The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 11:02 AM
GlobalTommy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687607
GlobalTommy Reputation: 10

I have problems waking up my PC from sleep. I have just installed AX860i in my system. If I try to wake up my PC after a short sleep time (like 5 min) all is fine, but after longer period (hour or more) it just won't wake up. The light on the keyboard will come up but everything else is off. I have Windows 8.1 x64. Does any of you have similar problems? Do I have to change something in the bios? My old PSU was working just fine with the same BIOS setup.

Thanks,
Tom

Old 12-15-2013, 11:18 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687609
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalTommy View Post
I have problems waking up my PC from sleep. I have just installed AX860i in my system. If I try to wake up my PC after a short sleep time (like 5 min) all is fine, but after longer period (hour or more) it just won't wake up. The light on the keyboard will come up but everything else is off. I have Windows 8.1 x64. Does any of you have similar problems? Do I have to change something in the bios? My old PSU was working just fine with the same BIOS setup.

Thanks,
Tom
i would think its a bios setting but if you start your own thread specifically for this issue,your more apt to get additional ideas regarding your problem...

Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 AM
TheStriker095's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687698
TheStriker095 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalTommy View Post

Thanks,
Tom
This often happens if PLL Overvoltage is enabled in the UEFI/BIOS. Also, if you're running Windows 8/8.1 disable "Turn on fast startup" in power options, this will fix many waking problems within windows.

http://prntscr.com/2bjgck
http://prntscr.com/2bjgaq

Off topic, how does one edit their signature on here? I cannot seem to find the option in the User Control Panel :/

Old 12-16-2013, 11:35 AM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687727
shuffl2me Reputation: 15

and another Monday rolls round, wonder if corsair are going to show up something this week, I highly doubt it as they seem to like jerking people around.

Corsair is a total joke

Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687792
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStriker095 View Post

Off topic, how does one edit their signature on here? I cannot seem to find the option in the User Control Panel :/
go to your private messages and its on the left side of your screen...

Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Serpico_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 687842
Serpico_ Reputation: 10

Corsair what do you wanna do? It's December NOW and I can't see any Update.
I have Win8.1 and a H100i cooler.

I followed the guide to fix the local machine settings, but i think that this is not the real solution because the cooler doesn't work properly like with Win7.
Corsair I paid you for the H100i and I think that I'm not the only one in this situation, so I Claim a real solution!

Any answer?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:22 AM
dburne's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687844
dburne Reputation: 10

I am glad I finally found this forum and discovered this is a Corsair/ Win 8.1 issue.

I did a complete new system build yesterday, and put a new H100i in it, and struggled for a while last night trying to get the software installed and working. It always never showed my H100i so there was no way to adjust things through the software for it. Found a youtube video of a guy showing how it works, and saw his listed the H100i and allowed adjustments, and thought what the heck?

Well at least it was nothing done on my end, though I would have saved myself a lot of trouble if I had checked these forums first.

I sure hope we see a fix come soon. I am new to the H100i, or any coolant system for that matter, I guess it is cooling ok with it running as is but sure would like to be able to manually set it..

Old 12-17-2013, 10:51 AM
WinSomeLoseNone's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687859
WinSomeLoseNone Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair George View Post
In order to get the version that works with 8.1 to work correctly it requires a firmware flash for the various products connected (H100i or whatever). Right now we've got it working the majority of the time but we've seen it brick an H100i during the firmware flash one time in the lab.

The main reason we're not releasing the current beta is we're doing a failure analysis to determine how it bricked the H100i and to make sure we don't release a beta that bricks half of your guys' hardware. This is why we screen the beta internally before release. A dead H100i isn't a big deal to us - we've got dozens of them in the lab. To you it's a much bigger deal.
Any updates on testing or ETA?

Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687875
shuffl2me Reputation: 15

no update surprise surprise, from the most useless company I have ever dealt with, so useless in fact I've managed to get offered a refund before they could offer a approximate date. shame they expect me to call a yankee number from the UK as for some unknown reason in this day and age **** like that cant be sorted via their support site.

so there you have it folks your 2 choices:

wait forever on some software with no idea when it will turn up and keep the brick inside your PC.

or

spend a fortune by sitting on hold to a company for hours, spending the money you would have got refunded

Old 12-18-2013, 02:17 AM
BizSAR's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687963
BizSAR Reputation: 10

I followed the registry changes suggested here for Win 8.1 install (not upgrade) and things are working just fine.

