Corsair Community

Commander pro Fans get choppy after a while

After I start the PC the fans are quite for a while. After a while the fans start to fluctuate in rpm and the whole system starts to produce a windy noise under 1000 rpm. 6 ql120 fans split on 3 channels and 3 ql140 fans on the other 3 channels. As I read in this board it should be a problem to split them. After turning the 6 Ql120 off the QL140 are still choppy and fluctuating no problem with the Ql120.

if i put the ql140 on 3pin mode in the settings of the commander everything is okey but they only spin on 600 rpm.

Any ideas ?

unknown-1.thumb.png.a1898a95dafd0e894ca881de79dbad10.png

unknown.thumb.png.4a972d410ae526753d679f6b51996f46.png

Edited by KBhamm

This is normal for both scenarios. With the PWM you are getting the pulses vs the polling and it creates those little estimated RPM ripples 751-749-756-748... etc. The way CUE displays the condensed range makes them look sizeable. Your variance in that picture is only 10 rpm.

In DC mode it's straight voltage regulation so you get the flat bar with far less frequent changes.

This is normal for both scenarios. With the PWM you are getting the pulses vs the polling and it creates those little estimated RPM ripples 751-749-756-748... etc. The way CUE displays the condensed range makes them look sizeable. Your variance in that picture is only 10 rpm.

In DC mode it's straight voltage regulation so you get the flat bar with far less frequent changes.

But is it that noisy ? :-0

My box seems to barely move over ambient so the fans tend to be static at idle.

I only have 5 fans to contend with so my Commander Pro can have 1 fan per channel fine

More fans suggest using a second Commander Pro or a separate fan controller