Corsair Community

How I would improve the Vengeance M65 RGB

Riekopo

I plan on buying a Vengeance M65 RGB to replace my Vengeance M90 when it becomes available. There are some improvements I would like to see in future iterations though.

First, I would remove the big shiny red sniper button or make it less noticeable. It clashes with the look of the rest of the mouse. Second, I would make the two left side buttons bigger and easier to press. The more similar they are to the Razer DeathAdder's two left side buttons the better. Third, I would lower the weight of the mouse. Even with no weights in it, it is a comparatively heavy mouse. Fourth, I would improve the scroll wheel so it doesn't rattle when you move the mouse around fast. Fifth, I would add a left and right click to the scroll wheel. This is a very useful feature that some great mice have. Sixth and finally, I would replace the laser sensor with a high end optical sensor.

Edit: I would also change the circular DPI indicator back to the three lines hamburger style like it was before. I found that easier to understand than remembering what color is what DPI and better looking.

Edit: I would move the mouse cord to the middle of the mouse and not the left. I would also make the logo on the back of the mouse smaller. The size of the logo on the M90 looks good to me.

How would you guys improve this mouse or another Corsair keyboard/mouse?

• The grip on the right side is too short, leaving the aluminum exposed. My pinky finger is supposed to rest here but now it can't which is very distracting.
  • Sometimes I couldn't distinguish the two thumb buttons from each other which caused me to press the wrong one. It looks like the thumb buttons on the Corsair Sabre mouse don't have this problem. Corsair, please redesign the thumb buttons or use the same thumb buttons as the Sabre mouse.
  • The black K70 has red LED's but the black M65 has blue LED's. Corsair, please colormatch these products by making the blue LED's red. Of course I could buy an RGB version but I don't want to have to use software to accomplish this.
  • The sniper button is glossy which doesn't complement the matte look of the rest of the M65 in my opinion.
  • Put the classy Corsair logo on there, not the Corsair Gaming tramp stamp.

I just got this mouse the other day. So far, I am not enjoying the texture on the sides of the mouse at all. In the past I have used a Logitech MX518 and Logitech G9x, much prefer the texture on the sides of those mice. The sides on the M65 RGB are very slippery for me. I had to homebrew some grips for the sides so I can lift up and reposition the mouse more easily when needed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Updating this after a week of playing with the M65 RGB Mouse.

Overall, I am enjoying this mouse. But I did not like the textured sides at all. My fingers kept slipping when doing 'lift up and reposition.' I found some GT-5000 Grip Tape on Amazon. Trimmed some up for the sides, and now I have a mouse with the texture I like. If anybody else has issues with the textured sides, I highly recommend this grip tape.

Archived