Corsair Community

Defect HX850W?

Garnez

Hi there!

Recieved my HX 850W PSU today (togheter with the corsair obsidian 800D and H50, fun times!), but now during boot up i get a message that i need to check my voltages. So i went into bios and noticed the following:

Name & V

Vcore = 4.16V

3.3V = 4.08V

5V = 6.85V

12V = 16.32V

Is something wrong with the PSU or did perhaps i mess something up? For the record i have not overclocked anything.

Thanks in advance

Garnez

Thank you for the fast reply!

I dont got that good knowledge about PSU's, which cables can i do the measurements on?

The only real difference between my new and old build is that i now got more fans connected to the MB fan connectors (before i had them connected with regular 4-pin connectors), can this make a difference?

Regards

Garnez

A small update:

Did a crashcourse in measuring voltages, i then measured with a multimeter and indeed they where correct.

Since it worked before changing psu, chassi and puting in the H50 cooler i tried plugging the old psu back in (Corsair TX750W), and it still didn't work.

I then noticed while logged in on my linux OS that my cpu load was high, and my logs where geting spamed by this error everytime temps and voltages was geting fetched:

Apr 24 15:58:13 garnez-desktop kernel: [ 256.274710] ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.ASOC.RTMP] (Node ffff88012ba42a60), AE_AML_INFINITE_LOOP

Apr 24 15:58:13 garnez-desktop kernel: [ 256.274742] ATK0110 ATK0110:00: atk_read_value_old: ACPI exception: AE_AML_INFINITE_LOOP

So it seems quite possible that the chip ATK0110 is not functioning anymore, thats the chip bios etc is supposed to fetch the info from if i'm not misstaking.

So in the end it's perhaps time to bug my wife for a total upgrade, sorry for waisting your time and wish me luck. :P

Archived