Corsair Community

New H70 Pump noise and speed jumping up and down.

jkaren

My bought my new H70 at April, but I never use it until last week I try to replace it with my H50 for better cooling. but after I installed it I find out the H70 pump getting noise and I check inside the bios the pump speed is going up and now. I thought I didn't monunt the pump correctly which I double check it but is not. I try to move the tube close to the pump, but its unable to moved it and had some glue on it, looks like the glue from inside the pump. and theres small water leaking wet the tube that close the pump. I try to request an RMA by filling out form, but still no reply by Corsair. should I take the H70 off my computer or it's ok to keep using it? Only 5 minutes happy with the H70, so frustrated...

• Corsair Employee

What is the speed showing and how much does it change?

Changing a few hundred RMA every few seconds is not uncommon especially if you live in an area where the line power is not that stable.

The pump Speed 1436RPM and going down to 1230RPM rapidly...it should be radiator not have enough water inside casing pump shaking and noise, and one of the tube near the pump has a little leaking...I put my H50 back lastnight with a new fan everything works perfect...I am not a new customer to corsair, I have 1000HX PSU for two years now still running perfect, P128 SSD 2 years right now never have any problem. 8GB of DOMINATOR with fan no have problem at all. H50 Cooler (first generation) for a year right now still good just need to replace fan. I even upgrade my laptop with 8GB CORSAIR vS8GSDSKKIT800D2 running perfectly!

Archived