• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

1. I'm getting an ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 DARK HERO MB for my PC build. However there is no QVL for this product yet. It's just an updated version of the regular ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero as far as I know, but will this set of Corsair Dominator Platinum Memory work with it? It works on the previous model of the MB, so I was wondering if it will as well here. Or should I wait a month or so till the QVL comes out? If it even does.
  2. Hey! Thinking of adding 2 additional sticks of RAM to go from 32GB to 64GB. I currently have the Corsair Dom. Plat. DDR5 5600. The codes on them are CMT32GX5M2X5600C36. However, when searching online, the closest match I can find have the code CMT32GX5M2B5600C36. Does this matter? Will they still be compatible even though the codes are slightly different? Also, why are mine 'X' and those available now 'B'? (not as important, but would be nice to know). Finally, just to be sure, my MSI MPG Z690 Carbon will make use of all four sticks, yes? I've always shied away from quad channel and just stuck with dual. Thanks!!
  3. Hello everyone! We’ve heard your requests and are excited to announce that we now have a plug-in which allows ASUS’s Aura Sync to control the lighting effects of your CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO or DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB modules! Follow these steps to enable this feature. Download from https://www.corsair.com/downloads: Latest version of iCUEAura Sync Plug-inDownload from ASUS: Latest version of Aura SyncInstallationInstall/update iCUEIf updating requires restarting your system, do this nowInstall the Aura Sync pluginOpen iCUE, click the “Settings” tab at the top of the window,then click the icon for your system memory (1)Click “Enable full software control” (2)In Aura Sync, click the link/unlink button under the DRAM icon;when linked, the icon will change to whiteWhen asked if you want to save changes, click “Yes”Your CORSAIR VENGEANCERGB PRO or DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB memory modules should now be controlled by ASUSAura Sync! Have fun! FAQWhich CORSAIR memory modules does this plug-in work with?This plug-in is made specifically for use with CORSAIR VENGEANCERGB PRO or DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB modulesWhile Asus Aura Sync is running with the iCUE plug-in, can Istill use iCUE to control my other CORSAIR RGB products?Yes, the plug-in only grants control of your RAM modules to AsusAura Sync. All your other CORSAIR RGB products, like keyboard, mouse, etc, willstill be controlled through iCUE.After installing the iCUE plug-in and “linking” CORSAIR DRAM inAsus Aura Sync, can I still use iCUE to control my CORSAIR RGB memory modules?No, iCUE will not control the lighting on your CORSAIR RGBmemory modules while DRAM is “linked” in Asus Aura Sync.How do I revert back to using iCUE to control my CORSAIR RGBmemory modules?If you want to revert to iCUE for controlling your CORSAIR RGBmemory modules, simply click the link/unlink button under DRAM in Asus AuraSync; the button will turn red indicating the DRAM is unlinked. In iCUE, clickthe “Settings” tab and at the bottom of the window click the “Restart” buttonto restart the iCUE service. Your memory modules should now be controlled byiCUE again.
  4. Can someone help me check the authenticity of a memory module? It's advertised as CMK16GX4M1E3200C16, but it's missing the serial and model numbers from the packaging, so I'm concerned about it being a counterfeit product.
