Corsair Community

Crystal 570X Radiator Question (TOP)

SpraykwoN

First post on these forums so be nice :D

I currently have a Corsair 400C mid-tower case, but I am VERY interested in the 570X. Now, I read through the fan dimension specifications and noticed that a 280mm radiator will fit on the front of the case.

My question is, has anyone tried fitting a 280mm radiator (Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, 280mm is currently what I am running in my case) up top and if so does it fit? I know there are a few differing factors that could prevent this from happening, but I was just curious. I really don't want to have to buy a whole new radiator setup to use this case, so any help is appreciated.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be cautious. Compatibility chart lists 240mm only and while the 570 has a lot more room up top than the smaller 460X, I have to think you are going to run into the VRM heatsink or top ATX plug with the extra width.

There are some good pictures of the top here. It looks like the wider channel for 140mm fans is right on the edge of the motherboard plane.

I would be cautious. Compatibility chart lists 240mm only and while the 570 has a lot more room up top than the smaller 460X, I have to think you are going to run into the VRM heatsink or top ATX plug with the extra width.

There are some good pictures of the top here. It looks like the wider channel for 140mm fans is right on the edge of the motherboard plane.

Yea. My main concern is the radiator hitting the RAM or mobo. I had read that it SHOULD fit, but I was curious if anyone had actually made it work or at least attempted it. I may need to contact Corsair for a definitive answer.

I'm wondering if I can fit the 280mm radiator on the front of the chassis even though the fans are smaller than what the radiator itself comes with.

Any input on this is appreciated.

Do you mean strap a 280mm radiator to the 3x120 fans? You would have to fabricate some type of custom mount solution and I would not recommend it anyway. Lots of wasted airflow. You could do a 240mm on the upper 2/3 or look at 360mm radiators, depending on your needs. Corsair does not currently offer any 360's, but several other manufacturers do.

Do you mean strap a 280mm radiator to the 3x120 fans? You would have to fabricate some type of custom mount solution and I would not recommend it anyway. Lots of wasted airflow. You could do a 240mm on the upper 2/3 or look at 360mm radiators, depending on your needs. Corsair does not currently offer any 360's, but several other manufacturers do.

Yea

Damn...I would have to swap to the 240mm radiator, which I do not want to do being as I just bought this 280mm one less than 3 months ago.

But you want to keep the nice RGB fans across the front... Yes, this is common complaint and many are wondering when (and if) we will see 140mm RGB models.

A possible solution that would be to leave the 3x120 SP-RGBs in the front window, then custom rig the 280 behind them, while still using appropriate 140mmx2 fans in the pull position on the interior. Those would be the 'working' fans that actually pull air through the radiator. This is not a perfect set-up and 5 fans in the front would be loud and it would require some balancing between the two sets of fans so you don't get a lot of buffeting. Perhaps we'll get lucky and Corsair will have news at CES this week.

• 1 month later...

I managed to pick up the 570x. But first problem i have run into is the poor allowance for a 280mm corsair 110gt with two fans in push mounted to top of case. Yes it does hit the cpu power and ram release tabs on my asus rampage black board. The radiator fits in fine but you cant fit the fans underneath. There is a weird option to put the radiator on outside of case but why?????

So frustrsting for an expensive case. Case makers could have made the tower 20-30mm taller.

Do makers not test test these before churning out thousands of cases?

Also no space for cd rom and only mounting for two hdd and two ssd

EDIT: just read the all the comments thanks for taking one for the team glennn.

I'm in the same boat, I'm seriously considering this case(read: I want it really badly). I have a 240mm radiator setup with push/pull fans in my current case and in a review of the 570x @5:55[ame=https://youtu.be/e5H2S4L2Doo?t=5m57s]review of the 570x[/ame] it was pointed out that even Corsair's own h100 was a tight fit and hits ram that is tall. Later in the same vid it shows the system running with h100 and same ram they were having clearance issues. I was going to create the nearly the same thread except I have a 240mm w/fans hoping to get an official ruling on this.

• 2 weeks later...
EDIT: just read the all the comments thanks for taking one for the team glennn.

I'm in the same boat, I'm seriously considering this case(read: I want it really badly). I have a 240mm radiator setup with push/pull fans in my current case and in a review of the 570x @5:55

it was pointed out that even Corsair's own h100 was a tight fit and hits ram that is tall. Later in the same vid it shows the system running with h100 and same ram they were having clearance issues. I was going to create the nearly the same thread except I have a 240mm w/fans hoping to get an official ruling on this.

I have a 240 radiator mounted to the top of mine and it fits just fine. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room though, but it fits. It makes the build look nice and tidy, forcing you to hide motherboard wires. Unfortunately, if you want to unplug the CPU_FAN, you will have to remove the radiator and fans from the chassis completely. Only downside.

• 1 month later...

I was forced to put my Corsair Hydro Series H110i 280mm on the front panel (which looks kind of awkward because its designed for 360mm).

The radiator fits on the top BUT I wasn't able to put any fans on it as it touched my motherboard parts (msi z170 mpower mobo titanium).

I bought it on a whim because of it looks so damn good but after putting it all together I kind of regret purchasing it especially for that price. Corsair's own hydro series do not fit up top and hits their own ram because of the terrible design.

How much room is there technically for the DIMMs though?

Is there a DIMM height I should be looking for if I'm planning on installing a 240mm radiator+fan assembly?

Also, even though the air is being exhausted at that point and not blowing into the case, is it still safe for the memory to be that close to the radiator?

