Corsair Community

Red triangle vengeance rgb pro

Ive bought a set of 2x16GB Rgb sticks and the day i installed them they worked flawless.

I was able to set the rgb pattern that matched my system and didnt have any issue's regarding the RGB the entire day/evening.

The next day i booted up my system and noticed the RGB wasnt doing its thing.

Opened up ICue and sure enough i also have the red triangle next to the Ram.

Went online and found out this is a common issue with these sticks and found threads dating back to 2018.

Ive tried the suggestions i could find like forcing an update, reinstalling Icue, removing Dragon center to see if the RGB controllers were having issue's but none of this has worked.

How is this still a thing after 2 full years?.

whenever i get the red triangle and i restart Icue the sticks dissapear completly and i cant even set the rgb to anything else so its stuck on something that doesnt match one bit and its WAY to bright.

I know i can set them (in the limited time i have before the red triangle comes up) to something more appropiate with the Limitid software control mode on and have them revert to that whenever they fail to being recognized but this shouldnt be happening in the first place and i didnt buy these sticks to just glow red (or whatever ) the entire time.

I have multiple Corsair adressable RGB fans and the HX150 rgb pro and never had any issues with them in Icue so i was really suprised after i found out this is considered "normal" behaviour for these vengeance sticks ?

Edited by gamer4life

• Corsair Employee
You most likely have conflicting RGB controlling software installed and running. Also make sure your BIOS is running the latest version. Would also be helpful to know your current system specs since what you currently list would have been from when you originally created your account back in 2005.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah the specs are a bit outdated to say the least haha, i actually made an effort to change it but when i completed the list i saw you had to save every step and so nothing changed.

I got the issue fixed a few days ago after i gave it some rest and tried again.

Like before i uninstalled everything related to rgb, and downloaded a older version of Icue after i found some threads and links from people with the same issue's.

This version didnt recognize my HX150 rgb cooler but the ram didnt error out, not even after waking up from "sleep mode".

Ran this for a few days to make sure the RGB kept doing its thing and then took the shot at updating Icue from within the program itself.

Ran the updater and since then it works fine. my HX150 came back and the Ram doesnt bug out anymore.

My motherboard is MSI so i have to deal with dragon center and mystic light but these dont seem to mind running side by side with Icue.

I uninstalled evertyhing related to MSI in the beginning when i tried to fix the red triangle next to the ram and only after i got that fixed i reinstalled MSI's software again and stripped them down to the bare minimum like i had before.

In the end i dont really know what fixed it as everything is now the exact same as before version and firmware wise but its fixed for sure.

Edit: well it some sort of karma because a few hours after i posted this the red triangle is back, didnt change or update anything, they just stopped working again lol.

Went back to the older version and tried the same route as i did before but sadly this time it didnt work.

I will give up for now as its a bit frustrating to get these sticks to cooperate.

I

Edited by gamer4life

Latest iCue release has introduced a similar issue also here...

In my rig I solved the problem disabling full lighting control in iCue for the RAM.

So far, no more red triangle... but also effects on while booting, I'd prefer RGB off.

Baio

• Corsair Employee
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah the specs are a bit outdated to say the least haha, i actually made an effort to change it but when i completed the list i saw you had to save every step and so nothing changed.

I got the issue fixed a few days ago after i gave it some rest and tried again.

Like before i uninstalled everything related to rgb, and downloaded a older version of Icue after i found some threads and links from people with the same issue's.

This version didnt recognize my HX150 rgb cooler but the ram didnt error out, not even after waking up from "sleep mode".

Ran this for a few days to make sure the RGB kept doing its thing and then took the shot at updating Icue from within the program itself.

Ran the updater and since then it works fine. my HX150 came back and the Ram doesnt bug out anymore.

My motherboard is MSI so i have to deal with dragon center and mystic light but these dont seem to mind running side by side with Icue.

I uninstalled evertyhing related to MSI in the beginning when i tried to fix the red triangle next to the ram and only after i got that fixed i reinstalled MSI's software again and stripped them down to the bare minimum like i had before.

In the end i dont really know what fixed it as everything is now the exact same as before version and firmware wise but its fixed for sure.

Edit: well it some sort of karma because a few hours after i posted this the red triangle is back, didnt change or update anything, they just stopped working again lol.

Went back to the older version and tried the same route as i did before but sadly this time it didnt work.