  5. I'd like to draw attention to an issue I've experienced with Corsair iCUE 5. I recently had a problem where my computer would refuse to boot running everything at stock configuration as iCUE had erroneously written bad data to the SPD chips on all four of my RAM modules (all CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 modules). Here's the relevant thread I posted on the LTT forums, with my solution post at the end explaining the issue in great depth. System specs also posted there. The summary is that I was using iCUE 4 as I had been for a long long time and got an upgrade notification to install iCUE 5, so I did the update and it was all seemingly fine. A couple of days later I then wanted to clear my BIOS settings and install a new BIOS version. I removed the CMOS battery to clear everything and then attempted to reboot my system so I could flash the new BIOS, however my system managed to complete the POST. After much troubleshooting and banging my head on the wall, I noticed one of my modules was showing the JEDEC 2133 MHz profile as being able to run at 1.0 V which is entirely wrong and out-of-spec for desktop DDR4. After several more hours of troubleshooting and finally being able to get into the BIOS once more so I could reapply the XMP profile - which thankfully was not affected - I could get into WIndows and do more investigation. I opened Thaiphoon Burner and it confirmed all four of my modules had CRC errors, all at the exact same offset of 0x0B (11) bytes in their SPD data. After reading the JEDEC DDR4 SPD specification, I determined that the reason for the erroneous 1.0 V being shown on the JEDEC profile is because byte 11 determines the voltage the module supports. I had to fix this manually by hand by going into Linux, disabling all IO memory and ACPI restrictions, loading the I2C & SMBus kernel modules and then individually correcting the corrupted bytes using i2c-tools and then confirming the CRC was good in Thaiphoon Burner and comparing it to their database of known good SPD dumps. Big thanks to Softnology for their software because I wouldn't have been able to solve this without them. The bigger issue here is that iCUE 5 must have an issue with doing dirty writes on the SMBus. Which not only should it not be doing to being with on RAM modules which don't have RGB, but not waiting for the SMBus to be free before performing those write operations. A Corsair software engineer needs to look into this, writing random things to system memory with a kernel level driver isn't the sort of thing you want to be doing on customer's systems if you want them to ever purchase your hardware or use your 1.1 GB software suite for controlling fan speeds and RGB lighting again. I'd used OpenRGB in the past and never had an issues, iCUE 4 - even with all of its shortcomings - didn't have these issues. Please look into this issue as this is a serious problem that a lot of customers won't have the knowledge to debug and will just return their memory as faulty. Slightly more concerning now is that I have to wonder is: where else was iCUE doing writes to memory that it really shouldn't? Can I trust the software not to write garbage data into kernel memory? Motherboard firmware regions? Graphics card memory mapped space? It is deeply concerning and disappointing. Thank you edit: I want to confirm that no other piece of user installed software had access to the SMBus
  6. I recently purchased all the new parts to build a computer and I ordered FOUR 32GB Corsair Vengeance 5600MT/s DDR5 modules. After not being able to install Windows, I had a tech friend come over with all his diagnostic software and we found out that at least one of the memory modules was failing. Since they come in packs of two, I sent the set back and the new replacement set should arrive tomorrow. In the mean time, I was able to install windows on the computer with the remaining TWO 32GB modules installed. I should mention that I used to be a service tech and I have built hundreds of computers, so I wasn't careless or rough and I did observe the standard anti-static precautions. Today after installing a bunch of my applications, it started blue-screening and saying it was having a memory hardware issue. The problem persisted after many reboots and worsened to the point where I wasn't able to successfully boot Windows anymore. I removed ONE of the 32GB modules and now the machine only has one module left. It boots and seem to be running fine for the past hour or two. I have the iCUE software installed and according to the sensors and graphs, everything is operating correctly and within tolerances for temperature and voltage. I find it hard to believe that out of two packages of modules I had two defects. I am hoping when the other two modules arrive tomorrow they will work fine, but I am wondering if there is something else that I should be aware of? Does anyone have any thoughts? I have a ASUS PRIME X670E-PRO WIFI motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 7 7700 processor and a Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC edition graphics card. Thank you for any information you can provide. Gratefully, Al
  7. Deliver blazing-fast 🔥 storage to any PC, Mac or console in an incredibly low-profile drive with the CORSAIR EX100U Portable USB Type-C Storage Drive! Quickly transfer your large media or productivity files through a USB-C connection, and keep them secured on the go with a replaceable protective cap. Here are a few quick highlights: The powerful Gen2 x2 bandwidth connection moves data files at up to 20Gbps Delivers data speeds of up to 1,600MB/sec sequential read and 1,500MB/sec sequential write speeds* for an external storage device that works as fast as you do At just 79mm x 37mm x 11mm, EX100U is smaller than a credit card which makes it easy to take with you, for high-performance storage on-the-go Click HERE for more information. We've put together a quick FAQ down below: Q: What cables are included? A: Included in this package are both USB Type-C to Type-C and Type-C to Type-A cables for wide compatibility with a multitude of devices. Q: How long is the warranty? A: The EX100U is backed by a 3-year warranty, meaning you can enjoy your gear worry-free! *Performance varies by capacity. USB 3.2 2x2 connection required for maximum rated performance
  8. For some reason one of my sticks turns completely off when XMP is enabled, my motherboard is Z390 AORUS MASTER with latest firmware, ram model Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB (CMW64GX4M2E3200C16) with latest firmware, iCue doesn't seem to effect it at all
  9. Just before my old computer died I had bought some RAM from Crucial.com. I never got a chance to put it in. Can anyone tell me if this RAM will work in my Corsair Vengeance i-7200: Here is what I see on the RAM card: ct16g4dfd8266.c16fp 16GB DDR4-2666 UDIMM 1.2v cl19
  10. Hey All, I've had my A200 for just over a week now, going through things and I've discovered that in the bios the memory isn't set to use XMP. When I try and enable XMP the computer simply reboots and powers down, the only way to successfully post the computer is to disable XMP. Is this normal and we just have to accept that XMP isn't enabled/working on the A200 or is there something wrong with mine (along with the now non-working change in RGB LED colours (I now only have the white colour working)).