I was forced to put my Corsair Hydro Series H110i 280mm on the front panel (which looks kind of awkward because its designed for 360mm).

The radiator fits on the top BUT I wasn't able to put any fans on it as it touched my motherboard parts (msi z170 mpower mobo titanium).

I bought it on a whim because of it looks so damn good but after putting it all together I kind of regret purchasing it especially for that price. Corsair's own hydro series do not fit up top and hits their own ram because of the terrible design.

Hi - I don't suppose you could post a pic of that setup, could you? I bought the 570x today and thought I'd researched it properly, but didn't (obviously). I have the H110i and it won't fit anywhere - exact same issues that you had.

I want to try and mount the H110i radiator on the front of the case but can't figure out to make it fit.

Could you help with a pic of how you did it?

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - I don't suppose you could post a pic of that setup, could you? I bought the 570x today and thought I'd researched it properly, but didn't (obviously). I have the H110i and it won't fit anywhere - exact same issues that you had.

I want to try and mount the H110i radiator on the front of the case but can't figure out to make it fit.

Could you help with a pic of how you did it?

Thanks! :)

Ok, I'm going to quote my own post, since I didn't receive a response.

The 280mm radiator *does* fit on the front, but looks a bit awkward (as someone else pointed out).

I also have 3x Corsair HD120 fans on the front that look awesome, even if their wiring sucks a bit. The radiator performs without issues but has one of the fans overlap it slightly, hence the awkward comment. The way around that would be the new HD140 fans, although only 2 of them would fit in the front of the case.

That setup plus 2 more HD120 fans on the top and 1 more on the back for GPU water cooling (MSI 1080 Sea Hawk) make for a super bright and controllable setup once the Corsair Node Lighting Pro thing goes in there soon.

I'm not overclocking my 7700K and when rendering using Blender I'm getting CPU temps of around 60 degrees C at 100% CPU load. That's perfectly fine and proves the radiator is doing its job. Idle temps are consistently <20 degrees C.

The downside? 6x HD120 fans gets a bit noisy ... but meh, it looks cool. Can't hear them over the music/games anyway.

Tried to add a pic link but forums obfuscated the URL.

I think i will be getting Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS instead as i heard many comments of 570x have issue for top rad.. I intend to go for H100i v2 and push/pull config. With my current Asus Z270 TUF Mark 1 and 2x Ripjaws V DDR4 3400, i doubt i can fit as well.

Hello everyone,

So I'm unsure as to why a couple of you guys are having issues with installing 140mm radiators in the front. For one of our test systems, I was able to install an H110i in push/pull in the front of the case. I also used a standard ATX motherboard and a full length non-reference graphics cards, and still had about 80mm of free space. The only minor issue I've encountered is that the top 140mm fans run into the H110i's tubes, but it doesn't hurt anything.

Would either of you mind posting some pictures of how it isn't installing correctly?

Hello everyone,

So I'm unsure as to why a couple of you guys are having issues with installing 140mm radiators in the front. For one of our test systems, I was able to install an H110i in push/pull in the front of the case. I also used a standard ATX motherboard and a full length non-reference graphics cards, and still had about 80mm of free space. The only minor issue I've encountered is that the top 140mm fans run into the H110i's tubes, but it doesn't hurt anything.

Would either of you mind posting some pictures of how it isn't installing correctly?

Blake, I'm curious: I'm almost certain this is a "no", but is there enough height in that case to hold 3 140 fans, and/or a 420 radiator in the front?

• 1 month later...

I have an H110i top mounted in my 570X, but it's at the expense of 1x screw on each fan and perfect RAM security. It was actually an accident that I ordered the H115i... Since I got it to work I didn't bother to exchange it, but now I'm upgrading motherboards and I have a bad feeling that I'm going to run into some issues :-(

http://imgur.com/a/FY3P5

Blake, I'm curious: I'm almost certain this is a "no", but is there enough height in that case to hold 3 140 fans, and/or a 420 radiator in the front?

So sorry for the late response! It will only hold 360mm max length and the next size below is 280mm, followed by 240.

I can now, unfortunately, confirm that the H110i does not fit on the top of the case with any motherboard with a VRM heatsink. On my new motherboard I can just get the right-hand fan in butt-up against the RAM, but I've had to mount the left-hand fan outside the fan, in pull configuration for now. If it had just been the RAM in issued, I thought about Dremeling the corner of the offending fan off for some clearance.

In other news, would anyone like to buy an H110i or trade for an H100i?!

Hi All,

I have a Crystal 570, Maximus Formula board and the H110i. One of the fans closest to the CPU plug hits the built in watercooler plate on the MB... So I am running with only 1 fan now. I looked at installing the Fans on the top of the case but with mine being glass there is no room... I was thinking of getting larger spacers for the glass to cover, but then thought about low profile fans... I will update.

Also while writing this I thought of putting just the RAD on top and the fans in the case as a sandwich ... will update if this works...

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought an NZXT Kraken X62 for the RGB on the pump, I had planned to replace the radiator fans with 2 of Corsairs HD140. But didn't do enough research prior. I will be selling/trading the X62 for an x52 (240mm radiator). My question is, with two of Corsairs HD120 RGB fans on the radiator, will I still have enough clearance for the RAM and Mobo? I have an MSI Z270 Pro Carbon, I do not have any RAM yet as the build is still a work in progress, but was thinking about either GSkill Trident or Corsair vengeance, which one would allow me to use the x52?

Cheers

Archived