I will give up for now as its a bit frustrating to get these sticks to cooperate.

I

The cause is going to be attempting to run Dragon Center and iCUE at the same time. They both will try to connect to the memory and attempt to control it causing a conflict. You will need to make sure you have Dragon Center completely closed before starting iCUE if you wish to have the control in the iCUE software.

You also may run into another issue with Dragon Center and Corsair devices when you close iCUE, which is everything defaulting to red. To disable that in iCUE you would need to disable the SDK in settings if you wish to keep Dragon Center installed. Otherwise if you wish to take advantage of the RGB integration with specific games, etc... you will actually need to completely remove Dragon Center if you are running into the issue of every device defaulting to red when you close iCUE.

It ran fine for 4 days with both programs installed and like i said i stripped down Dragon center to the bone and it isnt even running.

I went as far as installing a new os on a hdd i had laying around and only installed ICue but even on the first launch the red triangle popped up.

there are thousands and thousands of people having the exact same issue as me and i dont believe they all have dragon center or any kind of program that messes up these sticks.

Something just isnt right with these sticks and ive returned them, i normally dont give up that easy but reading posts dating back to 2018 didnt really help in giving these sticks another chance.

So... let’s see if I got it the right way.

Asus motherboard here, if I want iCue to control my mobo, I need both SDK and Enable plug-in options checked and Aura installed.

But doing so (and enabling full memory control) gives me red triangle on my RAM.

So if I want full RAM control (needed to turn off RGB when iCue is not working), I need to give up main board control.

Good, but not so good...

Baio

• Corsair Employee
So... let’s see if I got it the right way.

Asus motherboard here, if I want iCue to control my mobo, I need both SDK and Enable plug-in options checked and Aura installed.

But doing so (and enabling full memory control) gives me red triangle on my RAM.

So if I want full RAM control (needed to turn off RGB when iCue is not working), I need to give up main board control.

Good, but not so good...

Baio

The last stable build of AURA Sync, not Armoury Crate, will need to be installed but not running. If it is running in the background it will conflict and cause the red triangle issue. If you have Armoury Crate installed to get the AURA lighting service you will need to utilize the Armoury Crate Uninstaller Tool, it is a separate download from Asus, to remove Armoury Crate as the latest build of that for some reason broke compatibility with their own plugin that is utilized for the motherboard RGB integration. Also the latest build of Armoury Crate for some reason is really aggressive when attempting to control RGB memory even when it is not actually running but its services are, and this will also cause the red triangle issue.

You can get the latest stable AURA build from the link below but if you click the big DOWNLOAD button it will just download the Armoury Crate installer. You will need to click the smaller link at the bottom 1.07.79_V2.2.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The last stable build of AURA Sync, not Armoury Crate, will need to be installed but not running. If it is running in the background it will conflict and cause the red triangle issue. If you have Armoury Crate installed to get the AURA lighting service you will need to utilize the Armoury Crate Uninstaller Tool, it is a separate download from Asus, to remove Armoury Crate as the latest build of that for some reason broke compatibility with their own plugin that is utilized for the motherboard RGB integration. Also the latest build of Armoury Crate for some reason is really aggressive when attempting to control RGB memory even when it is not actually running but its services are, and this will also cause the red triangle issue.

You can get the latest stable AURA build from the link below but if you click the big DOWNLOAD button it will just download the Armoury Crate installer. You will need to click the smaller link at the bottom 1.07.79_V2.2.

Thanks for your replay.

I went trough the process you described but got no luck.

I uninstalled Aura and install again the version you linked, then set up iCue but still get red triangle with Enable Full Control and SDK on. And the effect I set is stuck on the RAM.

Didn't start Aura and I don't have it in my running tasks or active services. Does it start some service with different name?

To get everything up back to work I need to kil any Corsair-related task and launch it again.

Baio

Edited by Baio

• 2 weeks later...

I face the same issue, I don't have MSI software, I have an ASUS PRIME X570 PRO. After several hours the memory RGB is not controllable anymore even with Asus Lightning Control uninstalled. But if I don't install lightning service, I also cannot control my ASUS lightning anymore with iCue.

And I don't believe it is an USB issue, somehow the firmware crashes on the memory sticks. After reboot, or firmware flash of memory, the RGB comes alive again.

The only stable is to disable the Software lightning control.

• 9 months later...