Corsair Community

freezes while Profile Switching when MM800 is connected

momorious

Hello.

I am new to the Corsair Family.

Last week I got my K95 Platinum and with CUE I made several different profiles for my games.

I had no problems at all - the K95 switched to the correct profile everytime.

But today I got the MM800 and now my K95 does not switch to the profile at all when I launch a game, but the MM800 does switch to the correct profile. The LED Edge freezes completely.

I think its a CUE issue or a Firmware issue with the K95.

When I Alt+Tab out of the game the LED Edge is moving again and I am back at my normal desktop profile. When I open Cue and select the profile of the game which is running it loads the wrong one ( the next in the list actually ).

So for example I start CS:GO. I saved a profile that K95 goes into CS:GO CT profile, same for the MM800. Both have BLUE base color.

K95 freezes, MM800 goes correctly into BLUE mode.

WHen I alt+tab out both hardware are back at desktop settings (white). WHen I open CUE and select the CS:GO CT profile the K95 switches into CS:GO T profile which is red base color, the MM800 correctly switches to BLUE CT profile.

Whats going on here?

Or do I even have a broken K95 now?

Any chance for a hotfix?

Anyone else with this kind of issue?

The problem is you are the first person I remember reporting this. I did use a K95P and a MM800 without issue for a month or so this Summer. There are certainly others using it as well.

You did not mention what version of Link you are using. If you are on 2.20, roll back to 2.19. There seems to be a few issues with 2.20 and we have little technical information on the changes or other issues.

Where is the MM800 plugged in? Did you put it into the USB passthrough on the K95P? Regardless, try a different USB port.

The problem is you are the first person I remember reporting this. I did use a K95P and a MM800 without issue for a month or so this Summer. There are certainly others using it as well.

You did not mention what version of Link you are using. If you are on 2.20, roll back to 2.19. There seems to be a few issues with 2.20 and we have little technical information on the changes or other issues.

Where is the MM800 plugged in? Did you put it into the USB passthrough on the K95P? Regardless, try a different USB port.

MM800 is directly plugged into MB USB port.

I am on 2.20 yes. If I downgrade to 2.19 are all my profiles lost or are they kept?

They should stay, but don't take chances and you should always back them up regardless. CUE every now and then has a melt down and wipes your work. You could run into the same issue with a serious OS problem that requires re-installation.

You can use the export function to save them, preferably a non-C system drive. You can also make a copy of your C:Users/(name)/AppData/Romaing/Corsair/CUE folder, then drop it back into the same spot if things go wrong. Obviously over the long run, the export feature is better for saving newly created profiles you like, although it does not keep attached icons or background pictures.

**Also, make sure you are creating these profiles in the same mode, either advanced or basic (adv. toggled off). Mixing and matching profiles created in those two modes will cause some issues, although normally limited to a dark device or rainbows coming out non-stop.

I downgraded back to 2.19 but issue still there.

The MM800 is switching fine to its white illumination for Project CARS 2 for example but the K95 does not switch to that profile and the rainbow led edge is freezing.

Seems I need to send it back as it seems to be hardware issue?! But why only an issue when the MM800 is connected?

God damn no... :(

I did get a new MM800C today and plugged it in with K95 Platinum and a M65 RGB. All three are on the latest firmware and I updated to CUE 2.21 last night. I made my base default profile a very complex profile with dynamic lighting on all three devices. I then loaded up a game with a fairly simple static profile. I did my normal thing, alt-tab-ing out to the desktop a whole bunch while looking things up. Each and every time it switched to the correct profile and all three devices lit up as expected. No issue with static or dynamic lighting. I went to a different game with a more active profile and it was the same.

So, if your K95P was working before and not it is not, I would take a look at both CUE and the MM800. Contact Tech support. There may be some simple soft resets you can do to get things back on track that are less of a hassle than a return or RMA. You also may want to look at CUE. I have had issues in the past where CUE would not go back to the proper top-of-the-list default profile after exiting a game with a linked profile. That was a persistent problem and did not go away until I wiped the C drive and did an OS fresh install. I am not suggesting that, however, you may want to back up any created profiles through the export function and then uninstall CUE. You need to also go into the C:/User/(name)/AppData/Roaming/Corsair and AppData/Local/Corsair locations and delete the CUE folder from both of them after uninstalling. Then reinstall CUE and import a minimal number of profiles and see how it goes.

• Corsair Employee
I downgraded back to 2.19 but issue still there.

The MM800 is switching fine to its white illumination for Project CARS 2 for example but the K95 does not switch to that profile and the rainbow led edge is freezing.

Seems I need to send it back as it seems to be hardware issue?! But why only an issue when the MM800 is connected?

God damn no... :(

Have you tried creating new profiles with just lighting and enabled the auto profile switching for those?

I updated my Chipset Driver and at the same time forced the Firmware of the MM800 to be flashed again, now it seems to be working correctly for now.. K95 switches to correct profile everytime in my 20 quick tests.

Will report when/if the issue comes back...

Thank you for the help until here.

Here is a video showing the issue:

I have my K95 set to RGB color wave static colours with moving edge and the MM800 is set to be in rainbow wave mode also.

When starting Project CARS 2 for example both devices should go into a slim white version. MM800 is doing its profile switch fine. K95 freezes.

When I then switch profiles with the profile switch key the profiles are messed up with the MM800, so the K95 is always one profile behind the MM800 so the lighting does not match anymore.

Hardware defect of either MM800 or K95???

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZkVrxBnoh8[/ame]

MoBo is a Asus Z170-Deluxe with newest BIOS. Tried all available USB ports.

Here is another video showing the issue which I can even force by just pressing the profile change button.

You can see I have the rainbow wave selected in sync with MM800 and Glaive RGB.

When I press the profile change button on the K95 the keyboard lighting freezes, MM800 and Glaive RGB are changing to the correct profile with correct lighting (in this case full blue because my second profile is for Word and I decided to go full blue on the mouse and mouspad.)

When I press the profile change button again, the K95 changes to the next profile in the list, which is the Word profile. But the MM800 and Glaive RGB are now already on the next profile in the list which is a profile for Excel with full green lighting on the mouse and the pad.

This issue does not happen everytime, just totally random. Restarting cue doesnt help, only PC restart helps. Glaive and MM800 are changing their profiles correctly, just the K95 freezes..

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u20GQiYwOe8[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...
Hi I noticed this problem on my K95 as well. When I first start CUE, my keyboard displays the correct lights. When I move to the next profile, it displays the wrong profile RGB on my keyboard or it freezes the lights to the moment when I change my profile. All my other Corsair peripherals are fine. Has there been any fix on this?

No. This issue happens when I switch software CUE programmed profiles, not to the hardware ones.. But that's because I have 20 profiles between first CUE profile and first hardware profile and I therefore only experience this issue when switching from main profile to any game profile.

But the issue is not reproducible, it happens randomly from time to time

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know. I have been using a MM800C since the original posts. Most of my games have specific lighting profiles and I have yet to see the pad freeze up. Obviously it is happening to you, but I can't add any more. What did Tech Support suggest?

The other thing is it's now clear a lot of these RGB control programs are at odds with each other. Do you have anything else running that might affect this? NZXT CAM? Asus Aura?

Archived