Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2020, 11:33 AM
th3darklady's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1053060
th3darklady Reputation: 10
Default Potential Fix for iCue.exe application error on shutdown

So I recently updated to the newest version of iCUE as I had purchased the H150i pump for my computer. However, once I upgraded I was getting that dreaded error message in shutdown. I read through the very limited posts and most mentioned that Asus sound card fix. I don’t have that Xonar driver so this wasn’t the problem for me. I read somewhere else that running the program in administrator mode removes the error on shutdown but the iCUE software wouldn’t automatically start up when you turned on the computer. I believe I found a fix and I have tested it multiple times with the same results.

So most people when they go to set the software in administrator mode they do so through the C drive and program files. However I noticed that when you go to the startup tab in task manager the iCUE properties listed there doesn’t match the one in program files. (As in when check the box in the iCUE software in program files to run in administrator mode when you compare it to the properties tab for the iCUE software in the startup tab it was not checked.) So instead of running administrator mode from the iCUE software listed in program files, make the changes to the one listed in the startup tab. Once you do this you can shutdown without the error message and when you turn on your computer iCUE starts up with no issues automatically.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited by th3darklady; 07-06-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Struggling iCue Fan
Metazolid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1057285
Metazolid Reputation: 10

To summarize the solutions offered to solve the shutdown/reboot bug The instruction at 0x000000005FC4030B reference memory at 0x000000003ED0860. The memory could not be read.

It's common for users with Xonar Soundcards, installing a 3rd party driver could fix the issue (http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/)

If it doesn't, go to your boot driver C:\Windows\SysWOW64, here you'll find a HsMgr.exe file.
Hsmgr.exe is a driver component for Asus, Auzentech, Creative and other sound cards. If you run it as Admin, the error will disappear.
Do this by right clicking it > Properties > Compatibility > Change settings for all users > Run this program as an administrator.

Now just restart your system. The error won't be there anymore the next time you reboot or shut it down.

      👉 𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒘𝒂𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 👈

Last edited by Metazolid; 08-11-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:25 AM

POST ID # = 1060845
Sasskitten Reputation: 10

I had just had this problem today. I tried or was going to try the thing Metazolid tried then noticed I didn't have whatever an Hsmgr is and as I was sitting here it occurred to me that the last time I ever ran into a file error problem was when I had gotten my windows vista and had installed the first sims game on it. It wasn't letting me play it because of a file something error (Don't remember exactly what it was called it had been ages ago.) I thought let me do the same thing. This is what I did step by step.

I right clicked on the iCUE icon on my desktop.
I clicked properties.
I clicked comparability
I scrolled to what windows I needed it to be compatible with and checked the box then hit apply.

and as a test I restarted my computer and it works just fine. Started up fine and no more annoying error thing.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:08 AM

POST ID # = 1061146
Mortac Reputation: 10

I'm having the same issue and have been having it for a long time.

Not to mention iQUE randomly closes itself.

iQUE is crap. Won't buy Corsair ever again unless they get their act together.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:39 AM

POST ID # = 1061528
Sasskitten Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortac View Post
I'm having the same issue and have been having it for a long time.

Not to mention iQUE randomly closes itself.

iQUE is crap. Won't buy Corsair ever again unless they get their act together.

Did you try to run it in compatibility mode?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:53 AM
armablign's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1065611
armablign Reputation: 10

TO ANYONE COMING ACROSS THIS IN THE FUTURE!
HERE WAS MY SOLUTION

I firstly, (Re)Downloaded the the "asus xonar dgx audio" Software from the OFFICIAL Asus Website. This solved it for me.

Second Solution!
Go to 'Task Manager', go to the "Startup" tab, locate the "iCue" program, right click it, and select "Properties", then "Compatibility" tab, then at the bottom select "Change Settings for all users" (This is better for startup procedures), then 'check' the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then select Windows 8 (or 7 maybe)".
If the second step does not work, try selecting "Run this program as administrator", if you get annoying startup promts for the program to have access to run as admin, please undo this step.

This is what fix worked for me, and I hope anyone searching for the problem, can find this, and maybe it works for them.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:54 AM
Boight's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066637
Boight Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Metazolid's post #24 fixed it for me. Thanks Bud!

Well.. it came back after I changed Account control to wide open. (off)

So.. now I've changed syswow's hsmanager to win 8 compatibility and admin mode and Icue to win 8 compatibility and admin mode. Both accessed from taskmanager startup.
I haven't had to change my Xonar driver though.

So far.... so good.

Last edited by Boight; 10-26-2020 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066656
Corsair CJ Reputation: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazolid View Post
To summarize the solutions offered to solve the shutdown/reboot bug The instruction at 0x000000005FC4030B reference memory at 0x000000003ED0860. The memory could not be read.

It's common for users with Xonar Soundcards, installing a 3rd party driver could fix the issue (http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/)

If it doesn't, go to your boot driver C:\Windows\SysWOW64, here you'll find a HsMgr.exe file.
Hsmgr.exe is a driver component for Asus, Auzentech, Creative and other sound cards. If you run it as Admin, the error will disappear.
Do this by right clicking it > Properties > Compatibility > Change settings for all users > Run this program as an administrator.

Now just restart your system. The error won't be there anymore the next time you reboot or shut it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armablign View Post
TO ANYONE COMING ACROSS THIS IN THE FUTURE!
HERE WAS MY SOLUTION

I firstly, (Re)Downloaded the the "asus xonar dgx audio" Software from the OFFICIAL Asus Website. This solved it for me.

Second Solution!
Go to 'Task Manager', go to the "Startup" tab, locate the "iCue" program, right click it, and select "Properties", then "Compatibility" tab, then at the bottom select "Change Settings for all users" (This is better for startup procedures), then 'check' the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then select Windows 8 (or 7 maybe)".
If the second step does not work, try selecting "Run this program as administrator", if you get annoying startup promts for the program to have access to run as admin, please undo this step.

This is what fix worked for me, and I hope anyone searching for the problem, can find this, and maybe it works for them.
Thanks for sharing these solutions!

If you have a customer/technical support question please post a thread in the appropriate section of the forum or submit a ticket here:
CORSAIR Support Portal
CORSAIR Hydro X Series Tutorial Playlist
CORSAIR iCUE Software Tutorial Playlist
Info/Diagrams for Setting Up CORSAIR RGB Fans, Strips, ETC
iCUE NEXUS Guides and Resources

Old 10-28-2020, 10:59 PM
Hierarch's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067422
Hierarch Reputation: 10

Facing the same issue as everyone else. But I dont have a Xonar Soundcard and do not wish to download the driver just for icue to work. From my own testing, starting icue as administrator seem to remove the error when shutting down.

Corsair needs to address this as it this bug has been there since last year