! Best of luck to all that participate!
  4. Hello guys! I'm trying to get some help regarding a RAM kit I bought, and I'm hoping someone here could help me! I used to have 16GB (2x8GB) of RAM @ 2400MHz running in my PC (from some other generic brand) pretty much since I bought it, but just recently I got 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, and I was hoping to ble able to overclock it to 3200MHz so I could better use its full potential. When I go into the BIOS and try to change the XMP profile (which was currently disabled) to the dropdown item "Profile1", it apparently changes the speed to 3200MHz, however when I go Save&Exit and the computer starts to boot up again, it never does. The monitor just sits on a black screen. Sometimes it is able to show something onscreen, but then it just freezes or simply stop responding. When I hold the power button to force it shut down and change back to the older RAM, it starts working fine again, not even having to remove the CMOS battery, as I've read in other forums as being a method for trying to restore the computer back to normal. I've also read that maybe the voltage should be altered, or even that some numbers had to be typed in manually, but since this is my first time trying to overclock my computer, I'm trying to go cautioulsy so I don't end up making any serious mistake. So, any thoughts on how I could do this? I was really hoping to be able to use this RAM at 3200MHz, and with my current knowledge, I'm unable to do it alone hahahaha So if anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it! :): I'm going to list some other specs here that maybe could be useful: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7GHz MB: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming RAM (New): 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHZ - CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Power supply: EVGA Supernova NEX750B NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB BIOS F23d 64bit Operating System Thanks in advance guys! :greengrin And Happy Holidays! :headbang:
  5. I'm using an MSI X570 Meg Ace paired with a 3950x. When I try to push this memory past 3200Mhz, it just doesn't go. I pushed the voltage to 1.4 but the overclock still wouldn't hold. I don't know the safe max voltage for this RAM. I want to reach 3600Mhz (and I changed infinity fabric to 1800Mhz). All of the timings are set to auto. Does anyone have this kit and was successful in overclocking? Or any advice on how to get this to work? Thanks!
  6. I'm not 100% sure the ram is bad/faulty but it crashed during a MEMTEST86 pass, when I mean crash I actually mean it completely locked up on that screen in the middle of the second out of 3 passes and just stayed there the whole night. I wanted to be sure it wasn't a bluescreen so I left it on all night and it did nothing. I've been having said issue since I built my new computer but I'm not sure if it's the ram being bad or the XMP I setup is wrong for setting the ram I bought to it's tested specs. I bought the Corsair Vengenace RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) 2666 C16 RAM, or if you prefer the model number it's in the title. Hopefully my post also shows my computer specs and it'll prolly help if I start by saying I just replaced my old GPU with a brand new one yesterday cause we thought it was that, wanted an upgrade anyways but crashing in 50% of my games completely randomly is getting a bit annoying tbh! The game of choice I've been using to test my "fixes" aka tampering with is 7 Days to Die, as it makes my computer lock up withing 2-60 minutes typically unless I'm lucky and it lasts for a couple hours or even all day! It's really weird and I'm possibly thinking it might just be the setup for the XMP I I did to at least get the ram working up to it's top tested specs so I touched literally nothing but activating the XMP I through BIOS. Sorry this is so lengthy but I've been trying to fix this for a couple weeks or so now. Let me know if you need more info about the bios or something! Appreciate anyone willing to help me!! :D
  7. So, I got these thinking they got that yummy, overclockable Samsung B-die. Mind you, it is actually ver. 4.32 and not 4.31. These are not on the QVL of my B450 Tomahawk max :( While they do run just fine on XMP settings, they don't seem to be willing to go a single step beyond that. I was wondering if anyone had achieved a significant OC on these. If so, I would appreciate some tips!
  8. Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (kit) Partnumber: CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R 8GBx4 sticks = 32GB Motherboard: MSI Z97A Gaming 7 CPU: 4790k BIOS: 1.B It's listed as supported sticks in the OC list: http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/Z97A-GAMING-7.html#support-ocmem Anyone can help me with the settings, timings volts etc? I'd like to get atleast 2000MHz or 2133MHz out of the overclock.
  9. So on Cyber Monday I bought what was supposed to be another kit of ram identical to the one I already had. What I already had was Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz with CAS Latency 16 using a Micron B-die, I have bought another kit with it advertised as being the same with CAS 16 from amazon with even the serial code on the packet being for the CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 which is what I had but looking on CPU-Z and another program the new RAM actually has a part number CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 which is the CAS 15 variant using the Hynix A-die, so I was sent the wrong product, I want to overclock my RAM and currently have it running at 3200MHz but I now cannot use any timing calculators to get "safe" timings because the different types have different timings. Using a calculator the Hynix CAS 15 one has lower timings so should I be fine using the timings from the Micron CAS 16 one since it is higher or would it not work?
  10. Has anybody OCd the i145? If so, what were your settings?
  11. Ryzen 2600 Asrock B450M Steel Legend Bios 2.0 Won't boot with XMP 3000 loaded. Also on everything above 2666. Voltage 1.35, timings 16. May boot up on 2733 with like 18s timings. Slots 1-3. While in slots 2-4 won't boot even at 1866 but 2133 lol. TF? Bad CPU? Mobo? RAM? The lights are beautiful tho.