Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4 Not Responding After Sleep Mode

aebelsky

Hi folks,

Corsair Link 4 (used with my H100i v2) freezes and not detecting my hardware after sleep mode. Have to either restart or sign out of windows to get it back to normal. I have tried switching the USB plugs, resetting MOBO Bios etc, and changing the sleep settings as best I could. I called corsair support but they got me nowhere just told me to call my motherboard manufacturer who also got me nowhere. Please help!

I had this symptom on my previous build.

As Red-ray wrote the disable/enable process in the windows device manager did the trick.

Now on my new build after I put it into sleep mode, Corsair Links reports more info (Mobo temp + fan speed) than after normal boot... funny... :bigeyes:

Maybe not so funny as we are talking about a software that goes with products that cast a little more than just a few bucks !!:evil:

Now on my new build after I put it into sleep mode, Corsair Links reports more info (Mobo temp + fan speed) than after normal boot... funny... :bigeyes:

This is rather strange to say the least :eek:. I wonder what is going on?

Please will you post two screen shots showing both the CL 4.5.0.55 [Home] tab + the SIV 5.16 [sensor Debug] panel, one for each state so I can try and deduce what is going on?

Here are my screens :

Thank you. The two SIV screens are the identical in what they report which is what I would expect, but CL4 starting to report the motherboard sensors does not make sense at all. Am I correct that you exited and restarted CL4 when the system came out of sleep?

For the cold boot case is the cpuz141 (may be cpuz140) driver active? See the SIV Menu->Windows->Services->Driver Display panel to check. I suspect it will be at the end of the list, but could be after CompositeBus.

On cold boot is CL4 run automatically? If so what happens if you exit and restart it?

Do you get the same effect with HWM V1.30?

No I just put the system into sleep, wait a few minutes and reawaken it

Corsair runs automatically on start

I did not exit Corsair Link in between boot and sleep. This is how weird it sounds.

No effect after cold boot if I exit and restart it.

I find cpuz139 in SIV as shown in the screen.

1795757496_DriversColdBoot.thumb.jpg.7bc20406e6c69b421a2c1a5a06447d2a.jpg

1247797164_Driversaftersleep.thumb.jpg.b03cdae7a11bdc50b5214143fdb4f559.jpg

I find cpuz139 in SIV as shown in the screen.

OK, I have a later cpuidsdk.dll which uses cpuz141.

I suspect after a sleep the CLink4Service service is restarted.

In the cold boot case use the SIV Menu->Windows->Service->CL4 Control panel to stop the service, does the cpuz139 driver go away? Then start the service, does the motherboard appear?

Make a note of the CLink4Service CPU times, with SIV panel running then sleep and awake the system. What happens to the CLink4Service CPU times? Can you see the service stop and start?

BTW .PNG works better than .JPG for screen shots, they are smaller and sharper.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived