• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 5 results

1. Hi everyone, My K40 is supposed to be n-key rollover. However, it generates wrong output when certain buttons are pressed simultaneously. Would Raptor owners be so kind to do a quick test for me, to see if more K40s (but also K50, etc.) have the issue? ================================ - Open Notepad - Make sure Num Lock is switched ON - Press the following keys simultaneously: - RIGHT arrow (just to the left of the keypad, so *NOT* the NUM-6 key) - NUM-4 - NUM-8 - ENTER (on the keypad) Please let me know the result in Notepad.* Thanks so much!! (* Expected result: a four, an eight and an ENTER... or multiples, depending how long you held each key) ================================ Short background info: I use the numpad for gaming (instead of WASD). But when I press the above keys together, my keyboard ALSO gives the wrong command '0' (zero). In other words, it's like I also press NUM-0, while I don't touch that key. I had to unbind the NUM-0 key, to prevent wrong actions from happening in-game. However, there are more combinations that lead to wrong output, e.g.: - NUM-4 - NUM-5 - NUM-8 - RIGHT arrow - ENTER ==> Will switch on/off Num lock (and suddenly I can't move anymore in-game). Or: - Page Down - NUM-8 - ENTER ==> Will output '3' (bound to 'throw grenade'). You might understand random grenade throws get old, very fast 😉 I contacted Corsair support, but they don't understand the problem either and don't have a K40 to test with. They tried to help me quite well, but when they found out my keyboard is from 2015, the Tech Support Supervisor said: "It's possible the keyboard is nearing the end of it's life and not functioning as it's supposed to." Personally, I don't believe this is the root cause; it feels like a firmware issue to me, but there's no way to prove it without your help. Also, they offered me a 15% discount on a new product, though, but I definitely won't buy another Corsair keyboard without knowing if more models have the issue. If you reached this point, thanks so much for reading it all and your help!
  2. Bonjour à tous, Comme en 2017, mon clavier Corsair K40 fait des siennes. Après quelques mois de bons et loyaux services sous Windows 10, mon clavier à décidé de planter : les 3 LEDs clignotent et il est détecté comme "KBD BOOT LOADER" dans la liste des périphériques et imprimantes du panneau de configuration. Comme dit plus haut, j'ai déjà eu ce problème en 2017 sous Windows 7. Le problème est connu, la solution aussi : il faut flasher le firmware du clavier. Comme en 2017, j'ai contacté le SAV Corsair et comme en 2017 c'est la foire à la mauvaise foi. On me dit d'abord que le clavier n'est pas compatible Windows 10, ce qui est faut puisqu'il fonctionnait très bien depuis mars. Puis que le programme pour flasher le firmware n'est pas compatible Windows 10. Pour enfin m'informer que Corsair ne peut pas m'envoyer le dit programme : il semblerait qu'ils l'aient perdu :mad: On soulignera leur incompétence en plus de leur mauvaise foi. J'en appelle donc à la communauté : est-ce que quelqu'un aurait la bonté d'âme de fournir à Corsair, et à moi même par la même occasion, le fameux programme permettant de flasher le clavier ? Merci !
  3. Hello to everyone, Few days ago I faced a big problem with my Corsair Raptor K40. The LED were almost all shutdown, it wasn't recognized anymore by the software and the most annoying thing : the LED for CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK... kept flashing. I saw in my Control Panel that the Keyboard was now recognized by Windows as a "KBD Boot Loader". So I tried to search for a solution on the whole internet, but nobody seemed to have the solution. I got even more worried when I came across this post from Corsair : Windows 10 Compatibility I also read somewhere what upgrading to Windows 10 would cause such problem but actually, I managed to make my Keyboard works again. So this solution is certainly mostly dedicated for people owning this Keyboard and having upgraded to Windows 10. 1. Download the last software and driver from the website of Corsair : Link 2. Install the software on your PC. 3. Now, go into your Control Panel 4. Go inside the section "View devices and printers". You should see your keyboard with the name "KBD Boot Loader" 5. Right-click on it and click on Properties 6. Inside the Properties, go in the Hardware section. You should see two device functions : HID Keyboard Device and USB Input Device. 7. Select the USB Input Device and click on "Properties". 8. Click on "Change Settings" and then go in the "Driver" Section. At this point, you should see this : http://i.imgur.com/faeo8Hu.png 9. Here, you have to click on Update driver. 10. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software". 11. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" 12. Click on "Have Disk" and then click on "Browse" for the next window. 13. Here, you have to find a special file inside the software you installed. This is the path I have : C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\K40 firmware update\Driver\X64 (If you have a 32bits version of Windows, select the X86 folder instead) You'll have to select the file "CORK40.inf" http://i.imgur.com/hFJUqhK.png 14. Press "OK" to validate the installation. Now back in the Hardware properties of the device, the "USB Input Device" should have turned into "Corsair K40 Gaming Keyboard". 15. Now select the HID Keyboard Device and click on "Properties". 16. Click on "Change settings". 17. Go in the Driver section and click on "Uninstall". Validate every message of Windows coming for this uninstallation 18. Now, in the Hardware section there should be only the "Corsair K40 Gaming Keyboard" remaining even if your keyboard will still shows as "KBD Boot Loader". Don't worry we're almost done ! 19. Install the "K40FwUpdate" file. Once it's done, the updater should show up. 20. Launch the update action on your keyboard (which should be recognized now) and wait for it to install his files. 21. You're done ! Your keyboard should (magically) lights up again ! I don't know if it could work on other keyboards from the K series, but I hope it'll help people :).
  4. Built new PC, plugged in my Corsair mouse and KB. All works okay but I want the driver so I can sort out the RGB and macros. But, no driver online! Going through Support>Downloads, putting in Gaming Keyboards and K40 or Raptor yields no results. I just keep getting iCUE but that doesn't work. Come on Corsair sort this out. You cannot tell me you no longer support this keyboard!
  5. I have been searching the internet for days, and put in a support ticket with Corsair, but I am having zero luck finding anything. I have been having issues for just about a year now (hasn't bothered me until now as I had everything setup in another room for VR so I ahevn't used it) with the profiles and backlighting not working at all. I have to reinstall the gaming software on my PC every single time I restart or log off in order for it to work again and it is driving me to insanity. Now if I can't even get a fix from Corsair I'll be giving this keyboard away and finding something else. Has ANYONE else had issue like this? I have tried all fixes for every model Corsair has in a last ditch attempt while waiting for Corsair to get back to me but nothing has worked. It would bother me even less if my macros still worked but they don't, it's almost like the keyboard doesn't actually reconnect to the software yet I can still use it.