Corsair Community

Take a break from woe and check this out.

Helos

Hi Guys I know that this is a support forum and all, and I have a small question. I also wanted to share this interesting install :)

Basically its a H100i in a Fractal define R4 mounted in the front with the fans pulling clean air in the front and blowing it into the case.

You can see that the fan/rad block is mounted on the removable cassette in the front of the R4

the cassette needed to be mounted in backwards to give us extra room to make it over the ram. . .next time I wold recommend the low profile corsair ram :)

SSD is mounted on the back of the motherboard and a mechanical in the optical drive bay

It runs really quite, not benchmarked much beyond playing some games. . .which are quite :)

Anyway, my question is that if you look at the thumbscrew image you'll notice that there is no Philips screwdriver pattern in the top left thumb screw.

a) is that a fault that it didn't have this cut into the thumb screw? the guy that I was installing this with said that was all that was in the box.

b) we did it up as tight as we could (although the Philips one were a bit tighter) will that be OK for a contact. . .with initial testing it 'seems' to be ok

Pliers gripped the screw quite well.

Regards,

Helos

complete.JPG.f511515861320c4dd4b3063fdb865711.JPG

front_alignment.JPG.ccc1f1cf0926fd0f210f020c9ed6e98b.JPG

mounted.JPG.aa8b4eb57670d1382167415676ca1630.JPG

thumbscrew.JPG.020989a0ee05c3a1548e323dc9fe77f7.JPG

i've seen a lot of builds with the R4 deciding to use the H100 at the front.

To be honest, as long as the tubing doesnt get in the way, it makes sense.

It draws air from the lower front half of the case - where there's often a lot of cool air and since the front slots are filtered with the case you dont get dust intake.

Also helps with motherboard clearance...has the slots for even a 280mm rad at the top but not enough clearance to the MB to fit it...

Although my one criticism would be the orientation of the CPU block/pump...

I'd prefer it if the tubes out of the pump were on the lower side, that'd make it easier for the pump to pump around the fluide rather than upwards...

but then again i have to mount my cooler that way in my mini ITX and it seems to work ok! :)

Although my one criticism would be the orientation of the CPU block/pump...

I'd prefer it if the tubes out of the pump were on the lower side, that'd make it easier for the pump to pump around the fluide rather than upwards...

I know that's your preference, but with these coolers orientation really does not matter. They were designed to be used in just about any way you could mount them. It wont effect the pump in any way or how it moves the water through the system either since they are a closed loop system.

Archived