Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'hydro series'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 5 results

1. Unofficial Hydro Series Installation Guide This SGC guide will help with the proper installation of Corsair Hydro Series pumps. I noticed a number of forum members are having problems with the pump installation and higher than normal CPU temperatures, this may be related to Corsair instructions being basic and or vague when it comes to a successfully mounted Hydro Series Pump. Step 1, upon opening your new Hydro Series Pump, take a few minutes to lay out all included parts on a flat surface and verify needed Mounting components were included in the box. Simply open the Corsair quick start guide to page no. 1 (included hardware) and compare the pictures with your hardware. Step 2, this part of the guide will pertain to Intel LGA 115x and 1366 mounting when installing a H60, H80, H100 and the newly launched H110 GT Series Pumps. If you're using Intel: LGA 2011, 2011-v3 or AMD: AM2, AM3, FM1, FM2 you can skip this step since you'll be using the backplate that came with your MainBoard. Additionally those who are installing a Asetek made Hydro H50, H55, H75, H90, H105, H110 or the newly launched H80 GT and H100 GTX pumps can also skip this step since your backplate is of a different design. Intel: LGA 115x, 1366 backplate http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/Hydro.1_zpsgxiwfoky.jpg A closer inspection reveals two notches made into one side of the backplate (the direction of the notches is vital when installing the backplate onto a LGA 115x or 1366 Mainboard) http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/Hydro.2_zps9wn6lzjj.jpg Intel: LGA 115x, 1366 mounting hardware (notice LGA 115x standoff screws have the same amount of thread on both ends) http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/Hydro.3_zpsu1skjzd6.jpg Step 3, installing the Intel backplate onto the backside of Mainboard starts with the orientation of the notches in the backplate. It’s vital for a successful mounting having these two notches facing upward towards the top of the Mainboard and going around the two screws holding the CPU socket in place (if this part is skipped or improperly installed the cooler will not make proper contact). Next, adjust the mounts at the four corners of backplate till they line up with the holes on the Mainboard for your specific CPU socket. Then install the standoff screws from front side into the backplate mounts around the CPU socket until hand tight. This will secure your backplate making it ready to install the CPU waterblock (on some Mainboards the backplate may feel loose, don't worry). Correct mounting will look like this http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/Hydro.4_zpsdsndpadx.jpg Here’s a close up http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/Hydro.5_zpsnq7wziuo.jpg Step 4, position the mounting bracket over the top of the pump assembly and we're ready to install. Align the bracket and pump assembly over the four standoff screws, standoffs will go through the mounting bracket making it ready to secure. The process I use when installing a CPU waterblock assembly, is once the mounting plate is lined up correctly and seated to the CPU, continue to apply lite pressure in the center of waterblock while installing all four thumb screws. Keep constant pressure holding the CPU waterblock in place, tighten the thumb screws until all four are have reached the mounting bracket but not making contact (this will ensure the mounting bracket is installed correctly and not off center). Once all four thumb screws are installed then we can start to tighten them by starting with the top left corner, moving to the bottom right corner, next moving to the bottom left corner and finally the top right corner. The thumb screws should be hand tightened first and then using a screw driver to make sure they have been secured to make proper contact, there’s no need to go overboard making them iron tight. For those who are installing an Asetek made Hydro H50, H55, H75, H90, H105 and H110 pumps, installation of waterblock will be slightly different. The pump head on these models will have ears around the diameter of pump assembly, you will need to assemble the Intel Retention ring and clip onto the pump head. Retention ring will go over the top of pump head resting on the ears and clip installed from bottom of pump head locking the two piece together. If installed incorrectly the Retention ring will fall through the pump head. Once the pump head has been fitted with the retention ring and clip, you can follow the instructions above for secure the pump assembly. Note: using the process above will ensure proper mounting of waterblock, since it is possible to tighten one side more than the other causing the pump assembly to make poor contact hence affecting the CPU temperature. Apply pressure in center of CPU waterblock assembly http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/Hydro.7_zpszruegbjl.jpg When mounted correctly it will look like this http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag445/BlackOpsBoxes/Corsair%20Guide/Hydro.8_zpsmqqwr8bv.jpg Finally, connecting power to the pump with the CPU FAN or CPU OPT port on the MainBoard. Newer Mainboards will only have 4-pin PWM headers that will accept the 3-pin pump connection. The 3-pin connection only reports the pump RPM or speed to BIOS since it’s not adjustable. Additionally your pump may have come with a mini USB cable for Corsair LINK (install into an open USB port on bottom of mainboard) and or SATA power cable (install the power cable to any SATA cable with an open connection). We won't be talking about the radiator or fan installation since Corsair has provide sufficient information for mounting these two items. So with that brings an end to our Hydro Series Installation Guide, fire your computer up and enjoy.
  2. hi hopefully this is in the right place but feel free to move it if it should be elsewhere. so i have three hydro x parts in my system (gpu, cpu blocks and the pump) all were working fine then playing doom eternal over the weekend they all stopped lighting up and the node wasnt detected within icue, i used USBDeview to check the connection to find it said it wasnt connected. i ordered a replacement with the rgb strips, hooked it all up and daisy chained the hydro x stuff, it worked for about 30 seconds. i assumed i was unlucky and got a defective on so got amazon to replace it. tested the new one in another system with only the rgb strips and worked flawlessly but as soon as i put in my main rig it stopped again almost straight away. surely i cannot of received two faulty products in a row. could the node have burnt out/fried when attached to my system? using corsair RM850X with the out of the box cables, i do have two sets of Deepcool MF120 fans on the same sata line with no problems with them. any help anyone could provide would be grateful :
  3. Because of former brands I used, their pump heads had instructions about the positions the pump head could and could not be placed in. Corsair Manual: I could not find any indications in the manual about the pump head orientation positions that could or could not be used. My H150i pump head installation orientation position issues: ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore x299 motherboard If I install the pump head onto the CPU with the tubes on the right side, the tubes will contact the RAM memory and exert pressure on the closest one. If I install the pump head onto the CPU with the tubes on the bottom, the twist in the tubes in that position exert pressure on the pump head so as to cause it to release from the mounting bracket. If I install the pump head onto the CPU with the tubes on the top, there is no twist in the tubes problem, nor does it rest in the way or on anything. Can the pump head function with the tubes on top to without creating a water circulation problem or issue with cooling?
  4. Hi there! I am about to start piecing everything together, and am planning my tube runs, etc. In looking through the available manuals, Cant find one for the XR5 420, or Any XR5 size that would allude to which ports are in and out on the rad? I am mounting this up top on a Thermaltake view 71, with a push pull config exhausting from the top. I am using soft tubing the first go around, until I can get GPU Blocks from corsair for my 2080. Can anyone take a look at this and see if I am getting the correct setup going? I want it to look as Aesthetically pleasing as possible, but this is my first water-loop that isn't an AIO so any help would be appreciated. Below is a layout of what im thinking of doing. Light Blue = Perceived outlet (unsure if radiator is right) Red = Inlet Orange = Soft tubing Green = Drain Ball Valve with Male to Male adapter (The port is technically an inlet, but I think it can be used as a drain? Uncertain) If there is a black X, it means i don't plan on using that port. I want my flow to go something like this : Pump to Rad Rad to CPU Block CPU Block to Pump top outlet if possible. Now the line going from the Pump to the rad, Im curious if I can maybe droop this a bit for some better looks? I will have a vertical GPU so i don't need that much. I'm also considering flipping the CPU block internally so i can swap the inlet and outlet.
  5. is it possible to switch a cpu pump to another radiator cus i need one with rgb