• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

1. Hi everyone! I just bought new rm850e PSU and almost right away started noticing weird noise. First, I read that the fan shouldn't even start spinning unless there's some serious load - in this case, even if everything is closed down and it's just the windows desktop, the fan periodically turns on. All other fans on the build are going on low rpm's or just idling. Second, once the PSU's fan starts spinning, it makes quite a loud sound, which to me makes it seem that there's something wrong there mechanically. I searched online and couldn't find the exact loudness issue with the same sound so I would be happy if someone could tell me if this is the expected noise for normally working PSU fan, or if I should rather take it back to the seller. Below is the video with the sound in question, captured on phone: https://photos.app.goo.gl/g3dBanBtUCjhqCqY7 Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Hello, I have a RM1000x 80+ gold PSU and an 7900 xtx. With my power supply, I was given there PCIe cables with 2 bits that split at the end of them (pigtails???). Is it alright to use 1 cable and half of another cable. I've seen posts about not to use dual cables because it can mess things up. Don't want to somehow damage my expensive GPU. These are the only PCIe (3, all the same) cables I was given. Advice would be much appreciated because I'm scared to plug them into my GPU. Or is there some other correct way of doing this? My GPU has 16 pins or 3 x 8 pins. Sorry I am noob. Or is there a way to buy 3 compatible SINGLE CONNECTORS PCIe cables that will work fine with my system and where can I buy them (link of some kind), thanks to anyone that can help me.
  3. Hi! I noticed that my computer occasionally emits a faint rattling nosie and after a bit of tracking I narrowed it down to the PSU (RM1000e) fan. The noise is generated when the fan spins up and goes away quickly after. It's not loud enough to be immediately concerning, but it's pretty annoying as it's clearly audible over my case fans when idling even with headphones on. I'm curious if this is normal and something I just need to get used to, or if it's something that'd be covered under warranty. Alternatively if there is a way to disable the "zero RPM mode" and keep the fan spinning constantly that'd also help with making it a great deal less annoying. Unforunately I've found no such function in the manual. Video attached:
  4. So i just finished building my first system ever, with a 'rm1000x shift' PSU, in a '4000d airflow' case. I dont know if i did something wrong but i had to push quite hard to get the side panel on, because the cables were sticking out so far... Everything is working fine (i hope it keeps working), but i didnt like that i had to push quite hard for the panel to get on. Did i do something wrong or is this normal?
  5. Have AX1600i that has USB, but inside PSU has a weird connector and 2 x 4 pin ports (not sure if they're PMBus). Would like to hook it up to Asus WRX80 PSU_SMB 5pin port on MB Attached a is picture of teardown of AX1600i that shows the control board with ports in question. Besides corsair link / iCUE, does AX1600i support PMBus / PSU SMB?
  6. So I was wondering if I could change the fan in the Corsair HX1500i ATX 3.0 PSU to a Corsair AF140 RGB Elite system fan and hook it up to my Commander Core XT and will that work fine? I dunno if parts are swappable like that but I wanna keep my fans consistent.
  7. Hey everyone, We've got an absolutely unique addition to our PSU lineup, the RMx SHIFT Series! On top of being our first Type 5 PSU, the RMx SHIFT sports an innovative design where the modular connections are easier than ever to access. Here are a few quick highlights: With the combination of our Type 5 Gen 1 micro-fit cables and the RMx SHIFT's innovative design, cable management and routing is an absolute breeze - especially for future upgrades. Intel® ATX 3.0 Certified, supporting the PCIe Gen 5 platform and ready for the latest and greatest hardware! With a 140mm fan, 105°C-Rated Japanese electrolytic capacitors, and 80 PLUS Gold Certification, the RMx SHIFT is designed and constructed to endure years of use - and we're backing this with a 10-year warranty! Click the following for more information: RMx SHIFT (750W, 850W, 1000W, 1200W). We've put together a quick FAQ below: Q: Does the RMx SHIFT PSU come with a 12VHPWR power cable? A: Yes, all RMx SHIFT models include a 16-pin (12+4) cable that provides up to 600 watts of power. You can make sure you're getting the appropriate PSU model (especially wattage) for your system with our PC Builder! Q: Is the RMx SHIFT PSU compatible with CORSAIR cases? What about non-CORSAIR cases? CORSAIR Cases – CORSAIR 220T, 275R, 465x, 500D, 570x, 680x, 1000D, and 4000/5000/7000 Series. Non-CORSAIR Cases – A minimum 30mm of clearance from connector side of PSU to the back side panel of your case. Q: What’s the difference between Type 4 and Type 5 cables? A: Type 4 modular connectors are physically larger than then newer Type 5 connectors and are not backwards compatible. You will not be able to use any Type 4 cables on a Type 5 PSU. Curious to know what you guys think? Is this something you look forward to building with? Let us know!
