Corsair Community

Flashing lights (num/scroll/caps)

nkvd59

So my old MB died. Now on my new system I have three flashing lights for the num/scroll/and caps lock. All the posts I've read say dead device but no one is saying that it's a for sure thing.

Is that the case? I did not spill anything or have any problems prior to the MB giving up the ghost. Plugged it into my sons computer and the I'm getting the same 3 flashing lights.

I did open a support request with Corsair.

The same happened to me today, with my Vengeance K95 keyboard. I reset my PC and after that the problem appeared.

Upon plugging the keyboard into a different USB port, Windows first detects a 'KBD Boot loader' and then installs a driver for a USB Input Device. Maybe the firmware of the keyboard was somehow corrupted?

I could not find any helpful information, so I also opened a ticket with Corsair support.

@CHiLL72

You might be able to fix the keyboard by reflashing the firmware as the keyboard as it is still detected in Windows.

Follow the steps in this thread.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104856

Thank you for this tip! Using my laptop I was able to revive my K95 keyboard. Apparently the firmware had to be re-flashed, which I was able to do.

• 3 years later...
  • Corsair Employee
I can’t figure out how to change the backlight on my Corsair K40 does anyone know how and if so does it work for icue because whenever I log on it says no device connected?

The K40 isn't supported in iCUE, you'll want to use this version of software:

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Gaming-Keyboards/K40-setup-1.0.0.4-120313.zip

• 4 weeks later...
I tried that software and it worked but every time I turn off my pc and turn it back on my backlight changes to white. After this happens I go back into the software to change the backlight again but I have to redownload the software.

Archived