  11. Hey everyone, Get ready to meet the newest member of our VENGEANCE RGB DRAM family - better than ever in DDR5! Attain top-of-the-line DDR5 performance with higher frequencies and capacities. Here are a few quick highlights: Illuminate your system with ten individually addressable, ultra-bright RGB LEDs per module, encased in a panoramic light bar for vivid RGB lighting and allowing your build to irradiate from any viewing angle. Take control with CORSAIR iCUE software and customize RGB lighting, monitor real-time frequency and onboard voltage regulation Optimized for maximum bandwidth and tight response times on the latest Intel® DDR5 motherboards Equipped with a solid aluminum heatspreader that efficiently conducts heat away from your memory, designed with refined VENGEANCE styling to compliment modern systems Click HERE for more information. We've put together a quick FAQ below: Q: What voltages will DDR5 use? A: DDR5 will have lower, more flexible power usage and will go down to just 1.1V Q: Can I combine multiple kits of CORSAIR DDR5 memory? A: You can buy multiple kits of CORSAIR DDR5 memory, but we do not recommend combining them, as our memory kits are only validated for their rated performance when using only the modules provided within that specific kit. Q: Does DDR5 have XMP or Extreme Memory Profile? A: Yes! DDR5 employs a new specification, XMP 3.0, while DDR4 remains on XMP 2.0 For more FAQs, please refer to our DDR5 Memory FAQ Thread and to our DDR5 Memory Blog. Let us know your thoughts down below!
  12. When I initially built my pc (early 2020), I bought a 32GB (2x16), 3200mhz RAM kit from Corsair. The timings are 16-18-18-36. When I look to add another 32GB, all I’m finding are 16-20-20-38, which wouldn’t be compatible. Does Corsair still produce RAM with the timing I’m looking for? TIA
  13. Hi all. I'm looking for help on why I can't get my memory kit to run at anything higher than 2133MHz and if what I am experiencing is normal or if I have faulty RAM? Been trying to get help on this for a month with no success.. Memory - cmk64gx4m2e3200c16 - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x32GB Motherboard - MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI - Bios ver. 1.40 CPU - Ryzen 3700X As soon as I run it at anything other than default BIOS values - Windows BSOD as soon as it tries to load. Even the Windows 10 installer fails. I've tried various different options of the main 5 numbers and the clock speed, as well as the voltage. Tried both XMP profiles. Been told to look at individual timings - the ones where there's like 20 different values to change but I haven't attempted that yet, I'm really struggling to know what to change any of those to.. But even so, is this expected I need to be doing all this just to try and get my memory to run past 2133MHz? I came across an application called DRAM Calculator for Ryzen - I tried to import my memory profile from Thaiphoon burner but it didn't work. I've asked for some help on other forums and in PC gamer communities but I've received a lot of mixed and conflicting information.. "QVL lists aren't that important" - is this true? I know motherboard manufacturer's can't test every single memory kit under the sun. But if it's not a QVL list thing then why am I experiencing so many problems getting my memory to run even past 2133MHz? "Running 4x16GB at higher clock speeds is harder on the machine than 2x32GB" - Advice someone gave me which ended up with me returning my 4x16GB and getting 2x32GB instead .. at least the 4x16GB module I was able to boot into windows at 2933MHz .. although it did BSOD under heavy loads. AMD just aren't very good at overclocking - Is this actually true? Should I just put up with not being able to have 64GB at anything higher than 2133MHz? Though I'm not even looking to "overclock" past the manufacturer's rated speed. Performance is seriously restricted running at anything less than 3200MHz on Ryzen CPU - And this is the main thing I keep hearing over and over again which is why I'm aiming for that number on my sticks and feeling pretty cheated that I can't get anywhere near that.. Like, I don't get it, if it's so difficult to run memory at the rated manufacturer speeds, why is it advertised at that speed? I think this memory was one of the cheapest 64GB memory modules - should I have paid more for better RAM? Again though if that's the case, why is it advertised at 3200MHz if it can't reach that.. Hope someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.. Thank you!
