Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB - Enable hardware rebind of "Profile Switch" button?

Wiegraff

Are there any workarounds to enable the ability to rebind the profile switch button for a hardware profile?

I only use a single profile and want to rebind this button but the software wont allow me to under hardware.

I know someone in another thread edited some .xml files to enable the left mouse button to be remapped, is there such a workaround for the profile switch button?

• 2 weeks later...

After hours of frustration and searching I found that yes there is a work around for the profile switch button. And it is asinine to say we have 6 programmable buttons but lock us out of said buttons when we want to save it to the hardware???? So without corsair's help or support here is the work around. Once you have it set and import it back into iCue DON'T try touching the actions again as it reset mine and i had to delete and re-import the edited profile.

Just use 'MouseProfileSwitch' instead of 'Mouse1' in that tutorial.

If any of you, like me, would like to rebind Profile Switch, this mouse key button is named "MouseProfileSwitch", use that instead of "Mouse1".

I found a way, but it is very janky and volatile. After it is bound it can reset if you try to make changes to it. if you try to click on the macro in icue, it will unbind it.

TLDNR - Make a macro, bind it to a mouse button. Go to users/appdata/roaming/corsair/CUE/profiles , Find your cueprofile. change the button you bound, to Mouse1.

For safety: Rebind one of your dpi keys or sniper button or forward/back buttons to act as your left mouse button. I also make one of my keyboard media keys backups for all the mouse buttons. Or make a profile switching action that goes to another profile.

Then.

Make the Macro you want to take the place of the left mouse button.

Bind it to your middle mouse button.

Export your profile somewhere and open it up.

Find the ID of your profile.

Close icue.

Now find the .cueprofile in users/yourusername/appdata/roaming/corsair/CUE/profiles

open it up, ctrl+f search for the name of the macro you made. It should be in one <first> branches of the <value#> branches under <Actions>. Inside the <second> branch, you should see:

<first>Mouse3</first>

<second>Click</second>

change the Mouse3 to Mouse1. Save it

-<cereal>

-----<value0>

---------<profile>

---------<name>Your ProfileName</name>

---------<id>{63f8eRandom01-stuff1-b774-56dfds501638}</id>

--------------<properties size="dynamic">

++++++++++++++<value0>

-------------------<value1>

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <key>Mouse</key>

----------------------------<value>

--------------------------------<properties size="dynamic">

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value0>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value1>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value2>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<value3>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<polymorphic_id>random#'s</polymorphic_id>

----------------------------------------------<polymorphic_name>ActionsProperty</polymorphic_name>

----------------------------------------------<ptr_wrapper>

--------------------------------------------------<data>

--------------------------------------------------<Actions>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value0>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value1>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value2>

-------------------------------------------------------<Value3>

------------------------------------------------------------<first> your macro name should be 3 or 4 layers deep into the <first> fold/branch.

------------------------------------------------------------<second>

------------------------------------------------------------------<first>Mouse3</first> change this to Mouse1

------------------------------------------------------------------<second>Click</second>

------------------------------------------------------------</second>

-------------------------------------------------------</Value3>

• 4 months later...

Sorry I couldn't have helped you 5 months ago but I will hopefully help the people googling this problem 5 months from now:

Created An Account just because this problem wasted me hours of time and I wanna put the solution out there

I only know this works for CUE software version 2.10.71, it can be found online. I'm pretty sure later versions don't use the file I did.

So:

1: Open a text editor as an administrator (I wasn't able to open the file without doing so, notepad should work)

2: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices

3: Open profile_scimitar.xml (note: check if you have a scimitar pro if this doesn't work, you might need to open profile_scimitar_pro_rgb)

4:find the tag "protectedKeysForHwProfile" and delete the name inside of the <item> tag (I forget the name)

5: Restart your computer I spent an hour wondering why this wasn't working because I assumed CUE would recheck the file when I closed it and unclosed it. Just killing CUE in the task manager might work but I know for a fact rebooting does

6: hopefully your profile switch key should be unlocked

unlocking the left mouse click is done in the same file under <protectedKeys>