  8. I have put in a ticket regarding RMA for my PSU as it died and smelt like burning killing power on the house switchboard, with no OC on anything after running fine for months before. how long can i expect it to take for corsair to reply as its coming up to a week now? RMA Ticket No.: 2006337979
  9. Hello i recently upgraded my gpu to a strix 3080 ti that has 3 pcie power connector but my CX750F only came with 2 pcie cables i had a spare pcie cable from my old cx650m (2017 model?) but the pinout seems to be different here is a photo of the pcie cable connectors from both psu (left side: cx750f; right side:cx650m) so can i use my old cx650m pcie cable on my cx750f? as i need an extra pcie cable. Thankyou guys!
  10. Hey there, So I just build a new PC this week and after using it over the last 3 or 4 days it's been great. Until tonight when I was doing some light gaming before work there was a noise that seemed to just come out of nowhere in the middle of me afk in a game. After doing a bit of investigating me and my brother are both convinced it is the fan within the psu (RM1000X (2021)) I took a couple of videos for reference. The first is about a min after it started and while I was still under a load, the second is after shutting the PC down and booting up. Video1: Video2: I had to leave for work so I wasn't able to swap it out and use a spare PSU I have to verify it 100% thought I would post on here and see what yall think. Also worth mentioning this is less than a week old and I'll probably return for a replacement from amazon.
  11. Hello, I have a hx850i PSU that I have used in China for the past two years. I just moved back to Canada, and I realized the power cable that goes into the wall is different than the one we would use in Canada. I don't know if the models are even different between NA and China (I assume they would be the same other than the power cable provided?) My question is, can I just buy a new power cable that has the same voltage and amps as the one included (10A 250V), and use that instead of the chinese one? Or if that can't work, should I just buy a power adapter and plug my chinese cable into it? I have looked through several reddit posts and a lot of people are saying different things, so I'm not sure what to believe. Thanks!
  12. Just got a RM850e and 4090, and the 4090 wants 3 seperate VGA cables (no daisy chain), but the PSU only came with 1 solo and a daisy chain, so i dont have enough to power my 4090 the recommended way. There is an additional CPU cable with the PSU, can I just use that? Can i order another GPU cable?
  13. I just completed my first PC build and used a RM1000e PSU. (Ryzen 9 7900x, RX6700xt GPU, ASUS X670e /wifi mobo, corsair H150i AIO cooler, RAM SSD etc etc) I went through the motions of updating the BIOS/drivers on a Windows 11 Home OS. At some point this PSU decided to ignore the fact that it is a Zero RPM fan which is only supposed to kick on at about 40% load and now just runs at full pelt from startup. I've spent several hours searching the web for an answer/clue and didn't get very far. Tried opening a ticket with Corsairs little chat bot and am still waiting three days later. This fan, supposedly a low noise fan for near silent operation, runs at about 40-42 dB straight out the gate. This is regardless of what I'm doing (BIOS, windows home screen, working, gaming, watching cat videos on YT) So, either the PSU is defective in some way (temp sensor?), there is a setting that is incorrect (would not surprise me...) or it doesn't like me and wants me to yeet it out of a window. Any ideas would be welcome
  14. I've just upgraded my system to a 4080 & new HX1000 Corsair PSU. NZXT H7 elite case & fastgear 12vhpwr adapter. When the PC starts to have a load on it, the whining from the PSU begins. It's almost like a constant buzzing or very fast clicking. This did not happen on my previous evga 750w model. What could be the cause? For context, I have a 2700x AMD cpu, 16gb vengeance ram. The PSU I ordered from Amazon had a torn label on the shipping box itself. At the time I thought nothing of it, but now perhaps it's a unit someone returned and Amazon have shipped it out again? I ordered a fastgear Corsair 12vhpwr adapter because of a potential issue with the adapter provided with the 4080. I haven't tried this supplied adapter, I don't initially think the issue is because of the adapter cable. The PSU didn't come with a mains lead. I reused my old EVGA one. I didn't think this would be an issue though as those things seem to be pretty universal. So far I've seen a few "solutions": 1. Bad wiring in home, try the PC on a different circuit. (if it didn't work for the previous PSU, does that not still count here?? I haven't really got the ability to test another circuit ATM) 2. "Dirty" mains supply. Again, the old PSU no issue. I've ordered a kettle lead with ferrite bead on it to see if adding this filter would help. 3. The PSU itself needs RMA'd. I'd really rather not do this, I spent £200 and it'd leave me without a PSU for my PC till I got a new unit. 4. It's normal Psus make a whining noise. (I hope not because this can pierce through my headset) I've actually had a Corsair cx650 PSU die on me and take out a motherboard with it. I tried Corsair this time around again as people seem to rate them as having quality PSUs but this seems to be 2 for 2 for issues at the minute. Hoping there's an easy fix or further testing I can do to narrow down what's causing it.