  14. We’ve partnered up with our friends at HWBOT to put together an overclocking competition that everyone can participate in before we celebrate the launch of DDR5 later this year! Requirements: You must use CORSAIR DDR4 memory No engineering/qualification samples of other components are allowed The rig you use must be yours and you must use the same platform (CPU/motherboard) for all 3 stages of the contest No sub-ambient cooling allowed, let's see what you can do with a standard air cooler / liquid cooling Contest Details: The competition will take place over the course of 3 different stages, each lasting roughly 2 weeks to give you time to dial in your overclock and get the highest score you can get for each benchmark (the benchmark will change for each stage). The first stage kicked off on August 15th and will run through September 7th (at the time of writing, you've got 18 days to get your first submission in for this stage of the competition). Entry Details: If you want to participate in this contest, head on over to HWBOT for the full list of rules and other information you need to get started! Prizes? There are prizes, right? Indeed! We're giving away prize packs to the top 5 competitors, including some keyboards, mice, and of course hardware for your next build like a MP600 PRO SSD and one of our new RMx power supplies! If you do well enough, you'll also get the chance to be among the first to get some kits of DDR5 memory when they launch later this year! Best of luck to all that participate!
  15. It's been months since they've been released and the highest theses kits go is only 3200MHz. Where are the 3600MHz and 4000MHz versions for these sticks? I haven't been able to find a timeline of when the new kits will release. All they have said is that they will come at a later date.
  16. I bought 2 2x8gb kits from Newegg (CMW16BX4M2D3000C16) They look beautiful. However, "dim 1" which is in slot 3 from the CPU socket seems to have a dead LED in at the very "bottom" of the stick. Ill attach a photo. Is ive tried to reseat the ram and it's seated all the way in. Is it even worth trying to replace the stick as Ill most likely have to replace both sticks from the kit? The issue isn't all that obvious on some lighting options. Thanks in advance
  17. Firsty I´m explaning it: So I have 4x 8Gb RAM parts of the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro and if I´m using effect like color wave in icue than it looks like they´re in the wrong order? :[pouts: DIMM 1 on ICUE is visual DIMM 3 DIMM 2 on ICUE is visual DIMM 1 DIMM 3 on ICUE is visual DIMM 4 DIMM 4 on ICUE is visual DIMM 2 i´ve put some pictures down below Could somebody help me with is Problem?
