Corsair Community

H115i PRO RGB 0 RPM not working

Tobalex

I recently bought the new H115i Pro RGB and it's mostly working really well. The only thing that is not working is the 0 RPM mode.

I am not using the original fans but that shouldn't matter right? Currently the fans are just set to a really low speed when i am activating the 0RPM mode.

I plan to cool my pc completly passively when it is idling.

Any suggestions?:confused:

It might matter, since not all fans like to be turned down to zero and I do not know the protocols the device uses for doing this. It may not be as simple as 12v PWM on/off.

However, in testing it out, the zero mode does not work at all on my HD140 connected to the H115i PRO with iCUE 3.2.87. Which version of Link or iCUE are you using?

I cannot make much of a determination with this many changed variables on my end. Perhaps some other users with PRO model coolers and any fans can test and then post their fan model + Link/iCUE version and the end result.

Currently i have 2 Cooler Master MASTERFAN PRO 140 AIR Pressure fans installed. I actually never tried it with the original fans before.

Also i am using Corsair Link 4.9.7.35.

Maybe it really doesn't shut the 12v signal completely off which would explain why the fans won't turn off. When i connect them to the mainboard i can turn them off. But i would rather use corsair link because i want to tie the fan speed to the water temperature. This way they don't change their speed so rapidly just because the cpu goes to 50°C for a short moment.

@snapper69

I agree. I edited my PC specs like you did now too. Having an extra option would be better though.

I don't know how the controllers attains its zero rpm, but you are right to want to use coolant temperature as the control option. However, having gone down this road many times, you may want to carefully consider if the zero fan speed really gets you what you want. I don't really like zero rpm functions in any of their forms and there is a definite cooling difference between 0 and some minimal 10-20% speed. Furthermore, something in the case is always going to make noise. If you get rid of fan noise, that leaves the pump, HDD clicks, and GPU ticks. I don't really like any of those sounds and the soft flutter of a minimal fan speed should cover all of them. You may get what you want by running some tiny 300-400 rpm on the fans with noticeably better cooling and a softer white background noise.

All that said, we can keep trying to figure out this zero fan issue. I don't ever use it, so I have not been tracking it. This is the first time it has been mentioned, but it should work on my HD140s -- I would think. I get no change in fan speed at all in this mode.

I just tested it with the original fans and they turn off when i activate the 0rpm mode. So i guess they have some logic that allows them to stop spinning even though there is still voltage. So in conclusion, the 0rpm feature is not a feature from the cooler but from the fans. That sucks. Everyone who wants a little bit of rgb in their system can't use the 0rpm mode.

Maybe some custom fans are able to be used with the 0rpm mode but considering even czechsharks LL120s don't work i doubt it. But please post it here if you somehow manage to get it working.

Archived