• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 4 results

1. Hello, I just saw https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=813831 after reviving a liquid-damaged k70 I had lying around for months, it's the OG, Red backlight, original Logo version (PCB sticker: 690-K1529R-C05U, CL160323) I took it apart down to PCB, cleaned all visible traces of damage with alcohol-covered Qtips from the back, let some alcohol through the space hole, let it dry and re-connected it. It's currently flashing the Num/Caps/Scroll lock when connected to the PC, the only other light to turn on is the windows Lock key. The keyboard IS working to some extent (slapped a few de-capped keys, with correct inputs displayed in notepad). Based on the thread linked above, would it be possible to at least attempt re-viving this keyboard's flash? It's something I had laying around for spares, and decided to take apart for fun. Kind regards, Pav.
  2. IspilledmilkovermykeyboardanddrieditbutthespacebarisntworkingShouldIWaitAndDrieItEvenMore?OrIsItGone?
  3. DISCLAIMER Disassembly of your keyboard will in fact void your Corsair warranty so proceed at your own risk with this knowledge. The only reason I decided to do this is because SPILL DAMAGE also voids your Corsair warranty!!! I do not recommend this for anyone experiencing any issues that are not tied to accidental damage and an already voided warranty!!! TL:DR, TL:DR Keyboard spill, bathed disassembled keyboard in 70% Isoprop Alcohol tub, keyboard works again. TL:DR * The italicized text in my list are steps that I took that did not contribute to repairing the keyboard, skip these! They're mostly an FYI, for the curious. * The bolded text in my list are steps that contributed to repairing the keyboard! The title says it all, my son was watching me play Mass Effect Andromeda. Mommy decided to give him, a 6 year old child, an adult cup filled to the brim with Chocolate Milk...you know the rest. Sadly, it wasn't a slight spill, the ENTIRE cup of chocolate milk spilled straight on to my 1 month old $200 K95 RGB Platinum. Well I am currently typing this with above mentioned keyboard and currently the only issues I note with it is that the "0" on the top number row and the "i" require a bit more pressure than usual to operate. I will detail below what didn't work and what did work for me! I hope this helps someone else out there! 1) After the initial spill in less that 2 seconds I unplugged my keyboard. This is key because you want to cut power IMMEDIATELY to the board. Any continued use of the keyboard while "shorting" is happening can result in permanent damage! 2) At this point, I turned my keyboard upside down and asked my wife for some help while I dried myself off. (Luckily humans do not suffer the same fate as keyboards from spilled milk :laughing:) 3)My initial goal was to get the board as dry as possible so I took all the keys off and let sit until dry. 4) After the board was dry I plugged it back in and everything was going haywire! After some online research this is due to the sugars inside of the spilled drink (chocolate milk). If the liquid had been water or something with less contaminants this may have been enough (difficult to say with certainty). 5) During my online research, I found someone that had a similar issue, they used High Percentage Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle and doused the keyboard, after letting it dry they claimed this work. So I did this and let it dry on a fan over night. In the morning I grabbed the board and it had extremely sticky keys, meaning the milk inside the mx switches was still present. This would not suffice for me...since my warranty was voided I decided to go all out. 6) I completely disassembled the board down to the front plate with all of the Cherry MX switches and the PCB. (see below for some pointers for disassembly) I think I would of been able to pop the PCB off the switches but I was scared to damage the board so I left them connected together. 7) I grabbed the box the keyboard was shipped to me in and lined it with a trash bag using tape to hold it down. Then I placed the PCB/MX switch plate inside and poured the entire 16fl oz of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol inside and "bathed" the board. I did not scrub it with anything other than friction by "swooshing" all the liquid around like a washing machine. 8) After about 10 minutes of this I took the PCB/MX switch plate out, shook it, placed it on an old shirt face down and pointed a fan at it. I stood it up in different positions and angles throughout the drying time so the fan can hit as much of it as possible. 9) After only about 4 hours of drying I plugged it in and to my surprise it worked! (This is because alcohol dries a lot faster than water) The best part is even the RGB background lighting works which was my biggest worry! Dissassembly Pointers -There is a hidden screw on the top right of your board, this prevents the full removal of the back plate. It is under the cap to the right of the volume cylinder, be gentle I broke mine taking it off but had a spare from an old K95 version. -There aren't that many types of screws so it is very difficult to mix them up. -There is two small PCBs on top of the keyboard, one for your macros/profiles and one for the multimedia buttons, I fully removed both of these. I didn't take any pictures but if enough people ask I can do this entire process on my old K95 which also had spill damage. I can take pictures throughout the disassembly/cleaning process. /thread
  4. Hello, I've ordered a Corsair RBG fan hub controller online and received it on the 5th November, after installing it on the same day, following the instructions, I've plugged my PC back in and as soon as I turned it on, a load of black smoke came out from behind the panel which made me turn it off immediately. After removing the panel more smoke came out which sounded the fire alarm and I've noticed that the SATA power cable from the controller has fully burnt down damaging my other cable components. (H150i pro hydro series cooler). If I return the product, do I get compensation for the damage the faulty product has caused? And what are my options. I've reported it to the corsair support members but they've not explained it clearly on what happens. I've shopped with corsair multiple times and never experienced a single problem until now.