  18. Recently I brought the K70 RGB MK.2. I can't find save profile to device on iCUE. Thought Keyboard is defective. After little research, hope I found the solution.:biggrin: It is not about the iCUE or hardware issue. I'm running iCUE Version 3.15.101 Keyboard Firmware Version 3.24 WE NEED TO SOFT-RESET THE KEYBOARD Follow these steps to Soft Reset the Keyboard Quit iCUE Unplug the keyboard With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key. While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer. After about 20 seconds, release the ESC key. If done correctly, your keyboard's lighting will flash. For the K95 RGB Platinum, this process is slightly different: Quit iCUE Unplug the keyboard With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key. While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer. Hold the key down until the keyboard begins to flash. Unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. Official Link to Keyboard Soft-Reset Official Link to Mouse Soft-Reset Issues: You cant export or copy the Default Profile to Onboard Memory. You need to Select one of the Onboard Memory Profile (HW1, HW2, HW3) and select Lightening effect. Only 5 custom or 1 predefined lightening effects can be created for Hardware Profiles. NOTE: I don't have K95 RGB or Corsair Mouse to check this method. If anyone have K95 RGB or Corsair Mouse, try this method and comment on this thread
  19. Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum. I am also new to PC building in general and have learned quickly I have chosen the worst time in history to build a PC due to everything going up in price and parts being hard to find. The components I plan on running are as follows: CASE: Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) MOTHERBOARD: ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X-570E CPU: Ryzen 5600x GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3070 (Black) MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 HARD DRIVE: Corsair Pro MP600 M.2 2280 1TB (2X) POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM850x Full Modular (80 GOLD PLUS) CPU COOLER: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix CPU Cooler (Black) CASE FANS: Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB Fans (Black) (10 Fans) (3 Packs of 3 + 1) My question has to do the memory. With this set up in mind which ram would be best for my CPU/GPU/Motherboard. The two kits I’m looking are: 1) CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMH32GX4M4D3600C18. https://www.newegg.com/corsair-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820236713?Item=N82E16820236713 2) CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M4D3600C16 https://www.newegg.com/corsair-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820236697 The only differences I can tell in performance is 16 CAS latency with option #1 Vengeance RGB Pro SL vs 18 CAS latency with option #2 Vengeance RGB Pro. I personally like the SL version as I think it is looks cleaner and it matches the 5000 D Airflow case better. But which would run better with my set up? Is the difference between 16 and 18 latency going to make that big of difference? Thanks in advance for anyone that responds!
  20. My build is in both my forum profile and also here on pcpartpicker ( https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Gadolinium/saved/6fkVwP ) Looked around on some other forum posts on this issue, and even one person just gave up from the looks of it. I've got ab4x8G kit of Vengeance Pro RGB, and the 4 channels/sticks are out sync with eachother. Just looking at all 4 sticks set to marquee, I can watch the effect start off in-sync, but then over time, they will be all out of order with eachother. EDIT: Minor spelling issues. Want to add that the out-of-sync issue happens on ALL effects. iCue's preview always looks okay, but the effects will slowly go out of sync between the RAM sticks themselves. Even setting it to software-controlled has problems.
  21. Hi people I'm wondering if anyone knows the difference in functionality between this Memory Kit 01 and this Memory Kit 02 ? They both have exact same specs and only one character difference in the serials. (Check screenshot) Listed on QVL: CMK64GX4M4B3000C15 Not listed on QVL: CMK64GX4M4C3000C15 I also know that the first kit is V4.31 and the second kit is V4.32 The reason I'm asking what the actual functional difference is, is because V4.32 (which I have purchased) is NOT listed on the Qualified Vendors List (QVL) of compatible RAM with the ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) motherboard. But V4.31 is. Could there be a reason why V4.32 is not listed? My feeling is that it should be fine but wanted to get a second opinion from you Pro builders? Especially seeing as everyone's advice to me since I bought the RAM has been to make sure I pick a model from the motherboard QVL. What's the worse that could happen if I build my PC from scratch and put an incompatible memory kit in? very thankful for any help
  22. Hi all, it's about time for a fresh general guide for using XMP/manually overclocking your memory so we've worked with Linus to put this quick video together. [ame] [/ame]
  23. Hi, I'm in panic mode because I bought a RAM which not Ryzen 3000 certified. It's the CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 v4.32 model. (C Die) Now I can return this product and have about 5 days left to do it but can someone verify if this RAM kit would work properly on Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite or MSI B550 A Pro with a R5 3600 or R7 3700X. I haven't bought the motherboard yet so there's that. (X570 Aorus Elite or Asus TUF Gaming x570 would get the job done too)
  24. I have just bought two new sticks of Dominator Platinum DDR4 memory and found that the version numbers differ from the two sticks I'm currently using in my build Other than the version numbers they are the same product (16GB, DDR4, 3200MHz) The new version number is 5.32 and the existing one is 4.31 Will there be any problems with this? I'm unsure how to check if they're compatible
  25. Hello people. I have this little problem, maybe you can help me to solve it. I have 4x8gb Dominator Platinum (cmt16gx4m2c3200c16) they work just perfect, but one of the sticks is having some weird rgb behaviour, it only turns on blue, It doesn't matter the effect I apply they will work(at the moment I have them all on static color, 3 of them are white and the first one is completely blue), but only if that ram stick has to turn on blue, these are all new sticks(bought them yesterday) so they shouldn't be damaged. Any help would be appreciated