My first whack at water cooling at all. Maximum PC recommended the H100i, so I went for it and it works great!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:06 AM
antonyfrn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 687971
antonyfrn Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffl2me View Post
no update surprise surprise, from the most useless company I have ever dealt with, so useless in fact I've managed to get offered a refund before they could offer a approximate date. shame they expect me to call a yankee number from the UK as for some unknown reason in this day and age **** like that cant be sorted via their support site.

so there you have it folks your 2 choices:

wait forever on some software with no idea when it will turn up and keep the brick inside your PC.

or

spend a fortune by sitting on hold to a company for hours, spending the money you would have got refunded
errr Freephone number via Skype? what ive done in the past.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:27 AM
WarGawd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 688139
WarGawd Reputation: 10
Default Trying to understand the difference -

as to why some are reporting CL working with their product under win 8.1, why some have success after registry edits and others still have no success.

I've just finished a new build, still getting my feet wet with the new system, big gap between former O/S and Win 8.1, as well as first time liquid cooler user (H80i). So I installed all my hardware, complete with the H80i attached to a usb header, then installed windows (first time, clean install on brand new machine), installed monitor & motherboard drivers, followed by SSD utilities, then wireless adapter software. Got online, activated windows 8.1 pro, updated, rebooted, went back online and started checking for updates to key hardware, and then installed latest rev Corsair Link 2.4.5110. Could only see the GPU/CPU and some fans, nothing to do with the H80i.

Hopped back online followed a few threads (mainly http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962) and realized there were issues. Followed a few more related threads, discover most have been closed with no resolution as yet, but throughout there have been a number of people who reported success with the registry changes. I have reset the relevant keys to 0, rebooted and still have no luck. Anybody with theories as to what the differences may be? (It's entirely possible I overlooked something small, tired and may be rushing a bit to get to a well defined place where I can create a system image as a precaution)

Thoughts? Anyone want more specific info?

**EDIT - just tripped over the FAQ, reading now, if anything comes to light I'll update here
*** EDIT 2 - per the FAQ, Asus AI Suite and CL may trip over each other - I had AI suite running, so I closed it, re-ran Link, no change...

Thx :-)

Last edited by WarGawd; 12-19-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Braxos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 688203
Braxos Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarGawd View Post
as to why some are reporting CL working with their product under win 8.1, why some have success after registry edits and others still have no success.

I've just finished a new build, still getting my feet wet with the new system, big gap between former O/S and Win 8.1, as well as first time liquid cooler user (H80i). So I installed all my hardware, complete with the H80i attached to a usb header, then installed windows (first time, clean install on brand new machine), installed monitor & motherboard drivers, followed by SSD utilities, then wireless adapter software. Got online, activated windows 8.1 pro, updated, rebooted, went back online and started checking for updates to key hardware, and then installed latest rev Corsair Link 2.4.5110. Could only see the GPU/CPU and some fans, nothing to do with the H80i.

Hopped back online followed a few threads (mainly http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962) and realized there were issues. Followed a few more related threads, discover most have been closed with no resolution as yet, but throughout there have been a number of people who reported success with the registry changes. I have reset the relevant keys to 0, rebooted and still have no luck. Anybody with theories as to what the differences may be? (It's entirely possible I overlooked something small, tired and may be rushing a bit to get to a well defined place where I can create a system image as a precaution)

Thoughts? Anyone want more specific info?

**EDIT - just tripped over the FAQ, reading now, if anything comes to light I'll update here
*** EDIT 2 - per the FAQ, Asus AI Suite and CL may trip over each other - I had AI suite running, so I closed it, re-ran Link, no change...

Thx :-)
Maybe the System didn't even recognize the USB header from the H80i. I had the same issue but with the PSU 860i so i had to unplug it and re plug it several times before system could see it, careful as this should be done with system running so it means it can be going bad too.
You could ofc try re plugging after shutting down the system then power up and check and so on till the system recognizes it.

Good luck with it.

P.S. ofc the registry changes are not for all the USB headers on it but if you are Unpluging and repluging you could check on the registry what Header is gone so you know which is the H80i one.

i would suggest powering the system down before unpluging and repluging h80i to be safe

Last edited by Braxos; 12-19-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 688291
Technobeard Reputation: 68

UPDATE 12/19: Windows 8 / 8.1 Support is live! Beta 2.5.5145

Last edited by Technobeard; 01-08-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:20 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 688295

thank you Tb,im freaking thrilled and i dont even have win8
just in time for the holidays