  15. I just upgraded my PSU to a brand new Corsair HX1000i and upon startup i have noticed constant clicks at low power, ( very similar to the relay sound but constant every 2-3 seconds in intervals ). I have read about many new units that do this but it really doesn't seem faulty ( atleast i hope not ). The clicking occurs always below 200w load and does dissapear when above 200w in high loads. Any ideas? There is no fan rattle, and i did check the fan. It sounds like the relay is constantly changing! But i just wanna be sure. Do i need to send it back? or it's ok for a while? I really need this PC for work and i really need to rely on so can't really be constantly swapping PSU's to test new Corsair ones in case i buy the last gen HX1000i. CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x GPU: RTX 3080 12g ( Suprim X ) Mobo: B550 Aorus pro v2 PSU: Corsair HX1000i - upgraded from a 750w Gold one ( other brand ).
  16. I bought a RMX 1200 shift PSU. It's yet to be delivered. I have noticed it comes with one dual8pin to 12VHPWR & one native 12VHPWR cable. But there's no 12VHPWR port in the PSU. Where does the cable go in?
  17. So I'm the idiot who forgot to check what generation his PSU was before ordering a 12VHPWR cable for his new 4090. I have an AX1000 Titanium PSU that uses type 3 cables. Can I safely use the Type 4 12VHPWR cable with it? The keying on the PSU side looks to be the same but I don't want to risk it. I was running triple PCIE cables direct to a 3090 before. Thanks.
  18. Like the title says, I'm trying to figure out how many PCiE 8 pin connectors are on this specific power supply: HX Series™ HX1200 — 1200 Watt 80 PLUS® PLATINUM Certified Fully Modular PSU (corsair.com) The product page says 8 total PCiE connectors and it appears there are 2x 6 pin connectors and 6x 8 pin connectors, but the actual PSU is labeled as if there are only 3x 8 pin PCiE and the other 3x 8 pins are CPU. It's my understanding that PCiE and CPU 8 pins aren't interchangeable, hence my confusion. Are those 6x 8 pins actually interchangeable and the cable does a conversion for the correct output? Uh extra context I guess, I'm asking because I need a 12VHPWR cable and I'm trying to figure out if I can get a 4 way connector, or if I have to settle for a 3 way.
  19. Hello, I've build a new setup with the "SF750 — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Platinum", everything is working fine. Except when i start it (cold start, not on restart). When i press the button to start the conputer it starts (with an audioable click) its working for a second and then restarts. (again with an audioable click). And then its working as expected with no other issues. 1. Is it normal that when its starts, its making this click nosie? (i've noticed its doing this click also when it turned off) 2. Why its alwayes restarting after the first start? Thanks!
  20. Hello I have a ati Radeon r9 390 gpu arriving shortly. Now my PSU only has a slot for one pci-e cable but the cable I have has got 2x 6+2 connectors will that be enough? Or will I need a separate cable. As I only have one slot for pci-e I don’t know if I can fit another pci cable on.
  21. Hi I could not select Legacy PSU forum, so ask my question here. My system spec: HX850i PSU, Asus Maximus X Hero mobo and Strix 2080 OC VGA My question is, this PSU is protected against the Inductive Flyback (Voltage Spike) issue?! I ask this question because after PC complete shutdown (fans stops) when I turn off PSU from it back switch the VGA LEDs (I mark them by white arrows) are On and Off for a bit moment! Is this harmful for my PC? I always turn off PC by this switch. I think this happens because Inductive Flyback. Thanks
  22. I recently custom built my pc and it was working fibe for months. However, it has now started to turn off my house electrics randomly when is on standby. I got the power supply replaced yesterday as I thought it might be the psu thats tge issue as when I plugged it in on its own it turned my electrics off. However, after only a few days it started doing it again. Could it be an issue with one of the fans or a faulty socket?
  23. Hi all, I have the above and a 3090 but I am concerned after seeing various videos now suggesting buying an ATX 3.0 PSU? Will the 600W PCIE 5.0 12VHPWR TYPE-4 PSU POWER CABLE be enough to resolve the issue, is my PSU compatible etc? Thanks
  24. When will corsair break the radio silence on ATX3.0 power supplies? Theyre one of the big players in the space and even have the legendary Johnny Guru in house, yet its been a complete blackout about when these important power supplies will be coming. Wither the Corsair ATX3.0 power supplies??!